Offered Upgrade on Solstice to Aqua Class for $200 stateroom

CCC's

I have read about the supposed "upgrade fairy" but never thought that I would receive a visit from her/him. I had booked a 9 day cruise to south Pacific islands on Solstice in March 2018, verandah cabin on deck 8 which came with added perks of OBC $300 plus Drinks Package for two.

Received an email today offering an upgrade to Aqua Class for $200 per stateroom which I immediately recognised as being a pretty good deal, so jumped on it immediately and have now been confirmed in an Aqua Class cabin on deck 11. I was initially offered a cabin which was under the pool deck (I did have the deck plans open on my computer whilst discussing cabins with the Celebrity Rep.). I asked if there were any other cabins available and was offered one towards the back of the ship which had normal cabins in the decks above and below, which suited me.

Also confirmed whether my original perks of OBC and Bev. Package would be included in this new booking and was advised nothing would change except for my cabin number, and of course, the fact that we would be able to enjoy all the normal facilities offered to Aqua Class passengers.

Aqua Class has always been out of my reach budget-wise so I am one very happy cruiser at this moment. I do belong to Captains Club and I sure hope that other loyal Celebrity cruisers will be offered this wonderful upgrade. :cool: :hearteyes: :*

Wow,

The most of ever been able to do, is upgrade as there is a price drop. I wonder wether they are offering them prior to dropping the price? Although being a march cruise they still have plenty of time to fill cabins.

I'm on the cruise before you, I checked today there is only one Aqua cabin available, although once final payment comes, hopefully some will open up and there will be price drops, don't think we will be offered the upgrade you got!

I have read about the supposed "upgrade fairy" but never thought that I would receive a visit from her/him. I had booked a 9 day cruise to south Pacific islands on Solstice in March 2018' date=' verandah cabin on deck 8 which came with added perks of OBC $300 plus Drinks Package for two.

Received an email today offering an upgrade to Aqua Class for $200 per stateroom which I immediately recognised as being a pretty good deal, so jumped on it immediately and have now been confirmed in an Aqua Class cabin on deck 11. I was initially offered a cabin which was under the pool deck (I did have the deck plans open on my computer whilst discussing cabins with the Celebrity Rep.). I asked if there were any other cabins available and was offered one towards the back of the ship which had normal cabins in the decks above and below, which suited me.

Also confirmed whether my original perks of OBC and Bev. Package would be included in this new booking and was advised nothing would change except for my cabin number, and of course, the fact that we would be able to enjoy all the normal facilities offered to Aqua Class passengers.

Aqua Class has always been out of my reach budget-wise so I am one very happy cruiser at this moment. I do belong to Captains Club and I sure hope that other loyal Celebrity cruisers will be offered this wonderful upgrade. :cool: :hearteyes: :*[/quote']

Since this is before the final payment date, do you get the AQU points or points based on original booking category?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not really sure about the points, but if I get those extra points it will get me up to the next level. I am just pretty happy about the upgrade. The extra points will be a great bonus.

That is wonderful. Enjoy your cruise and the Aqua amenities. We were able to upgrade from a veranda to AQ for a moderate cost last year, and enjoyed dining in Blu and Persian Garden, as well as the body sprays in the shower. Didn't care for the "snacks" so we requested shrimp cocktail instead and found shrimp cocktail in our cabin every afternoon going forward.

The points thing is interesting. On our last two cruises we got upgrades after final payment when the price of our original cabin dropped dramaticly. The first cruise we were offered A1 cabins, the second we were offered either C3 or A2. On that one we had to take the C3 because we were traveling with family who could not get the upgrade. Anyway, in both cases we earned the extra points for Aqua and CC so it was a nice added bonus.

The points thing is interesting. On our last two cruises we got upgrades after final payment when the price of our original cabin dropped dramaticly. The first cruise we were offered A1 cabins, the second we were offered either C3 or A2. On that one we had to take the C3 because we were traveling with family who could not get the upgrade. Anyway, in both cases we earned the extra points for Aqua and CC so it was a nice added bonus.

I will have my fingers crossed and hope I get the extra points too ! But regardless of what transpires, to be on a cruise is the best holiday ever, especially on the Solstice.

Their policy on these types of reduced price upgrades is that you are awarded the points for the category you booked. In this case verandah. I agree that this is still a very nice upgrade.

That is incorrect. if you pay more for the upgrade you are offered, you get the points for the higher category cabin. If they upgrade you gratis you get the points you would have gotten for your original cabin.

I will have my fingers crossed and hope I get the extra points too ! But regardless of what transpires' date=' to be on a cruise is the best holiday ever, especially on the Solstice.[/quote']

Congrats on your upgrade. You will love Blu and

AQ class. We upgraded last year from AQ to a suite for very little money and we got the suite points.

That is incorrect. if you pay more for the upgrade you are offered, you get the points for the higher category cabin. If they upgrade you gratis you get the points you would have gotten for your original cabin.

True if you pay the going rate. The captains club program for offering highly discounted upgrades is the way I stated. Has been for the last couple.of years

Their policy on these types of reduced price upgrades is that you are awarded the points for the category you booked. In this case verandah. I agree that this is still a very nice upgrade.

But they are wag before final payment.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Here is the excerpt from the Captains Club terms and conditions

** Reduced rate upgrades, pre-cruise and onboard, will earn Club Points at the original stateroom category purchased, and NOT the category of the upgraded stateroom.

It really depends on the specifics of the upgrade. From the OPs post it seemed they were offered the Aqua room at less than the current pricing of the room. The fact that it was so far out from sailing is a bit odd but still sounds to me like a "Reduced rate upgrade".

This is different than when the price drops on the higher category to the price at or below what you paid for the lower category and they move you to the higher category. Then you are getting the points for the price you paid.

I found this out the hard way a few years ago. I had booked a verandah GTY (X) for $999 pp. I was called and offered an upgrade to a Royal Suite for an additional $1500 pp which I accepted as the total I paid was less than 1/2 the going rate for the RS.

When I got home I was awarded only the 3 points per night. I called CC thinking it was a mistake. They explained that it wasn't since it was a discounted upgrade. I argued that given what I actually paid was 3x my verandah booking they relented and gave me the RS points. This was before they made the CC loyalty discounted upgrade program official and published the awarded points restriction.

I have read about the supposed "upgrade fairy" but never thought that I would receive a visit from her/him. I had booked a 9 day cruise to south Pacific islands on Solstice in March 2018' date=' verandah cabin on deck 8 which came with added perks of OBC $300 plus Drinks Package for two.

Received an email today offering an upgrade to Aqua Class for $200 per stateroom which I immediately recognised as being a pretty good deal, so jumped on it immediately and have now been confirmed in an Aqua Class cabin on deck 11.[/quote']

Congrats on your upgrade.

However, you were visited by the upsell fairy, not the upgrade fairy.