Stephen J. Card Paintings

f1jon

Just got off the Noordam and discovered artist Stephen J. Card. A stunning painting of his is in the stairway. Does anyone know where to purchase large prints of his paintings? Topsham, are you there?

Thanks,

Jon

Stephen (aka Captain Card) did have a spot where you could buy that he gave me but when I tried to get there a year ago I go the infamous 404 message (website gone).

I tried again tonight and got the same thing. Searching only gave me outside websites but not the one he had given me originally.

It may be that his works are gone.

Like you, I admire his paintings and the man himself who I had the pleasure to meet on the Prinsendam.

Good luck and I hope Stephen sees this.

Several years ago HAL sold calendars with twelve months' worth of the Captain's awesome prints for sale in the gift shops. Wish they would repeat that

The calendars would be a very popular item in the ship shops.

I have the book. It is a treasure and graces my coffee table.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Time for an updated edition of that very nice book by the captain :D Three (next year four) new ships have/will have joined. Btw, you can get used copies at Amazon starting at $30. If you like his work, well worth it!

51mFEmCDplL._SY426_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Just got off the Noordam and discovered artist Stephen J. Card. A stunning painting of his is in the stairway. Does anyone know where to purchase large prints of his paintings? Topsham, are you there?

Thanks,

Jon

Glad to hear you loved Captain Card's paintings and/or prints. I love them also.

Captain Card (retired) is a member of Cruise Critic. His handle here is "Topsham"

I looked under his CC name and cannot find any way ro contact him, so, my suggestion is to Start a New thread and make it so that he sees his name. Something like

"TOPSHAM" aka Captain Card, HELP. Just something to grab his attention.

Joanie

Hi,

I really like Stephen Card's paintings. I have his books for Holland America and Cunard. Also, I have five signed prints (one large and four small) framed and hanging on my bedroom wall. I had the pleasure of meeting him on a cruise on the (original) Pacific Princess to Bermuda in 2002. His prints frequently are available on eBay.

Chuck

• 3 months later...

Hello Mariners!

Apologies for not being in touch with Cruise Critic for a while. The last 18 months I have just been swamped... and guess what, the level of the water rising!

This past I was working on a collection for a one-man show at the gallery in Hamilton. I thought I would be having a break, but no such luck and I am now trying to catch up commissioned works and also trying to plan for the next one-man show. This will be June, 2019.

In May, a new book, 'STEAM & CANVAS'. 100 full pages of new paintings. The publisher tells me he wants a Volume 2... as soon as I can get the images together.

The publisher is also making tiles. Not Mariner tiles, but rather a new series of collectable tiles, "Famous Dutch Ocean Liners". The first four tiles depict the career of the 1938-1974 Nw Amsterdam. Of course that will be followed by 'the' Rotterdam. I'll post a photo as soon as I figure how to resize it!

I wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy Sailing for 2018!

Stephen

Hello Mariners!

Apologies for not being in touch with Cruise Critic for a while. The last 18 months I have just been swamped... and guess what, the level of the water rising!

This past I was working on a collection for a one-man show at the gallery in Hamilton. I thought I would be having a break, but no such luck and I am now trying to catch up commissioned works and also trying to plan for the next one-man show. This will be June, 2019.

In May, a new book, 'STEAM & CANVAS'. 100 full pages of new paintings. The publisher tells me he wants a Volume 2... as soon as I can get the images together.

The publisher is also making tiles. Not Mariner tiles, but rather a new series of collectable tiles, "Famous Dutch Ocean Liners". The first four tiles depict the career of the 1938-1974 Nw Amsterdam. Of course that will be followed by 'the' Rotterdam. I'll post a photo as soon as I figure how to resize it!

Stephen

Wonderful news Stephen :):D

We so enjoy your work.

Is there a working website now or should we just hit amazon???

Will your show still be on in May, 2018? We'll be in Bermuda then on the Prinsendam. Would love to see it if it will.

Hello, Stephen! So nice to see you posting. Hope you are well, but if you are swamped with work I will assume you are.

I cannot wait to see the tiles of 'the' Rotterdam. How I loved that ship!

May you have the best of new years.

Hello Mariners!

Stephen

Stephen,

Could you please repeat the name of the gallery in Hamilton, I will be there again in June 2018.

Thanks,

Elaine

Stephen how GREAT to hear form you. You have been much missed. glad to reas you are busy workingg on more wonderful arrt for us to enjoy. I have thought of you and hoped you were busy painting.

Just in time to wish you a Merry Christmas.

Be well and enjoy the holidays.

Judy

Nice to hear from everyone! Merry Christmas & Best Wishes for New Year!

I should be on board the m.s. 'Bermuda' for this summer. The gallery is called 'Gallery 117' just a block past the stern of VEDM. Can't miss it. If you want to meet up, just let the gallery know and they will call me. I am out in Somerset, but I can always get out of the studio for a bit of air fresh. The one man show will be in 2019. Usually have a couple of pieces showing in the gallery. It will be good to see PRDM in Bermuda and VEDM is special too. Best.