Can separating the beds really cost $200 OBC?!

wendyam76

Hopefully not but with this new website who knows?! Backstory - I booked April 2018 Caribbean cruise on Reflection whilst on the Easter 2017 one and deferred the $200 OBC for booking onboard till the 2018 one. Everything fine when I got home, every invoice (up to version 4) shows the OBC and I even used it to book an Alcove and an excursion and had some credit left. After my July cruise and apologising to our stateroom attendant for him having to separate the beds (I always travel with my mum) he mentioned I could say on the website. I knew we couldn't before but when I checked I saw we could.

So I made that edit and only that and all of a sudden I'm getting emails asking for the cost of the Alcove/excursion as the booking has changed! New invoice (version 5) arrives with no OBC on it. I'm going to contact Celebrity about it but wondered if anybody else had encountered this?

Wendy

This has happened to me twice for my upcoming reservation when we made payments.. just called and they were able to look at previous invoices and reinstate.. unfortunately had to waste 1+ hrs on the phone to do so..seems like wait times have become ridiculous lately. I'm guessing all the website problems have led to many angry phone calls..

Seems like there are glitches in the system. If you look at another thread, someone signed in and use "Manage My Reservation" and got the pre-paid gratuities cancelled.

I wondered how I 'lost' my OBC! So signing into my reservation removed it. I had used it for excursions but received a request for payment because I had 'no' OBC. X agent advised she had added it back in but now I'm not so sure I won't have a 'request for payment' or a lost excursion when I board.

It's terrible that you have to keep printed copies of everything as proof, but that it what it is. I haven't been able to price cruises on the website all weekend as I keep getting error messages. Not a good way for Celebrity to grow business.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Let's see how many cruisers turn to TA's for booking. Besides letting THEM unscramble the messes, many can offer some very nice pricing. Maybe if enough large booking agents are gnashing their teeth over the web problems, they can add more pressure on Celebrity. It's not good for their business either.

This board is overrun with web site horror stories. One thread has 500 plus posts alone. I spent an hour last night trying to look at my reservation without success. Used 3 different portals, all failed. ( Chrome, Safari and I.E.)

Time for drastic action. The Board of Directors for X should terminate the CEO for failure to fire the CIO. Bring in an outside experienced tech firm to totally revamp the web site, hire a savvy social media CEO and have that person bring a world class IT professional on board.

If X can not resolve this huge problem in a timely manner my November cruise will be my first and last cruise on this line.

X is a mega international, publicly traded company. This issue is unacceptable. My local dive bar has a better web site.

Wow..hope these serious billing issues are added to the thread listing website problems. Appears things are really out of control.

We are post final payment for our Oct cruise. Hoping our e docs come via e mail so we do not have to open our cruise planner lest we inadvertently mess things up...we can order luggage tags by phone.

On the next cruise after that for Jan 2018, ...we managed to get our excursions ordered and paid for by credit card... have not been able to making specialty dining res yet but hoping things get sorted out before we have to go back to the cruise planner page,

Hopefully not but with this new website who knows?! Backstory - I booked April 2018 Caribbean cruise on Reflection whilst on the Easter 2017 one and deferred the $200 OBC for booking onboard till the 2018 one. Everything fine when I got home, every invoice (up to version 4) shows the OBC and I even used it to book an Alcove and an excursion and had some credit left. After my July cruise and apologising to our stateroom attendant for him having to separate the beds (I always travel with my mum) he mentioned I could say on the website. I knew we couldn't before but when I checked I saw we could.

So I made that edit and only that and all of a sudden I'm getting emails asking for the cost of the Alcove/excursion as the booking has changed! New invoice (version 5) arrives with no OBC on it. I'm going to contact Celebrity about it but wondered if anybody else had encountered this?

Wendy

I made the mistake of updating passenger info on the website (at the urging of the website via a message on my screen) and the $200 OBC we had gotten for booking onboard evaporated from our reservation. I called Celebrity and the first person I spoke with referred me back to my travel agent. She wasn't available so I called Celebrity again. This time a very nice woman looked into what happened and was able to add $200 OBC into the reservation. She told me that she couldn't restore it as onboard booking OBC but had to add it as "goodwill OBC". I don't care which code appears on the reservation so long as the OBC is there.

I'd suggest you call Celebrity captain's club and ask them to take care of this for you.

Website was unusable yesterday/ nothing worked. Today I can see my reservations, book dining & print express. Also checked pricing on a cruise we are considering-all with no problem.

It seems the X must do a lot of updates, fixes, on Saturday as that is when I have the most difficulty.

Do you suppose one day it might just work in favour ?...we are still to pay gratuities - sailing in 3 weeks so all paid up...just wondering if at some point when I log on I discover my gratuities are suddenly Pre-paid??😎..ever the optimist!

This board is overrun with web site horror stories. One thread has 500 plus posts alone. I spent an hour last night trying to look at my reservation without success. Used 3 different portals, all failed. ( Chrome, Safari and I.E.)

Time for drastic action. The Board of Directors for X should terminate the CEO for failure to fire the CIO. Bring in an outside experienced tech firm to totally revamp the web site, hire a savvy social media CEO and have that person bring a world class IT professional on board.

If X can not resolve this huge problem in a timely manner my November cruise will be my first and last cruise on this line.

X is a mega international, publicly traded company. This issue is unacceptable. My local dive bar has a better web site.

I agree with you. This has been going on for about a year....my personal issue since February when they were already "aware of the problem". Failure to address it is inexcusable. If all the other cruise lines can get their websites to function, Celebrity should as well. We finally became elite and I was so looking forward to our cruise. We've been on one X cruise where our tablemates could get no onboard excursions as all were sold out. We'd booked ours at home and had no problems. I cannot book any and have been trying since February. When the website says you have no reservation, it won't let you spend your money there. Management has to realize they are losing money and if they don't realize it, they are really incompetent.

I agree with you. This has been going on for about a year....my personal issue since February when they were already "aware of the problem". Failure to address it is inexcusable. If all the other cruise lines can get their websites to function, Celebrity should as well. We finally became elite and I was so looking forward to our cruise. We've been on one X cruise where our tablemates could get no onboard excursions as all were sold out. We'd booked ours at home and had no problems. I cannot book any and have been trying since February. When the website says you have no reservation, it won't let you spend your money there. Management has to realize they are losing money and if they don't realize it, they are really incompetent.

This problem has been going a lot longer than a year. The IT situation of website prolems has at least a four year history, maybe longer. It presides the current CEO but it's her problem now.

J.

If you visit any other forums here, you will find that HAL, Carnival, and MSC are all belly achin' about the websites. EM