Rci app

2 minutes ago, Piperandleroy said:

Thank you, how close to cruise does it have to be to work pre-cruise?

You can use it months in advance to look at the daily planner and menus.  Keep in mind that some info may change considering it's so far out.

3 minutes ago, soremekun said:

You can use it months in advance to look at the daily planner and menus.  Keep in mind that some info may change considering it's so far out.

There does seem to be some limit.  I just tried to access a cruise on Adventure in Feb  and was told to check back closer to departure.

2 minutes ago, Bee Guy said:

There does seem to be some limit.  I just tried to access a cruise on Adventure in Feb  and was told to check back closer to departure.

At the "Select your sailing" screen, go to "Get more details on ships we support"

Select your ship.  From there, you can go several months in the future.  February may not be available yet.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, soremekun said:

At the "Select your sailing" screen, go to "Get more details on ships we support"

Select your ship.  From there, you can go several months in the future.  February may not be available yet.

Thanks!  Goes out to Dec 7 on Adventure.

5 minutes ago, Bee Guy said:

Any ideas about when it be available on Radiance and/or Freedom?

The schedule is unpublished however, the CEO said the following during a recent quarterly earnings call.

From an unofficial blog site:

Many guests have been wondering when will a certain ship in Royal Caribbean's fleet gain support for the cruise line's new smart phone app.

Mr. Fain provided a brief update on the project rollout at the start of the call. "I'm particularly excited this is already been so broadly deployed that 60% of our guests can get it available. And, towards the end of the year it will be virtually all our guests. And the ratings that it's getting in the Apple App Store are 4.7."

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, soremekun said:

I think they should make it available to all ships now but gradually roll out the features on a ship by ship basis.

That would be nice.  However, I assume they have to load software on each ship and for whatever reason that seems to be taking a long time.  I wonder if there is also hardware involved and therefore they have to arrange for third-party contractors to be onboard for a while.

18 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

That would be nice.  However, I assume they have to load software on each ship and for whatever reason that seems to be taking a long time.  I wonder if there is also hardware involved and therefore they have to arrange for third-party contractors to be onboard for a while.

This could be the case but I'm in IT and work for a school district (yes, very different!).  I have tighter budgets and deadlines and still get stuff done.  But major factors are the project manager and expectations/deadlines/goals s/he set early on.  And I'm aware, they obviously have more insight than I do.  But even two teams of two people (one US team and another team abroad) can setup servers, make configurations, and test (during a weeklong cruise) to bring ships online faster than the current rollout. 

Edited by soremekun

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Wondering Why Oasis has some of the fewest features.  

Could it be that they are waiting until her drydock for some reason?

I'm thinking they need to install something physical (server?) for the new capabilities.

Just now, Biker19 said:

They seem to concentrate on rolling out the app to new ships instead of adding features.

Maybe.  It just seemed odd that 2/3 of the ships had all the features (excluding chat) and Oasis was in the bottom third missing features.  Seems odd for one of their flagships.