HOW SMALL ARE THE SHOWERS (Interior and Balcony Cabins) ON RUBY PRINCESS??

cortne

My question is simple, I hope - :D

I have heard that the showers on Ruby Princess (showers only not tub/shower combo) those are generally in the interior cabins and Balcony Cabins are very small (closet like). I am not looking for a spa but worried about the actual functionality of them and not having water everywhere.

Does anyone know the exact size of the showers on Ruby?? (height and width) Hubby is 6'4" and not overall petite.

From the pics I see they look like corners of the bathroom and really really small but this could be the pictures?.

Do all of them have curtains vs. door? I think they all have showers have curtains.

Are there issues of water and slippery floors water gushing out? Are extra towels given?? I am worried about 1) it being hard for our older family members - slip and fall aspect, and 2) plus size and/or tall people having a harder time.

Any thoughts? Suggestions or advise?

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

They are small!

Functional enough for me, as I am a small person. But, yes, very small.

I am glad that the showers are a bit bigger on the Regal, where we are considering our next cruise.

Lots of tips about using and securing the 'friendly' shower curtain....

You can bring clips or magnetic clips. to weigh the curtain down and hold in place.

Also have heard to wet the curtain down first, This should help with the dry curtain clinging and getting too friendly with your wet skin as you begin to shower!

They are 30" in length by 26" in width. Not sure about the height. Also, be aware that the corners are angled on the side that faces the rest of the bathroom so not quite as big as the measurements would imply. As far as the issue of water on the floor, there is an extra towel that is used as a bathmat.

Yes, they're small.

If "not petite" means very obese, it will be tight.

For older folks, there's a grab bar.

For anyone, if the shower is just too small, there are showers in the spa area. They are roomy, have glass doors (IIRC) and are open for anyone to use. It's a very nice area with lockers for belongings. Sometimes there's a steward there to help you figure things out.

Shower curtains in all cabin bathrooms except for suites.

BTW: if you need extra towels, just ask the steward. If they're available, he/she will provide them.

The showers are tight but doable. I have only had interior cabins. I am plus size and can fit and shower just fine but shaving my legs means being creative. My DH is 6'2" and does not have small frame (not overly large though). He also reports that its tight but doable. We just laugh about it but neither of us has felt it was so bad that we weren't clean afterwards. It adds to the novelty I guess. :)

They are small!

Functional enough for me, as I am a small person. But, yes, very small.

I am glad that the showers are a bit bigger on the Regal, where we are considering our next cruise.

Lots of tips about using and securing the 'friendly' shower curtain....

You can bring clips or magnetic clips. to weigh the curtain down and hold in place.

Also have heard to wet the curtain down first, This should help with the dry curtain clinging and getting too friendly with your wet skin as you begin to shower!

What are some of the tips? Do you just attach the clips to the bottom of the curtain to give it some weight?

What are some of the tips? Do you just attach the clips to the bottom of the curtain to give it some weight?

I use very large binder clips to weigh the curtains down. This also assists in keeping the curtains inside the "retaining 3 inch" base. Water the shower walls and "stick" the shower curtain to the wall at each end. Worse case scenario....place a rolled up towel next to the shower.

I use very large binder clips to weigh the curtains down. This also assists in keeping the curtains inside the "retaining 3 inch" base. Water the shower walls and "stick" the shower curtain to the wall at each end. Worse case scenario....place a rolled up towel next to the shower.

Binder clips!!! Great idea! Thank you. Love this board to learn tips like these.

Hopefully going on the Ruby this fall. Do the showers have any place to rest your foot to shave your legs? Does the shower have the handheld type you can pull off the wall? Had a suite on our last Princess cruise and got spoiled. Thinking of doing an inside cabin this time for the affordability.

Binder clips!!! Great idea! Thank you. Love this board to learn tips like these.

I finally figured out on my own that the easiest way to help the shower curtain stay in place is to get the lower vertical edges of the curtain wet (I just grab a side about midway up from the bottom and hold it in the shower spray to get it nice and wet, then stick it to the inner shower wall next to the opening. Repeat the process with the other vertical edge). It usually stays in place for the duration of my shower, but if not, I just repeat the process.

No need for messing with buying and bringing binder clips unless you choose to.

Hopefully going on the Ruby this fall. Do the showers have any place to rest your foot to shave your legs? Does the shower have the handheld type you can pull off the wall? Had a suite on our last Princess cruise and got spoiled. Thinking of doing an inside cabin this time for the affordability.

No.

For balcony cat. or lower, including interior, no foot rest and no hand held. Mini suites and full suites have a tub shower combo. The newer Royal Class ships have these features.

My question is simple, I hope - :D

Are there issues of water and slippery floors water gushing out? Are extra towels given?? I am worried about 1) it being hard for our older family members - slip and fall aspect, and 2) plus size and/or tall people having a harder time.

Any thoughts? Suggestions or advise?

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

Does that make the shower bigger??:D

Tony

The OP asked the question!;)

The OP asked the question!;)

Thanks for the tip extra towel. They will help with any water spills. I hate not having a lot of towels. I know it is a splurge.

Thanks for the info it has been very helpful and non-judgmental for the most part which I enjoy thank you!

For balcony cat. or lower, including interior, no foot rest and no hand held. Mini suites and full suites have a tub shower combo. The newer Royal Class ships have these features.

Balcony and lower: with careful balance and positioning, it's possible to brush your teeth, "use the loo" and rinse your feet.

Minis do have a tub shower combo. The Vista and Penthouse suites we've been in each had a jetted tub plus a separate shower.

I finally figured out on my own that the easiest way to help the shower curtain stay in place is to get the lower vertical edges of the curtain wet (I just grab a side about midway up from the bottom and hold it in the shower spray to get it nice and wet, then stick it to the inner shower wall next to the opening. Repeat the process with the other vertical edge). It usually stays in place for the duration of my shower, but if not, I just repeat the process.

No need for messing with buying and bringing binder clips unless you choose to.

Thank you Flamomo! This sounds easier to do. Good tip!