Cost Cutting on P and O?

Bridget31

When we cruised with P&O last time ....about 3 years ago....there was always bath robes provided in all grades of cabins on every cruise that we took with P&O...so just to clarify....are there no bathrobes provided in all cabin grades...and I mean just to use on the ship not to take away? If there are....no problem....just good to know for our up & coming cruise on Azura next month so that we can take our own.

When we cruised with P&O last time ....about 3 years ago....there was always bath robes provided in all grades of cabins on every cruise that we took with P&O...so just to clarify....are there no bathrobes provided in all cabin grades...and I mean just to use on the ship not to take away? If there are....no problem....just good to know for our up & coming cruise on Azura next month so that we can take our own.

I have never been provided with bath robes in anything but a superior balcony or mini suite. Ordinary balconies and below have not had them at least in the 12 years we have been cruising with P & O.

As somebody said previously, the slippers can be swapped for smaller or larger by the cabin steward if you ask. The large are not huge, don't know about the small. You can even take them home with you!!

The "bathrobes" provided were not the thick fluffy ones....just a thin white waffle type cotton but they served the purpose. We first cruised with P&O in 2010 ...inside cabin on the Oceana and they were provided. We cruised for another four years with P&O and the waffley type ones were always provided so never thought of taking our own but now we will...no problem.

After thinking hard, we may have had a mini suite, ie a glorified balcony room, on our 2015 Canaries trip. Any loaned robes have been the waffle kind, but our rather large, thick Hurtigruten robes will be put to good use on Aurora in December!

We aren't in a suite or a mini suite next time, but we are in a superior deluxe balcony cabin on Ventura. Do we get bathrobes? (Deck D - booked it an age ago, so can't remember its proper title now!)

No issue if we don't - towels wrapped around us on the balcony at sailaway to hide our dignity, is fine ;-)

Check with P and O, but it looks like the bath towel optionn

We've been cruising with P&O since 2005 and the only time we've had bathrobes has been in a suite or mini suite. Two years ago on Adonia in a balcony cabin there weren't any bathrobes. It's always been advertised as one of the perks you get in a suite or mini suite - don't know about superior deluxe balcony cabins or whatever they're called.

We aren't in a suite or a mini suite next time, but we are in a superior deluxe balcony cabin on Ventura. Do we get bathrobes? (Deck D - booked it an age ago, so can't remember its proper title now!)

No issue if we don't - towels wrapped around us on the balcony at sailaway to hide our dignity, is fine ;-)

Yes you should get bathrobes and slippers in superior deluxe on Ventura we did last time same as mini suites on other ships. You will also get champagne and chocs.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

We have cruised with P&O since 2009 and have never had bathrobes.

You get them in suites and the top levels of the Peninsular Club.

? Are you sure.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You did used to get them but it was many, many years ago in the days of sail away bands, streamers and much higher prices.

You can buy them as part of the little extras packages and they new and yours to take home. (Back in the bad old days they could be a bit washed out!)

Med level and above for the slippers, which are always far too big for my feet anyway.

Like me I am a size 4 and I think the slippers must have been about 9/10.

According to the New Scientist women with small feet are more attractive to the opposite sex. Just saying....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well, that must be why I have them queuing around the block, size 2! ;):D

I was on the Ventura twice 18 months ago in a superior balcony cabin and we had bath robes. They were also on sale but of a far lower quality than those provided in the cabin despite bearing the P&O logo.

We had bath robes when we went to the Canaries, possibly on Ventura, in 2014, we think. Oriana has none to buy. If we had known, as we sailed from Southampton, it would have been simple to pack our very posh robes from Hurtigruten, given to take away last time we sailed with them, admittedly in a suite as they have limited balconies! On Oriana we have a balcony cabin.

Oriana had bathrobes for purchase in June. There was a display by the guest services desk, advertising them

Are you allowed to take them home just s thought

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

not the bathrobes in your stateroom no if you want to take bathrobes home you will have to purchase them from either a shop or ask at reception.