"10 Drink Cards" question

bsjcb2000

4 hours ago, pghflyer said:

Do these still exist?  Particularly on shorter cruises (ex. Grandeur 5 night Bermuda out of Baltimore)?

Yes, but there's no guarantee that they will be for sale on any particular sailing.

• Like 1

Thanks all. Wonder what weird metrics they are crunching to make these decisions? Once we return, I will post back if / when they had it available.  $579 for two for 5 nights was just more than we could reasonably drink and enjoy the cruise, so the card provided a nice alternative.  If it doesn't work out, drink special of the day will be our ticket I suppose.

2 minutes ago, pghflyer said:

Thanks all. Wonder what weird metrics they are crunching to make these decisions? Once we return, I will post back if / when they had it available.  $579 for two for 5 nights was just more than we could reasonably drink and enjoy the cruise, so the card provided a nice alternative.  If it doesn't work out, drink special of the day will be our ticket I suppose.

Remember as said isn't usually offered until about Day 5 on shorter cruise, seen day 8-9 on 10-12 niters. Not offered on every Cruise, only when Alcohol sales are low on that sailing to make a quota

• Like 1

On 10/6/2017 at 3:29 PM, Merion_Mom said:

No.

Not on all ships. Not on all voyages. It's serendipitous. Best course of action is to ask at the bars. Ask and ask and ask.

^^this - We always picks a bar and stick with them throughout the cruise. Make friends with the bartenders and waiters. We were on the Oasis a couple of years ago and they gave us all kinds of good info by the 4th day.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cpl100 said:

This is good information for those of us who drink sparingly.  Thanks.

Does anyone have specific information about this card on transatlantics?  We will be on one in October.

Transatlantics tend to have a high number of Diamond and above passengers who get nightly free drinks which would make me think bar sales might not be high and the drink cards would be offered. That said, I just did a TA last month on Brilliance and don’t remember seeing the drink card offered.

• Like 1

It was offered on my 9 night Anthem cruise that just ended.  I don't remember what day, but it was late in the cruise.  Three days left?  Sounds about right.  And I could easily have missed the notice in the Cruise Compass.  I just happened to see it.

19 hours ago, BonnieSte said:

Isn't that what the little heart is to the right of the post? Do they not see the like?

Yes it is, I just placed the pointer on my laptop over the icon on the far right, and it was described as a Like. Even with my limited eyesight-Legally Blind so only 10% vision in my good eye, I could work out how to find it. I shall know for the future, THANK YOU BonnieSte!

We purchased the 10 beers for $49 card on our TA on Jewel of the Seas last November. 

I don’t think the 10 drinks was offered but it would just be that we decided not to grab it since we just used OBC for drinks here and there. 

Anyone had had experience with any of the cards on Explorer of the Seas? That will be our next ship. We will have 8 consecutive sea days so I think there will be a lot of promos. 

Edited by Chimamashouse