"10 Drink Cards" question

bsjcb2000

Thanks! We usually like to have the drink of the day, whatever it may be. I seem to recall that those were right around the $8 mark so not sure if the cards make sense.

Drinks of the day are no longer the less expensive drink they used to be.

• Like 1

Drinks of the day are no longer the less expensive drink they used to be.

2 years ago drinks of the day were up to $12 with the gratuity depending on how fancy and how big. Even with the gratuity , it works out to $9.30 per drink all in. Plus you can get premium whiskies and such with the drink card. They run high as well.

The drink card has definitely gone up I remember it being lower 2 Years ago.

Plus for some it is a bonus to keep track of spending in a way besides checking the Tv all the time LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On liberty the drink card was on day 4...79.00 plus gratuity of 18%. the drinks of the day were cheaper like 9.00

I think they were like 2 or 2.50 cheaper the signs would say

Good to know. Are they still bottled wine specials? They used to have some bottles for $18 or $20 at vintages or whatever it was called. Still pricey but better than what's on the menu in the dining areas.

Interesting love that option as you can share a card. MSC has a kind of similar card but it’s offered even before the start of the cruise. Those cards are perfect for the not to heavy drinkers.

Let us know

Sea ya

Eric

Be careful with this drink card though. We got 2 drinks on there that ended up being over $12. The bartender did not tell us they were over or ask for any signature like when you buy a drink normally, he did however charge our room for the full price AND mark them off the card... I wouldnt have cared that he charged the room but I was angry he also marked them off the card so we essentially paid twice. Unfortunately we didn't discover it until it was too late to dispute.

Two weeks ago on the Explorer they sold them on day 2, our first sea day. They were $75, no additional gratuity added.

That's a pretty good deal, and the earliest I've heard the cards being sold.

Thanks for the info everyone - follow up question - we are leaving (in 7 days!!) for a short cruise - 5 nights New England out of Boston - is anyone aware on if shorter cruises like this range get the card offered? We are just going to ask, but trying to finish out my “expected to spend budget” [emoji23]

Thanks for the info everyone - follow up question - we are leaving (in 7 days!!) for a short cruise - 5 nights New England out of Boston - is anyone aware on if shorter cruises like this range get the card offered? We are just going to ask, but trying to finish out my “expected to spend budget” [emoji23]

I've seen the card offered on 5-night Brilliance cruises.

I got off Explorer yesterday. They offered this card on day 3 (first sea day), and I'm 100% sure it was $75 all in, as I double checked our account. The bartenders were asking everyone if they wanted one when they ordered a drink if they weren't on a package, but it wasn't otherwise advertised (no signs, and nothing in the Compass). I was very surprised it wasn't $75 + 18%, and was wondering if they would charge the 18% at time of redemption, but they didn't. We had a lot of older and high status folks on this itinerary (Pacific Coastal), but it seemed very early to be offered and very cheap as well. It was a crazy good deal as it covered 10 drinks up to $12 + 18% each, which was basically everything except the really premium spirits & wine. Even ordering the cheapest drink ($7 + 18%) you wouldn't lose money on the face value of the card.

It even said right on the "card" (actually a badly photographed slip of paper - so I stuck it in a baggie so it wouldn't get ruined) that it can be shared, and we ordered two drinks each time with it without issue. I'm glad we didn't buy more than one card though, as even that early in the cruise, we wouldn't have used two, with all the time in port. If you aren't on a drink package, as long as you are rather sure you will use most or all 10 drinks and aren't the type to lose or forget to use stuff, its an easy purchase!

Be careful with this drink card though. We got 2 drinks on there that ended up being over $12. The bartender did not tell us they were over or ask for any signature like when you buy a drink normally, he did however charge our room for the full price AND mark them off the card... I wouldnt have cared that he charged the room but I was angry he also marked them off the card so we essentially paid twice. Unfortunately we didn't discover it until it was too late to dispute.

Off Harmony today, they told us drinks up to $13 were covered and they were. It was a really good deal.

Off Harmony today, they told us drinks up to $13 were covered and they were. It was a really good deal.

I'm curious what happens if you have the drink card and order a drink over the $13 limit. Same as the drink package, pay the difference?

Thanks for sharing so much great information!

I will be going on the Vision of the Seas in a few weeks. Do they offer the 10-drink card on most ships?

I believe the card is now common on most ships, but it may not show up on every cruise.

I think that your memory may be faulty. They always add the 18% onto the advertised price.

Not so on our recent cruise on Serenade. The advertised price was $85. I was told if I purchased it, the 18% would be added at the time of purchase, making it around $100.

Just got off the Oct. 1st sailing on Oasis today. We bought the drink card on day 4. 18% was added to the asking price of $79. We asked the bartender at the Trellis bar what would happen if we wanted a $15 drink and he said to just ask the bartender to put a cheaper brand alcohol in the drink. We tried doing just that at Boleros and it worked.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Forums mobile app

Here's a question!

Does anyone know the facts of the rules on the drink cards? Meaning, can one buy a drink card on one ship/cruise and then use it on another cruise later?

I've not tried otherwise, but we have been told that the card is only good on the cruise on which it is purchased.