"10 Drink Cards" question

bsjcb2000

Just got off the Oct. 1st sailing on Oasis today. We bought the drink card on day 4. 18% was added to the asking price of $79. We asked the bartender at the Trellis bar what would happen if we wanted a $15 drink and he said to just ask the bartender to put a cheaper brand alcohol in the drink. We tried doing just that at Boleros and it worked.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Forums mobile app

It seems..and I don’t know if I’m observing correctly...that on newer bigger ships the card is more money and they add the gratuity..but on smaller older ships they offer the card cheaper and don’t charge gratuity. However my second time purchasing it was on Liberty, 2 yeats ago. It was around $65 and no gratuity was charged.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It seems..and I don’t know if I’m observing correctly...that on newer bigger ships the card is more money and they add the gratuity..but on smaller older ships they offer the card cheaper and don’t charge gratuity. However my second time purchasing it was on Liberty, 2 yeats ago. It was around $65 and no gratuity was charged.

Also..no one has said that it wasn’t offered...

Here's a question!

Does anyone know the facts of the rules on the drink cards? Meaning, can one buy a drink card on one ship/cruise and then use it on another cruise later?

When you purchase the card they write a number on the back of the card. This number is put into the cash register when you order a drink. That is probably why you can't use it on other sailings.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Forums mobile app

Is the drink value limit ($13?) before gratuity?

Can the drink card be used anywhere including MDR and specialty restaurants?

We have found the drink limit to be the same as the Deluxe Beverag package limit on that ship, either $12 or $13.

Is the drink value limit ($13?) before gratuity?

Can the drink card be used anywhere including MDR and specialty restaurants?

I used it all over the ship. The gratuity is charged as a lump on the cost of the card I believe. (18%) but it seems it is not always charged.

I used it all over the ship. The gratuity is charged as a lump on the cost of the card I believe. (18%) but it seems it is not always charged.

Thanks! I realize the gratuity (if charged) is charged on the card but am I looking at drinks before or after gratuity for the $13 limit which I may then pay an up charge on or get changed again in total.

Thanks! I realize the gratuity (if charged) is charged on the card but am I looking at drinks before or after gratuity for the $13 limit which I may then pay an up charge on or get changed again in total.

The $13 price is the list price of the drink in the menu so that would be considered before gratuity bc if someone walks up and orders that drink at $13 without a card, they would put gratuity on top.

I was just on the ETS and was offered the card on day 3 for $75. I didn't purchase it because I just drink rum & coke which was $7 ea so no savings for me. If I was drinking more "expensive " drink I would have picked one up.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Forums mobile app

Exactly, that is our main drink of choice too although we do like mojitos too at $12, so I may be encouraged to change the balance!

Anyone know if the drink card is offered on the Radiance and the cost?

Availability varies, seemingly by sailing (and the day within the sailing). It may be available even if not advertised - ask a bartender. Cost also seems to vary from a low of about $59 to as much as $89 (that's before the 18% grats). On Aussie sailings you probably won't see the price broken out separately like that - it will have the grats included.

Availability varies, seemingly by sailing (and the day within the sailing). It may be available even if not advertised - ask a bartender. Cost also seems to vary from a low of about $59 to as much as $89 (that's before the 18% grats). On Aussie sailings you probably won't see the price broken out separately like that - it will have the grats included.

Thank you!

• 2 months later...

Has anyone seen the card on the Anthem and/or on longer cruises? If so, when was it offered? We're going on a 12 day (hurray!) at the end of this month and I'm having such a hard time justifying $1,200 for the ultimate package! However both my husband and I enjoy our boat drinks throughout the cruise, so not buying the package may not be worth it unless a card is available! TYIA for any input!

^ just realize that the availability of the card varies even between similar sailings - keep asking the bartenders.

Yeah- with my luck they won't be offered if I don't purchase the package or vice versa!

Yeah- with my luck they won't be offered if I don't purchase the package or vice versa!

You can't really compare a package and the 10 drink card - the comparison should be between the 10 drink card and the cost of the 10 drinks without the card (save about $30-40).

• 1 month later...
I just wanted to mention that the drink package includes the fancier drinks also. It's not just for wine and beer. I like to have pina coladas or mango tangos as well as a couple of glasses of wine with dinner. It also includes water and soda, so I know you said you don't drink much, but it may be worth it in the overall if you consider the non-alcohol drinks as well.

I find the drink packages to be worth it on a 3-day cruise. You can try ALL different kinds of drinks (up to a certain price point if I recall) and if you don't like it, well you can always try a different one. I tried several martinis I would usually not have tried. Plus the package I got included the specialty coffees and orange juice so it was worth it for 3-days. As my husband so eloquently stated "I can stay drunk for 3 days but after that, it's too much"

• 1 year later...
On 9/18/2017 at 1:45 PM, bsjcb2000 said:

Thank you - that's a good point that I didn't think about.

I also wish these boards had a "like" feature like Facebook 🙂

Isn't that what the little heart is to the right of the post? Do they not see the like?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1