What's next stage of plan for 3 ships displaced by Harvey?

LMaxwell

From the Carnival website:

Weather Update #7 – 08/28/17 – 9:00 AM (EST)

Unfortunately, extreme flooding conditions caused by the storm continue to impact the Galveston and greater Houston areas. As a result, officials from the Port of Galveston and United States Coast Guard cannot predict with any certainty when the port will re-open, but they now expect it will remain closed until late this week.

All three ships will perform a stop in New Orleans during the next two days to allow guests to disembark if they wish to make independent arrangements to return home, or another location. Alternatively, if their schedule allows, guests can elect to sail back to Galveston with us. Our ships will depart New Orleans Tuesday/Wednesday and expect to be in position to enter the Port of Galveston as soon as it re-opens, later in the week.

Based on the uncertainty of the port closure, the August 26th sailings of Carnival Valor and Carnival Freedom, and the August 27th departure of Carnival Breeze, will now be cancelled.

A full refund will be automatically processed, including any pre-purchased Carnival Adventures, Fun Shop purchases and beverage packages. The refund will be processed to the original form of payment within three weeks. Additionally, a 25% future cruise credit will be applied to their next reservation with Carnival if booked within the next 60 days.

We sincerely apologize to all our Galveston guests for the disruption to their vacation plans and thank them for their patience and understanding. We look forward to welcoming them on a Carnival cruise in the future.

On behalf of Carnival Cruise Line, our thoughts and prayers remain with those in the affected communities.

Question: For those that purchased Cheers! and choose to remain on board, are they being charged for additional days or are they now pay as you go.
I read a comment posted by someone on one of the ships saying something like, "Too bad my Cheers package expired."

This message may have been entered via voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

All three ships will perform a stop in New Orleans during the next two days to allow guests to disembark if they wish to make independent arrangements to return home, or another location.

Breeze is sitting in NOLA and ironically, NOLA is under a tornado watch and most of southern Louisiana is under a flash flood warning due to Harvey. Man, this storm has been ugly.

Follow the Carnival website or John Heald's Facebook page.

About 2 updates each day answering your question.

I no longer user FB. I thought this was an appropriate forum to ask the question. I was curious if they were going to sail slowly in the gulf until port opens or find another port stop; next cruise status, etc. appreciate all the info; I just find it fascinating (y)(y)

Breeze is sitting in NOLA and ironically, NOLA is under a tornado watch and most of southern Louisiana is under a flash flood warning due to Harvey. Man, this storm has been ugly.

It sure has been. I hope people stay safe. First responders and emergency workers are truly superheroes.

On Freedom now. The plan is New Orleans Tuesday and Wednesday. They are letting people terminate their cruises if they'd like and the plan is to have customs available from 8-10am both Tuesday and Wednesday for them. If you're staying on, they have free passes for the hop on/hop off tram and free passes for a bus to the French quarters. The plan is to return to Galveston Friday or Saturday.

For the person asking about Cheers, they are offering it as a day by day purchase. It expired the last day of the cruise but you could extend it each day for the per day fee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the 3 CCL ships currently displaced by Harvey, after they reprovision in NOLA what is the next plan? Where will the head and what is the timeline?

Maxwell there is no timeline because they don't know when the ports will open.

On Freedom now. The plan is New Orleans Tuesday and Wednesday. They are letting people terminate their cruises if they'd like and the plan is to have customs available from 8-10am both Tuesday and Wednesday for them. If you're staying on, they have free passes for the hop on/hop off tram and free passes for a bus to the French quarters. The plan is to return to Galveston Friday or Saturday.

For the person asking about Cheers, they are offering it as a day by day purchase. It expired the last day of the cruise but you could extend it each day for the per day fee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info...Safe travels to all for your return home!

Question: For those that purchased Cheers! and choose to remain on board, are they being charged for additional days or are they now pay as you go.

From everything I've read elsewhere they have the option to pay to keep the package going, or just pay for their drinks one at a time.

On Freedom now. The plan is New Orleans Tuesday and Wednesday.

Thanks for the update. That's an interesting decision because now N.O. is getting heavier rain than Houston. Though of course Houston's flooding is far worse. As far as I know you can still get around in N.O., though that could change too.

Thanks for the update. That's an interesting decision because now N.O. is getting heavier rain than Houston. Though of course Houston's flooding is far worse. As far as I know you can still get around in N.O., though that could change too.

Harvey is forecast to get moving N-NE in the next day and there is a dry air mass moving in to it's east which should limit the amount of moisture NOLA gets.

Disclaimer: I'm not a weatherman but I play one on TV.

I believe they're providing accommodations and meals for free. That's a rather impressive discount, no?

About to say the same thing a couple of days free on a cruise ship is a mighty Big Discount to me I would be more than happy to pay for my drinks for a few extra days

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Forums mobile app

If I were on there, I would expect free lodging and meals, but I would have no reasonable expectation for any sort of a drink discount. That's ludicrous to think otherwise! ;p

I wonder if they are still doing shows, comedy club, and all the other activities or have just reduced it to bare bones.

IMO they would be justified to close down all the food options aside from the buffet and roll back the activities.