Feeling a bit screwed over by RC, Irma safety/risk issue and no-refund, greed?

lowsidr

If I pay $100 for an excursion and the vendor cancels on me, I expect $100 back. Can't believe how many people are being purposely obtuse about this

Have you read posts on other non cruise forums. The Internet was made for people who enjoy being obtuse.

I used $70 OBC to purchase PART of a catamaran tour in St Marrten this week. The refund to our account WAS $68. I'm not sweating it. [emoji6]

Not worth the time and aggravation.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

It is the principle of it. Which reminds me, don't forget to also demand the interest on the principle that they are keeping.

Cruise ships went with critical supplies to the hardest hit Caribbean islands and picked up people who had lost everything but the clothes they were wearing. No shelter, food, water or medical treatment.

Helping survivors get through calamitous natural disaster should take precedence over people's vacations, in my opinion.

If that was the case, RCI would have cancelled cruises that passengers could actually get to and sent those ships for the humanitarian effort.

Canceling cruises that start in an evacuation zone that passengers cannot reach and the ships need to be out at sea to avoid the storm makes it convenient to do the humanitarian runs.

Why do you expect $100 back if you have agreed to a nonrefundable portion?

Because I agreed to this if I cancelled my participation. I expect a full refund if the vendor cancels.

If Royal cancels a cruise, they provide a 100% refund (and not as a future credit) no matter if a deposit for the cruise was non-refundable or not or if in the penalty period after final payment. And their contract lists all the penalties for cancellation, but they apply if you cancel, not Royal.

I see so many people complaining about the cruiselines not giving them all their money back.

This is what Trip insurance is for. A cruiseline (or any vacation) is not there to hand money out if something out of their control happens.

We all should know the ramifications of booking trips and cancellation fees, and trip insurance is very cheap. I just paid 100 bucks for 3 of us for our Allure trip 10/1 a few weeks ago. So glad I have that peace of mind and will not be worrying about problems if they arise. That's my responsibility as a consumer.

Would you drive your car without insurance? I have been in the insurance industry for 30 years and have seen more people than I can count try to save a few bucks on insurance (of any kind) and pay an immense price for it in the end.

I do have trip insurance and it only covers medical reasons to not sail, for you or your companion. I called Carnival yesterday, 29 days out from sailing and even with trip insurance they get to keep 75% of my money. I happen to be one of the people who think if you signed up for their beautiful, fun trip that they advertised and sold tickets for during hurricane season, then they need to provide something close to it. I asked if I could sail at a later date, where they're still getting their money and they said no. That's pretty ****ty on their part.

Um.... ok... wondering where everyone's brains are hiding..

The football Cardinals left St. Louis bout 36 years before the Rams. U2 was supposed to play a concert tonight at the stadium the Ram's built (taxpayer money horrible stadium two good teams in 20 years they played there)... Tomorrow Ed Sheehan was supposed to play a concert.... they both were cancelled because a white cop was acquitted for a murder trial that should never have happened... so BLM and some preachers told the judge if he acquitted they would burn the place to the ground.... which is proceeding....

We are screwed... have been saying this for over a decade.

JC

Ah- well that would be way before my time then, which is why I didn't get their reference. I'm also from a state where football is a big deal, and nobody pays any attention to baseball. I also work with the NFL so that's why my brain went there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums