Upgrades

Many years ago we received an upgrade from an OV to a Balcony for free at the Pier on our first cruise with Celebrity. This was before Celebrity was owned by Royal. We are now Diamond Plus on Royal and have never received an upgrade offer paid or free.

Maybe, but rarely sailed Celebrity. Lot upselling now. Big difference now with Royal, Celebrity, and other cruise lines now they all sail almost always full, or almost. In the past, 15-30 yrs ago lot of times ships back then were not. Had lot of empty cabins even at boarding/sailing time.

As a solo D+, no way. As a D+ couple, not really either.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Totally agree...that is why we don't book GS and above any longer. We stick to JS cabins for the extra room,

which is more than adequate for us.

On our last Serenade cruise all the JS cabins were sold out at the time I booked, but was able to snag a nice

hump balcony D1. Then a week before we sailed...went in to print luggage tags...and oops...number changed.

Upgraded to JS...our first and only comp freebie gift from the true upgrade fairy.

No "Free Upgrades" for us. We have been called before each of our cruises over the last two years by the "Upsell Fairy". We've never taken the offer.

Got a call Thursday to upgrade from a balcony to a JS on my 7 day Allure cruise. Royal wanted $385 total. Good price.....but I wanted to stay on deck 7.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

God I hope this happens to us.

I hope you get lucky also, but in our case we have never received a call from the upsell fairy, and only one upgrade

(total surprise and unexpected) from upgrade fairy.

Sending you hopes of fairy visits! :)

It was about two years ago that we got a call from Royal and asked if we would be interested in "paid upgrades" in the future.

We told them "sure".....

I believe we've been called before each cruise since then and have never taken the offer.

On most of those cruises (except Harmony) we had a corner aft and it would take a miracle offer to pull my DW out of that cabin. We just love corner afts too much.[emoji3]

I hope you get lucky also, but in our case we have never received a call from the upsell fairy, and only one upgrade

(total surprise and unexpected) from upgrade fairy.

Sending you hopes of fairy visits! :)

We booked a GTD interior for our oasis sailing in a few weeks and got the largest category interior so that is okay for us but holy heck if they said $385 for JS there wouldn't even be a phone call to the hubby to verify it was okay lol. we would LOVE all that extra space with our 3 year old!

It was about two years ago that we got a call from Royal and asked if we would be interested in "paid upgrades" in the future.

We told them "sure".....

I believe we've been called before each cruise since then and have never taken the offer.

On most of those cruises (except Harmony) we had a corner aft and it would take a miracle offer to pull my DW out of that cabin. We just love corner afts too much.[emoji3]

hmm, I wonder if I can call them and ask to be put on that list...We aren't too picky on the cabin location. We usually book GTD if it is a lot less then picking a cabin and haven't really had a problem. This sailing we were originally assigned a cabin on deck 3 on the oasis and an very nice person on here said we could call and move rooms as long as it was the same category. We didn't know you could move it for GTD rooms, just thought you got what you got! They moved us to deck 8, MUCH better with a 3 year old to not be under the disco lol

hmm, I wonder if I can call them and ask to be put on that list...We aren't too picky on the cabin location. We usually book GTD if it is a lot less then picking a cabin and haven't really had a problem. This sailing we were originally assigned a cabin on deck 3 on the oasis and an very nice person on here said we could call and move rooms as long as it was the same category. We didn't know you could move it for GTD rooms, just thought you got what you got! They moved us to deck 8, MUCH better with a 3 year old to not be under the disco lol

We have waitlisted for a JS and GS. In both cases, both opened up after final payment. Wasn't an upgrade so to speak. It was for a cabin we wanted and were willing to pay for. For example, on our 11 night Serenade cruise, when we booked some 18 months out, no JS or GS available (cabin hogs). I found a JS available about six months out. After Final Payment, a bunch of GS opened (I think like 5). Example of Suite Hogs.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I booked a junior suite guarantee and leave on Harmony this coming weekend. Still have not been assigned a cabin. I would pay for an upgrade if they offered. Keeping my fingers crossed but I know the likelihood of being assigned a JS is 99%.

Yes, free upgrades DO exist. We have gotten five free upgrades over about 6 years. Our first, we were notified by our TA about 2 weeks before the cruise. All others at check in or on a back to back. Last one was from D balcony to JS on HOTS last Dec.

Has anybody from the UK had an upsell?

I'm in the UK but my upgrade was not an upsell as it was free

I think it all depends on how the suites sell if there are suites unsold for the cruise the more likely it is to get the upgrade.

No still waiting

30 minutes ago I checked my e-mail....And there was one from our TA to say we had been upgrade on our cruise leaving next Tuesday! Never happened before to us, can't believe it! We are from Scotland and booked with a local TA :hearteyes:

30 minutes ago I checked my e-mail....And there was one from our TA to say we had been upgrade on our cruise leaving next Tuesday! Never happened before to us, can't believe it! We are from Scotland and booked with a local TA [emoji813]eyes:

There hope yet we booked direct with rccl

Sent from my SM-T713 using Forums mobile app

Has anybody from the UK had an upsell?

We have never had an upsell, I did call once and asked about an upsell about four weeks before sail date but was told that option was not available in U.K. So would have to cancel and rebook so would have lost too much money.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We received a surprise upgrade on our Oasis cruise a few years ago. We didn't know we had been upgraded until the night before our cruise, I noticed our cabin # changed. I freaked out because I had no idea this had happened. I called and that's when I was told we were upgraded from a balcony cabin to a junior suite. That was a nice surprise! First and only upgrade and we have never been offered an upsell either.