CC management thinks it's a good idea for 'auto posting' to roll calls...

Deatsch

Hi,

Just a quick note to let you know that we have reached out a number of times to Celebrity in an attempt to get this fixed. We're still waiting for information.

Laura

Thanks Laura. It has been hit and miss now for over a year. But this is the first time I have been trying for 3 weeks every day and it never works.

Knowing their IT capabilities I am not holding my breath.

• Administrators
I would just like to be able to sign up for the Connections Party. My cruise is 19 days away and no matter what I do I have not been able to successfully sign up.

Hi again, can you share with me the specifics of what is happening when you try to register? What error messages are you receiving? What browser are you using?

What is your ship and sail date?

Let me know,

Laura

We are sailing Summit September 24, 2017 - 2 week Canada / New England.

I have tried Internet Explorer and Chrome. When I use IE all the year dates come up as 2022. Now I'm not even sure I'll be alive in 2022 never mind have a cruise booked that far in advance.

On Chrome I get the following message:

The booking entered could not be retrieved. Please check your entries.

So I am unsure what is going on. I have never had this much trouble in the 14 years I have been signing up for CC Parties.

Thanks.

When one signs up for the Celebrity connections party is the auto post using their real name (including last name) or cc name? Now I am considering whether or not to even sign up for the party.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No, as indicated before, only ones' CC moniker is used. NO other identifying information is used, ever.

bon voyage

It's presumptuous on CC's part to add members to roll calls. How rude.

Actually, it is not presumptuous, as they are not adding any member to the roll call, just announcing that there is someone who signed up on CC and are the sailing.

It is solely up to the member to join the CC.

I Am fine with how it works. Each time I see the 'Hello....' I know what is happening...

It happens once per person and never more.

bon voyage

• Administrators
We are sailing Summit September 24, 2017 - 2 week Canada / New England.

I have tried Internet Explorer and Chrome. When I use IE all the year dates come up as 2022. Now I'm not even sure I'll be alive in 2022 never mind have a cruise booked that far in advance.

On Chrome I get the following message:

The booking entered could not be retrieved. Please check your entries.

So I am unsure what is going on. I have never had this much trouble in the 14 years I have been signing up for CC Parties.

Thanks.

Thanks for this. I have a meeting this week w/ the nice folks over at Celebrity so I'm hoping by sharing specifics like this we can get it fixed once and for all.

Laura

I'm certain I'll receive a warning, spanking, bad boy for this...

BUT.

Why on EARTH would this website come up with such an inane idea. It appears the 'posters' don't even know it's happening.

The auto posts are being DUPLICATED on at least one roll call.

I'm sitting here shaking my head as I don my fireproof undies.

I have a big problem with CC spoofing my id and posting something on any board that I did not author. It;s disgraceful and I wish everyone would object. Not merely because it is annoying.

Thanks for this. I have a meeting this week w/ the nice folks over at Celebrity so I'm hoping by sharing specifics like this we can get it fixed once and for all.

Laura

A couple of members of our roll call have stated that when they register the message they get is that "19 have registered for their Reflection cruise." The 19 should change to 21 and so on and we are on Equinox not Reflection. So we don't know if they have been actually registered. We should have well over 25 by now.

Hi again, can you share with me the specifics of what is happening when you try to register? What error messages are you receiving? What browser are you using?

What is your ship and sail date?

Let me know,

Laura

Hi, we're on the 11th November 2017 Solstice New Zealand & Australia cruise, trying to sign up for connections party, it allows me to enter info, but the number signed up never changes, & I don't receive an email telling me I've signed up.... same for several on our roll call... our number for signed up has been at 52 for a while now even though lots more have reported trying to sign up. (On a Mac, using safari)

I have a big problem with CC spoofing my id and posting something on any board that I did not author. It;s disgraceful and I wish everyone would object. Not merely because it is annoying.

f - it appears that you may not have seen the tag line for the auto post, it is as follows:

"- This is an autopost from a new member to Cruise Critic; please welcome them to your Roll Call!"

Now, if you consider yourself a new member of CC, then so be it.

bon voyage

Our role call is also very frustrated with the inability to "connect".

If you can fix this, that would be great, Laura.

Please realize that the problem is with Celebrity software, not at all a problem with Cruise Critic itself.

The newly changed Celebrity web site has many bugs with the signing up for the Connections event being just one of the bugs.

