"10 Drink Cards" question

bsjcb2000

the last 2 cruises I was on, I didn't buy the drink package but I ended up getting a 10 drink card towards the end of the cruise... I have 2 questions on this..

1. Do they typically only sell it towards the middle / end of the cruise, or can you buy it on day one if you prefer? The "all you can drink" drink package isn't worth it to me on cruises with a lot of port days as I don't drink wine or beer.

2. I know when you buy the "Drink Package" it's per person, (so I get a package and my DH gets a package) Is the "10 Drink card" the same way, or can it be "shared" between a couple? Neither DH or I drink much, and neither of us are Beer or Wine drinkers, so if it's shareable, it would be awesome to "share" the 10 drink card, however, if not, we would just do as we normally would do & order whatever drinks we individually want and pay for them al carte. I'm not looking to break or even "bend" the rules - just wasn't sure how this worked..

Thank you!

? Neither DH or I drink much, and neither of us are Beer or Wine drinkers, so if it's shareable, it would be awesome to "share" the 10 drink card, however, if not, we would just do as we normally would do & order whatever drinks we individually want and pay for them al carte. I'm not looking to break or even "bend" the rules - just wasn't sure how this worked..

Thank you!

I just wanted to mention that the drink package includes the fancier drinks also. It's not just for wine and beer. I like to have pina coladas or mango tangos as well as a couple of glasses of wine with dinner. It also includes water and soda, so I know you said you don't drink much, but it may be worth it in the overall if you consider the non-alcohol drinks as well.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
The drink package also includes fresh squeezed orange juice.

Although on Grandeur in August, the fresh squeezed OJ was rather sour.

Did they have the drink card on Grandeur in august? I'm going on Grandeur in a month and I'm hoping for it. It's a great value for the hubby and I to share. I was able to getting fancy drinks with it also last time.

the last 2 cruises I was on, I didn't buy the drink package but I ended up getting a 10 drink card towards the end of the cruise... I have 2 questions on this..

1. Do they typically only sell it towards the middle / end of the cruise, or can you buy it on day one if you prefer? The "all you can drink" drink package isn't worth it to me on cruises with a lot of port days as I don't drink wine or beer.

2. I know when you buy the "Drink Package" it's per person, (so I get a package and my DH gets a package) Is the "10 Drink card" the same way, or can it be "shared" between a couple? Neither DH or I drink much, and neither of us are Beer or Wine drinkers, so if it's shareable, it would be awesome to "share" the 10 drink card, however, if not, we would just do as we normally would do & order whatever drinks we individually want and pay for them al carte. I'm not looking to break or even "bend" the rules - just wasn't sure how this worked..

Thank you!

Share the card as much as you wish. Heck, you can walk into the Schooner Bar, yell "Drinks on me!" and make 10 new best friends. ;)

• Haha 2

Is that additional now? I remember when I bought it 2 years ago the advertised price was all in.

I'm sure it can vary ship to ship, but most often I see a price quoted that does not include gratuity.

I just wanted to mention that the drink package includes the fancier drinks also. It's not just for wine and beer. I like to have pina coladas or mango tangos as well as a couple of glasses of wine with dinner. It also includes water and soda, so I know you said you don't drink much, but it may be worth it in the overall if you consider the non-alcohol drinks as well.

I thought that I read that water is not included in the drink package. Is that not the case?