Diamond vs. Diamond Plus

It costs us about $1200 each to fly from hawaii to orlando. I guess it is not so bad considering we are flying about 5800 miles each way. Isn't flying from the uk to orlando less than 3000 miles?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

3500 miles from Manchester to Orlando.

In the debate i used dollars so $ 2000 to include transfers and US hotel overnight.

Probably about £1700.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

I love how people pull this stuff out of thin air or their a$$.;p

I get emails every day to cruise with X or Princess or NCL with free drinks. I think 3 hours an evening, when most of the time is spent eating dinner is a heck of a lot cheaper for RCI than giving me free drinks all day all week.

Then these people post their opinions and viola we are supposed to freak out?:eek:

Get over yourselves unless you are on the board of directors your spewing means pretty much squat.

I, also, love the specificity. It is all mapped out. Here is exactly how it is going to work. I just laugh. It may happen or the moon may be full of cheese and will land in Antigua for a giant cheese festival.... each are about as likely to happen.

You people worry about the wrong crap way way too much.

JMHO and YMMV

JC

Now I know you miss your wind therapy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is for good debate only. Why wouldn't Suite Guest have access to both lounges?

Why would suite guests have access to the DL if they are not Diamond level or above in C&A? The suite lounge is something that is attached to buying a cabin. The DL is part of the C&A program. We are talking two entirely different things.

I love how people pull this stuff out of thin air or their a$$.;p

I get emails every day to cruise with X or Princess or NCL with free drinks. I think 3 hours an evening, when most of the time is spent eating dinner is a heck of a lot cheaper for RCI than giving me free drinks all day all week.

Then these people post their opinions and viola we are supposed to freak out?:eek:

Get over yourselves unless you are on the board of directors your spewing means pretty much squat.

I, also, love the specificity. It is all mapped out. Here is exactly how it is going to work. I just laugh. It may happen or the moon may be full of cheese and will land in Antigua for a giant cheese festival.... each are about as likely to happen.

You people worry about the wrong crap way way too much.

JMHO and YMMV

JC

I love it when the J.C. I came to know a long time ago shows up.:)

Debate answer -- I have never seen anyone -- children or others -- turned away from a lounge because of wearing shorts. But what a scene that would cause!

Thanks for the honest answer. Debate is good

See, that's exactly why there should be a Suite Lounge. Suite guests often travel with family (kids) and from what I have seen, treat a cruise more like a vacation/holiday, a getaway from the grind, the uniforms, the suit and ties. I wore shorts into CL on EN and you should have seen the gasps and eyes. You could actually hear one or two couples talking loudly about it. If D+ would learn to just chill and not worry about others, it would be much better. This is just a couple reasons Suite Guests would like their own Lounge.

Suite Guest tend to be younger than most D+, but not all. Now I'm old fart but the boss is still young(er).

Thanks for the honest answer. Debate is good

See, that's exactly why there should be a Suite Lounge. Suite guests often travel with family (kids) and from what I have seen, treat a cruise more like a vacation/holiday, a getaway from the grind, the uniforms, the suit and ties. I wore shorts into CL on EN and you should have seen the gasps and eyes. You could actually hear one or two couples talking loudly about it. If D+ would learn to just chill and not worry about others, it would be much better. This is just a couple reasons Suite Guests would like their own Lounge.

Suite Guest tend to be younger than most D+, but not all. Now I'm old fart but the boss is still young(er).

Maybe it should vary ship to ship like it does now. My experience: if the CL became a SL only, on Grandeur there would be very few people in that lounge and the DL would always be over crowded. Same with Anthem - if P and D+ couldn't go to the current very large deck 12 lounge the deck 4 very small lounge would never hold all the folks trying to get in for happy hour. But whatever -- RCI will do whatever it pleases. I do like the 3 free drinks on the sea pass card, especially when we are traveling with folks who are not diamond. Katherine

Maybe it should vary ship to ship like it does now. My experience: if the CL became a SL only, on Grandeur there would be very few people in that lounge and the DL would always be over crowded. Same with Anthem - if P and D+ couldn't go to the current very large deck 12 lounge the deck 4 very small lounge would never hold all the folks trying to get in for happy hour. But whatever -- RCI will do whatever it pleases. I do like the 3 free drinks on the sea pass card, especially when we are traveling with folks who are not diamond. Katherine

Good perspective.

I just think some (not all) D+ might be a little too judgmental and want to keep to old traditions. Some seldom dress up a home and want everyone to dress up.

Good pleasant debate. Thank you.

it's difficult to design a program or a venue for a worst case scenario.

Good perspective.

I just think some (not all) D+ might be a little too judgmental and want to keep to old traditions. Some seldom dress up a home and want everyone to dress up.

Good pleasant debate. Thank you.

I hope I am part of the "pleasant debate!"

As an old lady - hence my screen name - changed it a few years ago when my grandkids noticed I waited for them each night in Dazzles and used my vouchers there, I truly hope I have changed with the times. I love kids - my grandkids are young - and I have never been opposed to them in any lounge. Same thing for dress - although I must admit I don't mind shorts in the MDR, but I do object to sweaty workout clothes for dinner.

My original comments on this thread, whether understood or not, is that I do think there should be level or levels between diamond plus and pinnacle.

