The recurring tonic question! Anyone on Journey now?

gymfreak

9 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

easyjet does it too! Lol. Pay of course. 

Phil 

We have certain standards - Easyjet does not meet our minimum (Fevertree tonic or not). I bet they charge a bundle for a G&T (and for the p needed afterwards?:classic_rolleyes:)

2 hours ago, SteveH2508 said:

We have certain standards - Easyjet does not meet our minimum (Fevertree tonic or not). I bet they charge a bundle for a G&T (and for the p needed afterwards?:classic_rolleyes:)

For me easyjet is just fine for short haul and they fly from my local airport. I'll pay extra (ok) for an extra leg room seat which comes with priority boarding and the flight crew are friendly. A Grey Goose (Hendricks if you want) and Fevertree is £7. I buy two vodkas to save the wait. 😉   No charge for a pee. Time it right, no waiting either. 

I always fly business and first for longer flights, but I have no issues with easyjet shorthaul and they are reliable. 

Phil 

Edited by excitedofharpenden
  • Like 2

My Hendrick's gin and Fever Tree tonic served by the utterly marvellous Ruby in Prime C bar tonight. 

You will all be glad to know the hideous Royal tonic is no more! From now on it will be Schweppes, Canada Dry for the diet variety and a small stash of Fever Tree if they have it! 😄👏🍸

image.jpeg

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Lottie A said:

I was told it was...,by someone who should know! 

But they said that last year (someone who also should know) and it crept back 

12 minutes ago, Lottie A said:

I was told it was...,by someone who should know! 

I've been told this before a few times (by people who I think should know) and Royal Club or Seagrams keeps popping back up. I now manage my expectations. I'd love to be proved wrong, but fear it's inherent. 

Phil 

49 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I've been told this before a few times (by people who I think should know) and Royal Club or Seagrams keeps popping back up. I now manage my expectations. I'd love to be proved wrong, but fear it's inherent. 

Phil 

It will be interesting to see what they get the next time they take on supplies in Miami.

My guess would be the rubbish stuff will be back.

Edited by Bloodaxe
  • Like 1

On a personal note, I just finished my supply of FT Elderflower Tonic and tried a  Silent Pool with their Indian – not the same :classic_sad:  Good news: amazon carries it, and a case of FT Elderflower will arrive on Tuesday.  Now I have to figure out what to put in it when the Silent Pool runs out [haven't seen that in NY].

Well I was told that the protests about the abysmal Royal tonic on this forum and by passengers onboard had played their part in Azamara deciding to get rid of the Royal Club tonic. Apparently cases of the stuff were junked recently.  

Schweppes is pretty much world wide so they shouldn't have that much trouble in obtaining it in The States, but I do know that Fever Tree won't always be available for everyone. It is onboard Pursuit now though and that makes me very happy. 😄

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Lottie A said:

My Hendrick's gin and Fever Tree tonic served by the utterly marvellous Ruby in Prime C bar tonight. 

You will all be glad to know the hideous Royal tonic is no more! From now on it will be Schweppes, Canada Dry for the diet variety and a small stash of Fever Tree if they have it! 😄👏🍸

image.jpeg

Please tell the lovely Ruby to save a few bottles of the stash for Vicki in November 😉😉😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lottie A said:

Well I was told that the protests about the abysmal Royal tonic on this forum and by passengers onboard had played their part in Azamara deciding to get rid of the Royal Club tonic. Apparently cases of the stuff were junked recently.  

Schweppes is pretty much world wide so they shouldn't have that much trouble in obtaining it in The States, but I do know that Fever Tree won't always be available for everyone. It is onboard Pursuit now though and that makes me very happy. 😄

Lottie

i hope that’s permanently true because the offloading of cases is exactly what happened previously but then back it came.  So I’m waiting to see a prolonged period over a few continents until I celebrate.

Sorry to sound cynical but with such an experience of deja vu on this issue. 

13 hours ago, Lottie A said:

image.jpeg

This might make me upgrade to the Ultimate Drinks Package. Maybe not for a Hendricks (although the Advisor is very partial), but for a Tanqueray 10

Edited by norn iron
Additional comments
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, norn iron said:

This might make me upgrade to the Ultimate Drinks Package. Maybe not for a Hendricks (although the Advisor is very partial), but for a Tanqueray 10

Yes Tanqueray 10 and fever tree so much better than Gordon's. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Lottie A said:

OK...don't faint everyone but there is even a bottle of Silent Pool gin onboard...but I will have drunk it all by the end of the cruise! Sorry! 

They have had it for a while actually they’ve got several they bought it in last year for the UK cruises but it bombed along with the award winning English sparkling wine (which did discredit some award processes imho- it was disgusting).  They had some Silent Pool  on Journey last month as well. I tried to kill Pursuits supplies last year, obviously I failed 

10 minutes ago, Lottie A said:

Yes I know they had Silent Pool onboard from the UK last year Ann, but I thought it was all gone. 

There is one bottle left on Pursuit...but not for very long! 😂

They had it on the pool bar in Journey it had been moved to there.  To be honest although I drank it I think its over rated I have other favourites I wish they would stock.

Just now, Lottie A said:

I LOVE Silent Pool gin but each to his or her own. 

I can tell you it's not in The Pool Bar now though! 

But you are on Pursuit= I was just helping those who like it on Journey 🙂 

Enjoy it wherever you are

7 hours ago, Lottie A said:

OK...don't faint everyone but there is even a bottle of Silent Pool gin onboard...but I will have drunk it all by the end of the cruise! Sorry! 

The Silent Pool has been on board for a while. Nobody would buy it at the risk of having it ruined by Royal Club.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, norn iron said:

The Silent Pool has been on board for a while. Nobody would buy it at the risk of having it ruined by Royal Club.

I have enjoyed it with St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur, but it would probably be better with a little regular tonic too (to get the bite of the quinine)

• 2 weeks later...

We are currently on Quest.  The tonic was initially Seagrams and is now Canada Dry.  After a comment on the mid-cruise survey we now have 2 bottles of Fever Tree and 3 cans of Schweppes in our cabin.

• Like 1