Symphony of the Seas New Things?

I'm really looking forward to my cruise on the Symphony in March, 2019, but am slightly bummed that they resurrected Hairspray. We saw it on the Oasis, and it was OK. Just one thing I won't have to make a reservation for. I am looking forward to Flight though.

cruiserke;53611119']According to this article and interview with Michael Bayley there are a few other changes to Symphony still to be announced.

Edited: The link doesn't seem to work here... Here is the relevant part of the article:

Thanks! I could never understand why in the world they took that Solarium pool away on Harmony. And I really couldn't say it was a pool it was more like a larger hot tub that really wasn't hot! It was always packed and I always think they need a larger pool in every area. Why in the world can't someone design a ship with a pool like they have on land? I assume it's because of the engineering and the real estate it takes up on the ship. I certainly wish they would set up pools wouldn't be so crowded.

Thanks! I could never understand why in the world they took that Solarium pool away on Harmony. And I really couldn't say it was a pool it was more like a larger hot tub that really wasn't hot! It was always packed and I always think they need a larger pool in every area. Why in the world can't someone design a ship with a pool like they have on land? I assume it's because of the engineering and the real estate it takes up on the ship. I certainly wish they would set up pools wouldn't be so crowded.

It is because of the weight the water adds high on the ship. For stability reason the top of the ship must be as light as possible compared to the lower decks. The structure of modern ships with a lot of high decks makes this challenging and they already build lower decks from steel and upper decks from aluminum.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It is because of the weight the water adds high on the ship. For stability reason the top of the ship must be as light as possible compared to the lower decks. The structure of modern ships with a lot of high decks makes this challenging and they already build lower decks from steel and upper decks from aluminum.

OH thanks! That's what I thought but I didn't know that they made the top decs from aluminum. Makes perfect sense.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
It’s a seafood restaurant... they have a sample menu in the planner for our sailing. We are going to try specialty restaurants only package, on Symphony, and I’m super excited about it! For our 7 day, it’s $204 per person.

I'm sailing in July and don't see this offered yet. When are you sailing?

We are really looking forward to the Sports Bar!

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Just seen Playmakers Menu -

Burgers $9

Sliders $3

12 Wings $8

24 Wings $12

50 Wings $25

Popcorn shrimp $7

Loadedpotato skins $6

And a list of TV fixtures - football (UK premier league games), ATP tennis, A League footie (australia), Bundesliga, and NRA Basketball.

Symphony construction video showing what appears to be a Solarium pool:

Not sure how jazzed I am about the clear wall in the front. That might be OK if you have the body of a college student, but no one wants to look at me underwater. ;)

Burgers $9

Sliders $3

12 Wings $8

24 Wings $12

50 Wings $25

Popcorn shrimp $7

Loadedpotato skins $6

And a list of TV fixtures - football (UK premier league games), ATP tennis, A League footie (australia), Bundesliga, and NRA Basketball.

Are you saying they won't be showing any American sports (NFL, college football, NBA, etc) whatsoever?

Are you saying they won't be showing any American sports (NFL, college football, NBA, etc) whatsoever?

The photo was of upcoming game times for thenext three days. There were 14 different ones listed. They had NBA Detroit Pistons v NY Knicks on 31st at 11pm....

Burgers $9

Sliders $3

12 Wings $8

24 Wings $12

50 Wings $25

Popcorn shrimp $7

Loadedpotato skins $6

We’re getting the Ultimate dining package. Wonder if we can use it there?

We’re getting the Ultimate dining package. Wonder if we can use it there?

In the past, the dining packages gave an allowance (like $35) at restaurants that were a la carte. We shall see if that is the on Symphony very soon.

That would be cool! We want to eat at playmakers Super Bowl night...

Don't be surprised if Royal does significant price gouging on Super Bowl night. All bets are off that night, just like they do on Christmas and New Year's Eve.

Burgers $9

Sliders $3

12 Wings $8

24 Wings $12

50 Wings $25

Popcorn shrimp $7

Loadedpotato skins $6

Really? I thought Playmakers was going to be the RCI equivalent of NCL's O'Sheehan's 24 hour free pub. Not so much? That surprised me.

Don't be surprised if Royal does significant price gouging on Super Bowl night. All bets are off that night, just like they do on Christmas and New Year's Eve.

Don't forget Valentines...I want to say Chops was $85/pp on Liberty this year 2/14.

There were no elevated prices that I saw on Liberty for the Super Bowl this year. And we were at a specialty restaurant that night. Really the only thing that I saw they did was play the game on the big screen by the pools.