Deployment 2019-20 booking season begins

Do you get OBC when you book from home or is that just for when you book on board?
Well since you can get 100 OBC for a balcony booked online and Next Cruise adds on 100 OBC to normal onboard OBC, you're still coming out ahead if booking onboard. But depending on your situation, change fees may be problematic, no matter where you choose to book.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

RCI have continued booking Vision up to April of 2020 from NOLA. They just added calls every other week to Cayman Ports and they have the ship arriving at Key West every other week from NOLA and then going to Nassau.

Vision is booked for both summer of 2018 and 2019 in the MED.

Brilliance and Rhapsody bookings out of Tampa are also booked at all ports until April of 2020.

Empress was booked until April of 2020 and has been removed months ago.

RCI have continued booking Vision up to April of 2020 from NOLA. They just added calls every other week to Cayman Ports and they have the ship arriving at Key West every other week from NOLA and then going to Nassau.

Brilliance and Rhapsody bookings out of Tampa are also booked at all ports until April of 2020.

That could now be a placeholder.

And that can certainly change

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Vision was not booked at Cayman ports until this week. They can always do anything they want, of course. I have not seen RCI use place holders that much actually. Occasionally they will do that.

They could have made those bookings with the best intentions of deploying a ship to those ports and then somebody in Miami could’ve woken up one morning and decided to make all these changes. Lol (wouldn’t be the first time)

Port bookings at Riviera ports do now show a booking for a ship called the TUI Discovery3 with 2680 passengers for May of 2018. This could be Enchantment it might seem.

This ship had showed up at Gibraltar port last April listed with 2100 passengers and I had thought it was most likely one of the old Celebrity ships, Galaxy or Mercury. RCI had moved Century to China with CTRIP.

These ships were both slated to be moved to Thomson

As the Splendour and Legend have been so successful for TUI on lease to Thomson Cruises, maybe it was just too tempting to transfer one of the Vision class. They offer what is called a wet lease from TUI and RCI crew the former Vision class ships by providing deck and engine crew.

I’m on the March 2, 2019 sailing. It still shows in my cruises list. There were others after it when I booked it. I chose that one because it’s pre-Fat Tuesday weekend in NOLA.

I'm so glad this sailing wasn't canceled either as Doug and I are also booked on the March 2nd sailing as we wanted to experience Mardi Gras. I thought at first it was canceled. I've already had 2 cruises canceled in the last 2 weeks. :mad:

I'm so glad this sailing wasn't canceled either as Doug and I are also booked on the March 2nd sailing as we wanted to experience Mardi Gras. I thought at first it was canceled. I've already had 2 cruises canceled in the last 2 weeks. :mad:

Glad you’ll be on there!

Port bookings at Riviera ports do now show a booking for a ship called the TUI Discovery3 with 2680 passengers for May of 2018. This could be Enchantment it might seem.

This ship had showed up at Gibraltar port last April listed with 2100 passengers and I had thought it was most likely one of the old Celebrity ships, Galaxy or Mercury. RCI had moved Century to China with CTRIP.

These ships were both slated to be moved to Thomson

As the Splendour and Legend have been so successful for TUI on lease to Thomson Cruises, maybe it was just too tempting to transfer one of the Vision class. They offer what is called a wet lease from TUI and RCI crew the former Vision class ships by providing deck and engine crew.

Tui are changing the cruise brand name to Marella Cruises

Ships will be called Marella Discovery 1 & 2, Marella Dream and so on.

It would seem this decision was made around the time they moved Enchantment sailings to Galveston. They had already used the name Discovery3 when they scheduled the ship to enter the MED back in April of 2017.

TUI UK has re-branded their cruise division to Marella Cruises. They have a ship named the Marella Explorer that is now the TUI Mein Schiff 1. That is the former Celebrity Galaxy. That ship is scheduled from May 2018 for sailings that are already open for bookings. The ship is home ported in Palma de Mallorca.

Those port bookings are now booked as the TUI Discovery3. Discovery1 and Discovery2 are the Splendour and Legend. The ship TUI Discovery3 is booked into ports with more passengers than the other 2 ships and would indicate that it is the Enchantment of the Seas most likely.

RCI is the 50% owner of TUI Cruises which is now the owner of Marella Cruises and RCI is responsible for all maintenance and deck and engine operations for all these ships.

It would seem that they might transfer the former Celebrity ships to CTrip in China which is a joint venture with RCI.

I took the plunge with an onboard booking. If the stars align, I will trade it in within 30 days for a longer (10+) new release cruise. Unfortunately I learned yet another new policy...as a solo booking I was not permitted a solo deposit and was required to pay a deposit equivalent to 2 persons.

I took the plunge with an onboard booking. If the stars align, I will trade it in within 30 days for a longer (10+) new release cruise. Unfortunately I learned yet another new policy...as a solo booking I was not permitted a solo deposit and was required to pay a deposit equivalent to 2 persons.

Seriously? Ugh that is so disappointing to learn as I was going to book during my upcoming cruise.

Just got the same email regarding our July 2018 cruise. This is our first cruise. Is this something that happens a lot? Mind you we were in JS aft 7666 returning on Friday the 13th so maybe for the best LoL. We book a cruise on Carnival whihc is leaving the same date but gone one extra day, No plane ticket issues because we were going to drive to Galveston . But still super annoying. Then I called trying to get a refund and the people were clueless like they didnt know the cruise was cancelled so I gave up and will call them tomorrow an

Further to my comments about unimaginative sailings from Galveston it seems we're going to lose Enchantment's 9nt sailing next year, in fact perhaps lose Enchantment herself there !

Received the following this morning:

Dear Guest,

We are reaching out to let you know that, regrettably, we have to cancel your Enchantment of the Seas sailing due to ship repositioning plans. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this causes.

Please know we explored all options before making the decision. In an effort to appropriately compensate you for this change, we are offering the following:

Re-book any other Royal Caribbean Sailing

- Please note that some sailings will not be available to book until Tuesday, November 21

- Re-book any other Royal Caribbean ship and sail date

- Receive a credit to spend onboard per stateroom:

o $100 for Interior, Ocean View and Balcony staterooms | $200 for Suites

o Plus an additional $50 for each third or more guest to spend onboard

- Reimbursement of non-refundable airline charges with receipts (up to $200 per guest for Domestic flights and up to $300 per guest for International flights)

If you’d like to cancel your cruise without re-booking, you will receive a full refund of your cruise, including any non-refundable deposit. You will also receive reimbursement for any airline charges, up to $200 for Domestic flights and up to $300 for International flights. In addition, any pre-paid shore excursions will be refunded to the original form of payment.

Due to system maintenance caused by these ship repositionings, your booking, along with other select sailings, will be unavailable to access until November 21. After this date, we will personally call you to ensure we reach the best possible solution for you. In the meantime, if you have questions or concerns, please reach out to us at 866-506-7245.

Thank you for understanding.

Sincerely,

Just stated on local Orlando news passenger traffic up again this year in Port Canaveral and it should be even greater with the addition of two of the new massive RCCL ships to be home ported here in Port Canaveral in 2019. Although they did not state which ships, it certainly will be interesting to find out.