Oasis or Allure

We've been on both and definitely favor the Allure. If I had to tell you why, I wouldn't be able to pinpoint anything specific, but the feel on Allure was so much better for us. As a honeymoon cruise, all I can say is go for it. After 6 times of Allure, including our family 50th anniversary celebration on her, she's our favorite!

I am looking at booking one if these ships for our honeymoon cruise in 2018. I have heard mixed reviews about the Oasis. Can I get some feed back on these large ships. Thank you for your time cruise family.

The ships are almost identical. Besides the difference in the shows, Oasis has the Solarium Bistro and Allure has Samba Grill. Oasis sails from Port Canaveral, Allure sails from Port Everglades.

Port Everglades is 15 minutes from Ft. Lauderdale airport. Port Canaveral is 45+ minutes from Orlando Airport. The show Cats is on Oasis and Mama Mia is on Allure. Otherwise, they are both the same and they have same itineraries. We have only had great cruises on both ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We like both ships just fine. I much prefer Port Everglades over Port Canaveral. That was why we got on last cruise in on Oasis before the move. Allure is up next.

And... Mamma Mia is a fun show, CATS is not. I don't think it has anything to do with level of sophistication.

We have sailed both, when they left from FLL.

We favor Allure.

For us we noticed a difference of the "friendliness of the crew.

Seemed happier and eager to serve on the Allure.

Encountered some cranky workers on Oasis..............................................Just saying.

I am sure all travelers have their own take, this is just ours.

But as far as the ships go, no noticeable difference other than some shows.

Safe travels.

Was on Allure 5 years ago and Oasis twice this Summer. The few differences have already been mentioned. Had almost no negative experiences on Oasis on either cruise this Summer other than our balcony room was a bit on the warm side on one cruise.

Since you seem concerned about Oasis, maybe this will help.

Amazingly thorough review from June 4th - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2507498

Less amazing reviews (because I wrote them)...

June 4th - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2510694

July 9th - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2523340

Review from someone I met through CC and met up with for an excursion during the 7/9 cruise...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2522694

Personally, assuming prices are similar, I would let the ports of call and port of departure decide. Since I live an hour from Canaveral, I wouldn't really even consider Allure b/c I have no desire to drive all the way to Ft. Lauderdale.

I'm sure you'll have a great honeymoon either way! Mine was on Voyager 15 years ago. GL deciding.

I am looking at booking one if these ships for our honeymoon cruise in 2018. I have heard mixed reviews about the Oasis. Can I get some feed back on these large ships. Thank you for your time cruise family.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've done them both, love them both, start listing the differences and pick one, no lose situation! Off to read the replies.

Crews rotate and change periodically. Things change.

True. Except for one crewmember, we got overwhelmingly positive service and interaction with the crew on Oasis last month.

Also if you don't live near either port and don't have preference it is more fun to sail out of Ft Lauderdale. During busy season you'll see a "ships parade"

We like both ships just fine. I much prefer Port Everglades over Port Canaveral. That was why we got on last cruise in on Oasis before the move. Allure is up next.

And... Mamma Mia is a fun show, CATS is not. I don't think it has anything to do with level of sophistication.

Just something I read on here.:)

Bill

CATS is hard to get through if you are not a fan (over 2Hrs long and takes a long time to develop story). Most people leave at intermission, but they are missing the best part. Go during intermission and you will get great seats (no need for reservations) and you will also see the best parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's sort of like Ford or Chevy, Ginger or Maryann, Batman or Superman, Ali or Tyson, Betty or Veronica, Munsters or Adam's family, Creamy or crunchy peanut butter, Less filling or tastes great, George Jetson or Fred Flintstone well you get the idea. Everyone has different preferences for me I like Mama Mia over Cats but I would decide based on the ports and cost for airfare/taxi.