Eclipse - sanctuary area ??

RotaryMike

There is an area called the Solarium, covered, with a pool. But you cannot book the recliners there: it's first come, first served. It is adults only unless there is inclement weather and then the Captain may decide to open it to "family hours" which usually means an hour or two in the late afternoon when adults are mostly dressing or having cocktails.

Thankfully Celebrity don't charge for deck space like on Princess and P&O. Try Solstice Deck (deck16) for quiet sunbathing or the Solarium an indoor adult area which is first come first served basis. Sunbed hoggers are a problem like on all cruise lines.

In some places Celebrity does indeed charge for deck space - specifically the Alcoves on S class ships, which are located on each side of the deck where the lawn is. Hate that they do that, but there are plenty of other areas without fees where one can enjoy the decks. So far they do not have a similar charge on M class.

In some places Celebrity does indeed charge for deck space - specifically the Alcoves on S class ships, which are located on each side of the deck where the lawn is. Hate that they do that, but there are plenty of other areas without fees where one can enjoy the decks. So far they do not have a similar charge on M class.

If they were free the same people will have all their stuff on them for the whole cruise!!

It was my understanding that only the Silhouette and Reflection, which are the two ships that replaced the Hot Glass Show with The Lawn Club Grill, are the only two ships that have the alcoves.

They definitely had them on Solstice in February. I don't think I ever saw anyone using them though.

Keep in mind that even though the Solarium in an adults only venue, they do allow kids to eat in the aqual spa cafe, which means kids running thrught the area, in addition, its a walk thru area leading to the back stairs/elevators, so again, people feel free to ignore the signs, & bring their kids to run through.

I have no problem with kids/roddlers/ babies on a ship, I just truly belive there should be some adults only areas. :)