I earned diamond plus over 25 years plus, and went up and down with C&A changes. I doubt if I will make pinnacle. I have enjoyed DL and CL benefits, and was sad to lose them on the Oasis class. It's not the end of the earth, but have found the diamond lounge is definitely getting more crowded - something has to give!

I often cruise solo and appreciate meeting/seeing the same people each evening. This just doesn't happen when using the vouchers, unless it's prearranged or with family (hence my title).

Forgetting the lounges, it would be nice to see another level added. I realize some extras at 350 points, but perhaps more could be added. Free spa treatment, dinner in a specialty restaurant, discount on shore excursion - just something to acknowledge the ongoing loyalty.

Feel like I have made new friends ( and probably enemies) on this particular thread.

By the way, are you in Milwaukee?!!!

Nobody likes it when RCCL takes away a perk that you just had, I found it annoying that right after we started cruising in suites they stopped mailing our luggage tags. Some CL like Brilliance are large and have room for both diamond plus and suite people, others like Navigator can be so crowded that suite people might not get a seat. I see both sides will be diamond plus at end of this year. Also some people seem to spend hours in the suite every night. Even though I am diamond and book suite we also get drink package and rarely spend more than a hour there

After reading all these posts I just want to say, we are Diamond Plus on way to Pinnacle in next few years & have many diamond, diamond plus & Pinnacle cruising friends. We enjoy their company in the lounges. Nothing against Suite people as long as they know how to act in Lounges. Just recently in a concierge lounge in the evening we had a suite guest with her two little girls who thought it was her kid's playroom, she was actually playing hide-n-seek running around with her kids, loud voices trying to find them, concierge said absolutely nothing to her.

I hope I am part of the "pleasant debate!"

By the way, are you in Milwaukee?!!!

I'm old too and a grandad too, Sure you are part of he good debate.

I had no problem with Bob's suggestion. Make DL the DPlus lounge and relegate the Diamonds to vouchers. We are Diamond and I would be in favor of this (2019 for D+).

No, not from Milwaukee. From Florida. Within 1-4 hours from 5 ports in Florida. Milwaukee Eight is the new motor Harley Davidson came out with this year. It is a 107ci motor and replaces the Twin Cam which was released in 1999 and has had several upgrades from TC88 to TC103/TCSE110.

I still think Royal should reward loyalty by $ spent with Royal, onboard and off ship.

After reading all these posts I just want to say, we are Diamond Plus on way to Pinnacle in next few years & have many diamond, diamond plus & Pinnacle cruising friends. We enjoy their company in the lounges. Nothing against Suite people as long as they know how to act in Lounges. Just recently in a concierge lounge in the evening we had a suite guest with her two little girls who thought it was her kid's playroom, she was actually playing hide-n-seek running around with her kids, loud voices trying to find them, concierge said absolutely nothing to her.

Debate only...

There we go..... this attitude is just the reason to relegate D+ to DL and make CL the SL. Royal needs suite guest as they and the $ they contribute. Typically they are younger cruisers and not looking for the experience you are likely looking for.

Debate only...

There we go..... this attitude is just the reason to relegate D+ to DL and make CL the SL. Royal needs suite guest as they and the $ they contribute. Typically they are younger cruisers and not looking for the experience you are likely looking for.

No attitude here just old fashion common sense. Lounges are not playgrounds.

We have no kids but have no problem with well behaved kids and believe parents should ensure they behave and don't run around the lounge on a night time.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

I'm old too and a grandad too, Sure you are part of he good debate.

I had no problem with Bob's suggestion. Make DL the DPlus lounge and relegate the Diamonds to vouchers. We are Diamond and I would be in favor of this (2019 for D+).

No, not from Milwaukee. From Florida. Within 1-4 hours from 5 ports in Florida. Milwaukee Eight is the new motor Harley Davidson came out with this year. It is a 107ci motor and replaces the Twin Cam which was released in 1999 and has had several upgrades from TC88 to TC103/TCSE110.

I still think Royal should reward loyalty by $ spent with Royal, onboard and off ship.

Pretty much agree! Showing my age/general knowledge! Didn't know about the Harley!

You are fortunate to live close to ports. That's what been tough over the years - spend as much on airfare as cruises! Shouldn't complain though, my husband was a very, very frequent flyer and used a lot of miles. Now I am solo (he died 3 years ago), single cabins and air fares are a bigger consideration.

Nice talking with people on the boards. I try to be objective and helpful

Pretty much agree! Showing my age/general knowledge! Didn't know about the Harley!

You are fortunate to live close to ports. That's what been tough over the years - spend as much on airfare as cruises! Shouldn't complain though, my husband was a very, very frequent flyer and used a lot of miles. Now I am solo (he died 3 years ago), single cabins and air fares are a bigger consideration.

Troy married right to get his D status. Just like my wife did too. Doesn't mean it would be right to relegate Diamonds to vouchers only. Wouldn't it be odd to go on Celebrity as an RCI Diamond and be treated better there than on Royal Caribbean? But with earnings going so well, they might as well chop the reciprocity out to sister lines.

So sorry for your loss.

Yes, airfare is expensive. Flying RT to Barcelona for our Med trip is about as much as cruise fare.