"Worst Pizza" of the Seas

No it's not.............cruised Anthem with Sorrento's and it was a soggy disgusting mess.:eek: Worst pizza on the high seas!!

Oh I so agree. We've done quite a few Oasis and Quantum class cruises and haven't found anything better than grocery store frozen pizza. Princess cruise lines know how to do pizza, why can't Royal?

Sounds really good. I dislike that NY style soggy crust (can you call it crust?) that you have to fold to eat.

Impartial here, as I'm from South Louisiana. I have been to both Chicago and NY. There is NO WAY deep dish pizza compares to NY style. Soggy crust, don't know where you ate there Bob, but you have to eat Chicago pizza with a fork. I would eat NY style pizza everyday if I could. We ate at all the "tourist traps" in both places (CHI; Malnati's/Ginos East/Giordano's/Pizzano's/Grinders - NY; Grimaldis/ Totono's/ John's/Ray's, Lombardi's was too crowded everytime, and a couple more) NY by a mile !!! Don't get me wrong, the deep dish was good but it wasn't 'Pizza', it was more like an Italian 'entree'. With that being said, the pizza on RCI is on par with Little Caesars, maybe ? But to each his own. I enjoy your expertise on this site, keep it coming Bob !

:)

Any chance RC does something to improve this product? It is either inherently bad or the execution on ship fails miserably. Its one of the few foods available publicly very late at night... it would be nice if it was at least decent.

I love RCI pizza . It is a matter of taste,no pun intended

Impartial here, as I'm from South Louisiana. I have been to both Chicago and NY. There is NO WAY deep dish pizza compares to NY style. Soggy crust, don't know where you ate there Bob, but you have to eat Chicago pizza with a fork. I would eat NY style pizza everyday if I could. We ate at all the "tourist traps" in both places (CHI; Malnati's/Ginos East/Giordano's/Pizzano's/Grinders - NY; Grimaldis/ Totono's/ John's/Ray's, Lombardi's was too crowded everytime, and a couple more) NY by a mile !!! Don't get me wrong, the deep dish was good but it wasn't 'Pizza', it was more like an Italian 'entree'. With that being said, the pizza on RCI is on par with Little Caesars, maybe ? But to each his own. I enjoy your expertise on this site, keep it coming Bob !

:)

You're making the typical mistake of equating all pizza in Chicago with deep dish. I rarely eat deep dish, just too filling. I prefer the thin crust - the kind that is crisp and can be eaten without making it into a grilled cheese sandwich.

Good or bad pizza has no impact on my cruise...it's not why I'm onboard.

I don't even eat pizza on cruises, or hamburgers... there are so much other nice food (and with less calories!)

But this thread is entertaining. So much arguments about ... pizza. :)

My Italian father always said it was a SIN to eat Pizza folded.

Well, can't argue with that.

Now all we need is Ocean Boy to chime in, as I've heard his Italian mother also makes pretty good pizza.

I will be in Normal next month when Portillo's is supposed to open.:)

We're up in Naperville and have had Portillo's for a very long time. Great dogs, beef and sausage, The chopped salad is a favorite of many..and the Chocolate cake!

I would have to agree that Carnival does beat RCL here with their pizza, Im surprised about that. Although for a late night snack it gets the job done (but Carnival is better ;p) and Carnival has pizza 24/7, unlike RCL which closes around 2 or 3.

We're up in Naperville and have had Portillo's for a very long time. Great dogs, beef and sausage, The chopped salad is a favorite of many..and the Chocolate cake!

Believe it or not, we normally don't get to Portillo's unless we are visiting our daughter in the Tampa area.:eek:

Umm, Neapolitan pizza is nothing like Chicago. Don't get the comparison

Again, don't equate all Chicago pizza with deep dish. I've had excellent Pizza Margherita in Chicago.

Beg to differ. Pizza from Chicago is second only to that of Naples, Italy.

Not terribly impressed with Chicago pizza but then I'm a Jersey girl - parents Neapolitan and Calabrese - so it takes a lot to impress me regarding pizza. I've only ever had pizza on Carnival (because I couldn't find anything else to eat at the time). If that wasn't good, and it wasn't, I hate to think what RCI pizza is like. It always looked like cardboard and I've been amazed that so many people were eating it.