Points for a no show?

HicksRA

We booked a last minute bargain cruise (paid in full) and for the first time ever, I didn't purchase insurance since it was only a month away. It sails 10/01 and there's a strong chance we won't be able to make it.

I'm wondering if you still get your cruise points if you don't show up.

I usually book hotels on a site that allows late cancellation with no penalty. Check how you booked. I don't know why you might not be able to go but this exact same thing happened to me a year ago. Mine was medical issue. TA spoke to resolutions dept and I leave later this week on the cruise Royal let me reschedule.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I usually book hotels on a site that allows late cancellation with no penalty. Check how you booked. I don't know why you might not be able to go but this exact same thing happened to me a year ago. Mine was medical issue. TA spoke to resolutions dept and I leave later this week on the cruise Royal let me reschedule.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, possible medical issue. If it happens, I guess I'd have nothing to lose by making a phone call but not optimistic.

Yes, possible medical issue. If it happens, I guess I'd have nothing to lose by making a phone call but not optimistic.

Also check the credit card you paid with, you may have some coverage through that.

No credit card travel insurance covers cancellations due to pre-existing medical conditions.

No credit card travel insurance covers cancellations due to pre-existing medical conditions.

Depends what it is...

If you get sick *after* you book, you're covered (if your card has trip cancellation). If it happened before you booked, you're not.

"Pre existing" just means before you buy coverage, not before you travel.

@OP:

If you call, there is a decent chance they'll let you transfer to a different cruise. Last person I saw who tried (home damaged from hurricane) said they needed to know on the spot, they were not able to get a voucher to book at some future time.

Unless you ask. We had to cancel once and had no insurance coverage. C & A gladly gave us the points we would have earned with little or no arm twisting. And that was on the first call. If you get a "no" call back a couple days later.

Sorry, I've been around a while and have never heard of that. Ever.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Unless you ask. We had to cancel once and had no insurance coverage. C & A gladly gave us the points we would have earned with little or no arm twisting. And that was on the first call. If you get a "no" call back a couple days later.

I have also never heard of that. We could not make a cruise in Dec. 2010 and had no insurance. Our TA called RCI and C&A many times trying to get ANYTHING, and we were completely denied. If you could get cruise points by just buying cheap cruises and never going on them, They would lose out on tons of shipboard revenue.

If one person is able to cruise they will receive double points.

And that scenario has happened. In fact it's happening now since Laura is sailing Oasis and I am watching our dog. All due to Irma. The ship had been promised a full 7 points even though it is a 4 day voyage. She'll get 21

Well...okay. You said the person sailing was getting double points. I can't quite figure out how 3 points per night (or 2 points per night plus 1 point) is double but that's just me.

If you stay in a JS or above, you get double points (2). If you sail solo, you get one extra point per day because it usually costs double to sail solo. Thus three points per day.

If you stay in a JS or above, you get double points (2). If you sail solo, you get one extra point per day because it usually costs double to sail solo. Thus three points per day.

Yeah I know that I was confused with the wording (double points) and the amount of nights (7) adding up to a total of 21 points, but I got it. The person the poster was referring to is sailing solo in a JS and getting the full 21 points for the scheduled 7 night rather than the 9 points one might expect since it's only a 4 day (3 night).

And that scenario has happened. In fact it's happening now since Laura is sailing Oasis and I am watching our dog. All due to Irma. The ship had been promised a full 7 points even though it is a 4 day voyage. She'll get 21

Pretty good deal. Seems she is better off (point wise) sailing without you!

I heard that those on the extended extra 3 night sailing will get points for the extra nights. I'll believe it when I see it!

M

Yeah I know that I was confused with the wording (double points) and the amount of nights (7) adding up to a total of 21 points, but I got it. The person the poster was referring to is sailing solo in a JS and getting the full 21 points for the scheduled 7 night rather than the 9 points one might expect since it's only a 4 day (3 night).

It's actually a 4 night cruise, 5 days