Rci app

8 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

The chat feature just showed up on the app for Independence of the Seas

Are you in Indy and can confirm the chat feature is working?

2 minutes ago, soremekun said:

It's not showing up yet for Android.

Maybe it is messing with me. I logged in to check my cruise next week, and had to click through a new terms and conditions, and there it was. 

Just opened the app again, and now it is gone.  Must be typical IT

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, soremekun said:

None yet.  I'll keep checking though.  Sometimes a new ship will appear within a week of an update. 

Do they ever indicate which ships have functional texting?

32 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Nope.  Their wording is:

"Here is a list of features, which vary from ship to ship, as we move toward coverage across the entire fleet."

And the chat feature is currently not listed.

Edited by soremekun

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2019 at 7:19 PM, Host Clarea said:

Our Allure cruise in October is showing the chat feature with the app on my iPhone.  In the upper right corner is a message symbol with 3 dots in it.   Clicking on it opens a screen that says "Stay connected during your cruise.  You can chat with linked guests while viewing your current reservation and connected to ship Wi-Fi".

17 minutes ago, teaysvalley said:

Our Allure cruise in October is showing the chat feature with the app on my iPhone.  In the upper right corner is a message symbol with 3 dots in it.   Clicking on it opens a screen that says "Stay connected during your cruise.  You can chat with linked guests while viewing your current reservation and connected to ship Wi-Fi".

Seems to be an encouraging sign.

I think the .1 or .2 update was to fix menu display issues. 

I did one app update while onboard, and suddenly all the dining venues showed as closed, and menus would not display

7A001094-CD79-4184-B0AA-E4EF17931A72.thumb.png.7d1c9232ff77e7ca83b185412853978c.png

The next update fixed it.  My wife had not updated her app, and it didn’t have that issue. 

13 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

No issues displaying the menus on the.1 version in iOS. Still no .2 update yet. 

Maybe it was an issue with how the info gets populated in the app while onboard.  It displayed differently on my wife’s IOS than on mine, and we have identical phones.   It was listing many venues as closed on mine, but displaying properly on hers. 

In any event, it displays properly now, so some sort of fix must have been pushed through 

maybe I spoke too soon

mine

41D28598-7AD0-4A18-B3A6-3D97451D6F27.thumb.png.a79683900b44418869630ddbc7a1c2bf.png

Hers

9C2C6694-3747-4F99-B48A-BB33C98C4608.thumb.png.b6b8011cf904b958c1131d707104bd27.png

Maybe they just closed them for me because I have been eating too much😁

Edited by h20skibum

Why can no one on their IT team do anything right?  I have no 3 dot info anywhere on any page!  No Connect with linked passengers  anywhere and in fact, clicking on Deck Plans, the staterooms aren't even shown!  This is for Symphony Sept 7 sailing.  Communicating with our linked friends would be great.....if it works.

• 2 weeks later...