G'day and probably goodbye.

I will certainly miss all your contributions, tips, humour, etc. Take care Mr Gut, enjoy your new puppy and we sure all do hope to see you back on the boards, and onboard, before you know it! God Bless.

Mr Gut and Co...

Just gotta say that we, ourselves, dont get onto the CC site to contribute very often. We also do not think that we have ever communicated directly..

BUT...... Always appreciate your input when we are looking around..

Thanks for that, and hope that everything works out positive for you..

Sue and Phil

Hi Mr Gut, We had the opportunity to meet and have a great chat on QM2, so have a fair idea of the circumstances.

However, believe mrs and mrs, be back to us as your humour and good advice is appreciated by all. It may also be very good for you.

See email

Adrian

so sorry to hear of your decline in health.

will miss your contributions to the forum.

on a more positive note, a friend who had two lumbar disc problems about 25 years ago...who looked like she would never do much with her young life...has, to date, never had an operation but regained her life with pilates (slowly but surely)

hope that things will be better soon for you.

I wasn't going to post this, mainly because I hate it when people say "I'm leaving this group".

What changed my mind?

A few people contacted me direct expressing some concerns about my absence, and I cannot tell you how much I appreciated it.

What has happened is my back has gone down hill, and I mean big time, a few ambulance rides, falling over almost every day, and some bodily control issues when I do fall that I'd rather not talk about here.

I had three cruises booked. Doctors said the only way I would be allowed go on them was in a wheelchair, and maybe not even then. For insurance purposes it counts as a pre-existing condition so I had to make a call while I could cancel without penalty (for the two night cruise it was already too late). So we pulled the plug. The other two I might have taken the risk if I'd been able to get an accessible cabin, but Princess, in spite of their promises, let me down and NCL was sold out.

Then there's the issue that Mrs Gut needs a mid ship cabin and even the accessible we managed to swap to on Solstice is too far forward for our liking, but she is prepared to give it a go for the two days.

It has been a hard time physically and mentally, my new pup has helped a lot with the depression.

To be honest posting became agonising as it just reminded me that my cruising career MAY be over as well as just how precarious my physical state is.

One member sent me a video of my beloved home town to give me a lift and I can't tell you how much I appreciate it.

I hope one day things will improve enough to at least let me post sometimes but for now, "I'll miss the friendship I've found here, thank you all."

Sorry to be a bit of a downer,

Sorry to here of your situation old salt. Maybe a trip around our Lake when the days get a bit warmer and you are feeling a bit better will help.

My old girl is eazy to board and slow enough to take in the sights. keep it in mind for later.

Best wishes Michael

Well words cannot really express how we all feel about what is going on with your health and ability to cruise. I do understand how this forum would make it hard to contribute without being able to cruise though and understand your reluctance to torment yourself. That said, if you feel you can bring yourself to return, you are always welcome here.

P.s Glad the video cheered you up, and we will get together one day down by the waterfront for a drink.

Hey Gut,

Just wanted to add my appreciation for everything you have done for this forum. You have always given great advice and even though I've never publicly acknowledged it, your advice has been invaluable to me.

Best wishes to yourself and mrs Gut on your health journey.

Sorry to hear of you health problems Mr Gut. All the best to you and your lovely wife who we have heard so much about.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And she is lovely despite some of the things GUT has said about her over the years.;p

Gut, I am so, so sorry for you. To lose cruising on top of your deterioration of health is a bitter blow indeed. All I can do is to hope with all my heart for a miracle to happen for you.

I have thoroughly enjoyed sparring with you here, and learning from your experiences. You will be sorely missed.

I hope your new pup brings you some consolation - the antics of young pets have a way of healing anguish.

Of course, you realise that I will never be able to make a pavlova again without thinking of you and, no, I will not be serving my pavlova with ice cream. ;p

Au revoir, my friend .. I refuse to say adieu!

Julie

Hi Gut, I am fairly new to the forum but have read countless comments from you and I have learned such a lot.

I love your humour and I am so sorry your cruising days are done.

No doubt you will be able to find something to help fill up your life,

Best wishes for your future.

Ditto for me too.. I hope things look up for you in the future..

Hi Gut,

I have read many of your posts and love the humour and passion that you put into your advice.

I created an account as I wanted to say how sorry I am to see you go. I wish you the best of luck with your health issues and especially coming to terms with how they affect your life.

I was diagnosed with an illness at 37 yrs which will progress and eventually put me into a wheelchair and I know how hard it is to cope with a life changing illness. I understand and have been through the sadness and the stages of denial, grief and anger that you go through when Drs tell you bad news. At the end of these emotions is acceptance and with that comes hope and stubbornness to find a way back to happiness.

I really hope that your back improves and you can find a way back to cruising.

All the best

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi Gut,

I have read many of your posts and love the humour and passion that you put into your advice.

I created an account as I wanted to say how sorry I am to see you go. I wish you the best of luck with your health issues and especially coming to terms with how they affect your life.

All the best

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The circle of life demonstrated, as one CC member is leaving us (hopefully on temporarily) another steps up.

Welcome to posting, I look forward to more contributions now you have started.

Mr Gut, speaking as one who has a degenerative back condition that forced me into early retirement about 12 years ago, and for the past 7 months has had me sleeping in a LazyBoy recliner, I can certainly empathise with you. Not at the stage of no cruises but walking is limited to about 100Mtr between rests.

All I can say is don't let it get to you or that pup may turn into a "Black Dog", as it very nearly did with me, and you don't wan't that to happen. I don't know what would be a substitute for you but I do a helluva lot of travelling on my computer, and view the worlds places on a 25" screen.

One of the great things is the new Google Earth on the Chrome browser, far better and quicker than the old GE.

Hang in there mate, getting older wouldn't be so bad if it didn't bloody hurt so much eh?

so sorry to hear of your decline in health.

will miss your contributions to the forum.

on a more positive note, a friend who had two lumbar disc problems about 25 years ago...who looked like she would never do much with her young life...has, to date, never had an operation but regained her life with pilates (slowly but surely)

hope that things will be better soon for you.

Been down the Pilates route. Been down the Tai Chi path (great short term relief) hypnosis, not sure there's anything I haven't tried.