As Laura posted "Just a quick note to let you know that we have reached out a number of times to Celebrity in an attempt to get this fixed. We're still waiting for information."

You can be assured that Cruise Critic is being treated the same as Celebrity passengers when they report a problem to Celebrity.

Hi, we're on the 11th November 2017 Solstice New Zealand & Australia cruise, trying to sign up for connections party, it allows me to enter info, but the number signed up never changes, & I don't receive an email telling me I've signed up.... same for several on our roll call... our number for signed up has been at 52 for a while now even though lots more have reported trying to sign up. (On a Mac, using safari)

Similar issue for Infinity 0ct 1, 2017...not sure if it is resolved. We did get enough for a party but not sure what the list will look like, it was not a huge roll call to begin with...

• Administrators
A couple of members of our roll call have stated that when they register the message they get is that "19 have registered for their Reflection cruise." The 19 should change to 21 and so on and we are on Equinox not Reflection. So we don't know if they have been actually registered. We should have well over 25 by now.

This is on my list -- "registration counts stay the same and aren't increasing when new people register".

Laura

• Administrators

We aren't spoofing anything. There is an action that happens before these posts appear -- and that is the user clicking on the "I'm Sailing" button.

Nevertheless, that whole process is being redesigned, and we hope to launch the fixes during Q4.

• Administrators

Here's what it currently says on the Celebrity Connections registration page:

..."if a minimum of 25 people are registered 3 days prior to your sail date, you will receive a confirmation email"

which implies to me that registering doesn't trigger an email. Since I'm unable to test registration (I don't have a Celebrity cruise booked), I cannot see if there is a confirmation page displayed (something like a Thank You For Registering). I will ask them about this at our meeting.

Thanks!

Laura

f - it appears that you may not have seen the tag line for the auto post, it is as follows:

"- This is an autopost from a new member to Cruise Critic; please welcome them to your Roll Call!"

Now, if you consider yourself a new member of CC, then so be it.

The 'auto post' does in deed have that tag line.

But... I have seen auto posts created in roll calls for members who are clearly NOT new members to Cruise Critic and have previously posted in the same roll call, so there is definitely an issue with how this works.

It seems anyone can click on the "I'm Sailing" button.

..."if a minimum of 25 people are registered 3 days prior to your sail date, you will receive a confirmation email"

which implies to me that registering doesn't trigger an email. Since I'm unable to test registration (I don't have a Celebrity cruise booked), I cannot see if there is a confirmation page displayed (something like a Thank You For Registering). I will ask them about this at our meeting.

Thanks!

Laura

Registering does trigger an email, at least is should when the system is working properly.

Dear guest name,

Thank you for registering for a Celebrity Cruises/CruiseCritic Connections party. We're excited to welcome you aboard and look forwardto making every day another day, Designed for You!

This is to confirm that as of 26-June-2017, you haveregistered 16 guest(s) for a Cruise Critic Connections party on XX departing10-September-2017.

Issues I am experiencing are:

IE 11

Registering for Connections, all year dates are 2022 - cannot register.

Searching for a party, all year dates are 2022 - cannot search.

Chrome

Registering for Connections, The booking entered could not be retrieved. Please check your entries.

Searching for a party, result returns wrong ship but correct sail date. (Previously sail date was 'undefined')

Thanks!

Laura

Hi Laura, in the past I always did receive an email letting me know I was registered, it was also very clear on the Celebrity website that I my registration was accepted... this time, nothing.

We have quite a few new cruisers on our roll call & I think we would have a good turn out at the party if they had a way to sign up.

Thanks for any help you can give. :)

You could always demand your money back.

I swear Laura has the patience of a saint.

The 'auto post' does in deed have that tag line.

But... I have seen auto posts created in roll calls for members who are clearly NOT new members to Cruise Critic and have previously posted in the same roll call, so there is definitely an issue with how this works.

It seems anyone can click on the "I'm Sailing" button.

Yep. This happened for me a couple of months ago on a celebrity cruise. Joining the roll call - even though I'd already posted in it several times, resulted in that silly message.

• 3 weeks later...
This is on my list -- "registration counts stay the same and aren't increasing when new people register".

Laura

Laura

Did your meeting with Celebrity happen and if it did what was the outcome of the Registration for Connection Party issue?

Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Forums