Where is Liberty and How are Things On board?

I just checked for a parking update and found one for EZ Cruise parking. There is a video from less than an hour ago and they are saying their outdoor parking has flooding.

Hopefully this video link works:

Doesn't look great, please don't base their decision on my posts.

That link doesn't seem to work. Probably took it down.

This sort of makes my post about this a bit more real. Although, not a lot you can do about any of this, either your car is safe and dry or it is flooded and ruined. Sigh.... sorry for those onboard dealing with this.

JC

+1.

Biker, who thinks RCI's debarking the leftover passengers in Galveston on Friday is optimistic.

Totally agree.

That said, they want to be near there to port as soon as they can. I am skeptical of the next sailing happening on schedule. I can't wait to read those threads.:D;p

JC

That link doesn't seem to work. Probably took it down.

This sort of makes my post about this a bit more real. Although, not a lot you can do about any of this, either your car is safe and dry or it is flooded and ruined. Sigh.... sorry for those onboard dealing with this.

JC

I think it only works if you are logged into facebook first.

I hate FB, so I will take your word for it. I tried to get there from FB, but I failed.

JC

I get it, I just created an account a couple of months ago for the sole purpose of saving my candy crush progress so I could go from my old kindle to my new one. Priorities!:eek::cool:

I will try to find their website and see if the video is posted on that too. The guy does mention in his video that they moved cars in his lot from lower areas to higher areas to try to keep everything dry. He was speaking from inside his garage and they had pumps set up to keep things under control in there, if they could.

I would think the group riding back to Texas will have a very interesting cruise with some many gone. I know somebody posted they would be in poor spirits but I guess I am a glass half full guy. As long as you can work it out with work and family an extra 5 days of cruise for free is not so bad.

Anybody know how they handled drink packages ?

I know this is a Liberty thread but what happened with the 3 carnival ships? I know the 2 sat cruises stopped in New Orleans to resupply and let people off but are they just riding around in the gulf now?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I know this is a Liberty thread but what happened with the 3 carnival ships? I know the 2 sat cruises stopped in New Orleans to resupply and let people off but are they just riding around in the gulf now?

They are spending some more time in NOLA (I think Breeze overnighted and Valor en route today), otherwise in the Gulf and all heading to Galveston towards the end of the week with Liberty... Or not, of course!

I would think the group riding back to Texas will have a very interesting cruise with some many gone. I know somebody posted they would be in poor spirits but I guess I am a glass half full guy. As long as you can work it out with work and family an extra 5 days of cruise for free is not so bad.

Anybody know how they handled drink packages ?

Latest word is that the Carnival ships have turned around and are headed back to New Orleans where they will debark passengers.

Thank you for keeping us posted.

I can't imagine the what the comedians coming on board today are preparing for a show. I don't know? What do you think will it be a tough audience for them? LOL.

Oh well. I pulled the Port of Miami Dock report for today. it shows The Liberty of the Seas docking at 11:30Am leaving at 11:00PM.

My interest in the ship is that I am meeting a lady in the Liberty that ran out of meds and I am bringing her replacement meds.

Please keep posting, let us know where you are, when you dock, so I can start driving towards the port. Thank you.

Cheers.

That's very nice of you, things like this bring out the best of people as Texas is showing. Every Fall I take a 21+ day B2B2B2B cruise and always bring another months worth meds with me, just in case...

I just checked for a parking update and found one for EZ Cruise parking. There is a video from less than an hour ago and they are saying their outdoor parking has flooding.

Hopefully this video link works:

Doesn't look great, please don't base their decision on my posts.

Thank you.

The link does work. Basically it shows that if you used EZ Cruise Parking in Galveston, and you parked indoors, your car is ok, if you parked outside, it does not look good. It probably has water inside.

Cheers.

This is the response I just got to asking what the chances were that they would shift Liberty sailing for 9/3 to Miami instead.

@RoyalCaribbean: @RosieCRN Hi, As of now, Liberty will return to Galveston before her next sailing. No changes have been made to the next itinerary....

I don't know if this will help those parked in Galveston but i got this phone info this AM 11:30 east coast time from their pier parking cam hope it is of some help. Try this Number

Cruise Parking: If you would like to retrieve your vehicle or a family member’s vehicle please contact the Port of Galveston Police Department at 409-766-6169.

Safe travels and God Bless.

11:30 east coast time

Assessments are ongoing, but at this time Galveston is only seeing isolated incidents of water and wind damage. The City is not seeing significant street flooding outside of areas that are typically affected by high tide and rain. The City and its emergency teams are focused on assisting nearby communities on the mainland that have been severely impacted by flooding. On the island, city services have been restored and are operating as usual.

Transportation

The Galveston-Bolivar Ferry is running with limited services depending on weather. The city trolleys are also currently operating. Scholes International Airport has reopened.

Hotels

Galveston’s hotels are open and operating. A few hotels have received minimal water and/or wind damage but no major issues have been reported. Several hotel and lodging venues are offering discounts to visitors impacted by the storm.

Port of Galveston / Cruises

The Port of Galveston is closed to all marine traffic. It is expected to remain closed until the storm has passed and a port assessment has been completed. For cruise updates, click here.

• Royal Caribbean has diverted Liberty of the Seas to Miami after being unable to dock in Galveston due to the storm. Liberty of the Seas plans to return to Galveston on Friday, Sept. 1. Guests on Liberty of the Seas will have the option to disembark in Miami, if they desire. Details here.

How come we can always figure it out well before RCL can?

The Port Of Galveston being open [once it is] is the smallest part of the issue.

How do people getting off the Liberty get out of Houston and how do new passengers get to Galveston?

We always use the Sam Houston Tollway to get to Galveston [seen below under 18-20 feet of water]

Capture.JPG.ed61b9618ed3700ff5e354d43f900c34.JPG

Edited by tankerat
Additional comment added.

This is the response I just got to asking what the chances were that they would shift Liberty sailing for 9/3 to Miami instead.

@RoyalCaribbean: @RosieCRN Hi, As of now, Liberty will return to Galveston before her next sailing. No changes have been made to the next itinerary....

The Braves have not been eliminated from playoff consideration yet either.

Ummm, yeah, exactly what I was referring to. Thus the reason it was quoted ;)

My point being are they doing this in anticipation of the roads still being unpassable Friday in Galveston?

Galveston will be fine once the rain stops; it is everything north on the mainland that is critical