Availability of complimentary beverages

BopRN

We were on a Princess cruise for the first time last fall. One of the things we loved was the generous availability of iced tea, lemonade & water many places throughout the ship including on every deck by the pools. We are loyal Royal cruisers but have always thought Royal is pretty stingy when it comes to being able to find the same except in the Windjammer & cold water in the Cafe Promenade. Nothing ever around the pool or solarium. And who trapes into the Windjammer in your swimsuit to get a glass of something? It always seemed that they do that so you are forced to buy beverages. Has Royal loosened up on this? It has been a couple of years since we sailed Royal and hoping that might have changed.

We were on a Princess cruise for the first time last fall. One of the things we loved was the generous availability of iced tea, lemonade & water many places throughout the ship including on every deck by the pools. We are loyal Royal cruisers but have always thought Royal is pretty stingy when it comes to being able to find the same except in the Windjammer & cold water in the Cafe Promenade. Nothing ever around the pool or solarium. And who trapes into the Windjammer in your swimsuit to get a glass of something? It always seemed that they do that so you are forced to buy beverages. Has Royal loosened up on this? It has been a couple of years since we sailed Royal and hoping that might have changed.

Not loosened up. Other than water, it's tough to get iced tea and lemonade at other that food venues when they are open.

Only food serving locations have iced tea/punch/lemonade, however, all bars have iced water, including pool bars.

If you prefer something else suggest taking an insulated sports bottle/mug and filling and taking with you. I have also seen people add individual packs of mix (like crystal light) to water or those flavored drops. Easy to carry a few in your pool bag.

Cruising Princess and RCI I never saw a big difference in the matter of free drink provision along the line of ice water, ice tea and lemonade. IME they´ve been as easy / hard to come by on both lines.:confused:

I never had a drink package and I rarely get any pay for bar drinks. At the same time I never have a hard time to get some ice water. Maybe I´m just too easy to please:confused:

Other than water, it's tough to get iced tea and lemonade at other that food venues when they are open.

We thought the same thing last year on Freedom. After the Captain's Corner, held on the Promenade, we asked the F&B manager if we could have something other than water at Cafe Promenade. A few hours later, one of the water dispensers was replaced with lemonade. By the end of the cruise, water only returned.:rolleyes:

We thought the same thing last year on Freedom. After the Captain's Corner, held on the Promenade, we asked the F&B manager if we could have something other than water at Cafe Promenade. A few hours later, one of the water dispensers was replaced with lemonade. By the end of the cruise, water only returned.:rolleyes:

Same a similar thing at Cafe Promenade on Voyager, only with iced tea.

Monarch was the best ship for availability of free beverages other than water. They had iced tea and lemonade at Sorrento's whenever it was open.