Upgrade to Neptune Suite - Is it Worth it?

blueboro

We are 3 couples booked in Signature Suites SZ and have been offered upgrade to a Neptune Suite (SA to SC category) on our 10-day European cruise for $349pp. Is this a good deal?

Sounds like a good deal to me, but you need to grab it quick as these deals go very fast (especially if you are trying to get three cabins). I assume you are getting three cabins?

I hope your are not sitting and reading posts but on the phone or emailing toute de suite.

It is a good deal IMO. A very good deal. Keep in mind the old expression - He who hesitates is lost ;). You are most likely not the only ones who got the offer.

I say go for it. That is a great deal and when you add up the amenities you will gain, like free laundry, coffeemaker, bigger room, upgraded breakfast in room, lounge use, etc...it is worth it. We have booked a Neptune in Europe next april and are excited to be pampered.

Only problem I see is once a Neptune Suite, you'll never settle for anything less.
I've seen lots of people say that, but it isn't true for us. Now that we are 4* and get the free laundry and priority boarding we are happy in anything with a balcony. We hardly ever used the Neptune Lounge or PG breakfast, and don't need the extra room space, so we prefer to cruise more often in lesser digs.

I've seen lots of people say that, but it isn't true for us. Now that we are 4* and get the free laundry and priority boarding we are happy in anything with a balcony. We hardly ever used the Neptune Lounge or PG breakfast, and don't need the extra room space, so we prefer to cruise more often in lesser digs.

Same here. We normally book Signature Suite guarantees which allow us the space we need at a much lower cost and then consider upgrading, if and when upsells are offered. Otherwise, we are quite content in our Signature Suite with the 4-star perks (5-star after our next cruise).

Absolutely go for it - don't waste time responding!! Our last four HAL cruises have been in Neptune Suites and we loved them. Definitely worth it - the concierges in the Neptune Lounge are very helpful and the extra space in the cabin is fabulous.

We are 3 couples booked in Signature Suites SZ and have been offered upgrade to a Neptune Suite (SA to SC category) on our 10-day European cruise for $349pp. Is this a good deal?
It's almost worth it just for the free laundry and dry cleaning! As soon as we board, we pull the first two days worth of clothes and send them out for pressing. The Neptune lounge is a nice perk as well. Fair warning, Neptunes are addictive.

It's almost worth it just for the free laundry and dry cleaning! As soon as we board, we pull the first two days worth of clothes and send them out for pressing. The Neptune lounge is a nice perk as well. Fair warning, Neptunes are addictive.
Can we rely on getting our clothing back in time for the first formal night on the second night if we get them to our steward the first night?

I hope your are not sitting and reading posts but on the phone or emailing toute de suite.

It is a good deal IMO. A very good deal. Keep in mind the old expression - He who hesitates is lost ;). You are most likely not the only ones who got the offer.

(bold is mine) One of my father's favorite expressions, and so true in this case.

Can we rely on getting our clothing back in time for the first formal night on the second night if we get them to our steward the first night?

Maybe, maybe not. They say 48 hour turnaround, but it's usually 24 hours, sometimes even less. We've left laundry on the bed before the morning cabin service and found it in the cabin when we returned after dinner. However, the first day could be slower because of the immense amount of laundry required between cruises. Bathrobes usually don't show up until some time on the second day, which I believe is because they're all in the wash on the first day. I don't know if passenger laundry jumps the queue.

If you're asking about dry cleaning, I have no idea. We haven't used that service.

We're among the first to board. We unpack and fill out the form you'll find in a basket with a couple of laundry bags in a closet. We leave it inside the cabin by the door on the clothes hooks on the wall. You'll usually find your steward relatively close to your suite, and let him know it's there. I've never had "press-only" fail to come back beyond the next morning, and often that same evening. We've been doing it this way for several cruises without incident.

We're among the first to board. We unpack and fill out the form you'll find in a basket with a couple of laundry bags in a closet. We leave it inside the cabin by the door on the clothes hooks on the wall. You'll usually find your steward relatively close to your suite, and let him know it's there. I've never had "press-only" fail to come back beyond the next morning, and often that same evening. We've been doing it this way for several cruises without incident.
Thanks. We'll be hinging our hope on this. :)

Maybe. We were on both the Amsterdam and Zuiderdam recently. Amsterdam was always a one day turnaround. Zuiderdam was always two days.

If you need something back by a certain time, be sure to speak personally with your steward and/or the NL concierge so they will be aware.