NCL Lost my room?

telutel

I booked a cabin on the Escape for a cruise in January. I have a confirmation from NCL with my cabin number on it. I was just browsing the price on a different web site, when I noticed that my cabin number was available.

I called NCL first thing this morning to ask what is going on, and my room is now belonging to different people. WTH?

All they could do was to give me a different room, and tell me that it was a computer error.

I'm not too happy right now... grrr

You have confirmation that you "owned" the room prior to the other people booking it. Why are you the one who is put out? NCL should call these other people, apologize and explain the computer error and have them choose a different room. You had the booking first. I would callback and try to speak to a supervisor.

Ask to escalate to a higher level of management.

I have seen this happen before and the cruise lines generally don't like to tell someone else they are being bumped out. You will have to be fairly demanding. In the end they may try to offer some additional OBC or something to get you to accept the error. But you should either get that cabin back or something else for their error.

I booked a cabin on the Escape for a cruise in January. I have a confirmation from NCL with my cabin number on it. I was just browsing the price on a different web site, when I noticed that my cabin number was available.

I called NCL first thing this morning to ask what is going on, and my room is now belonging to different people. WTH?

All they could do was to give me a different room, and tell me that it was a computer error.

and why would you be happy. This is one time I would take this up with someone higher up. If you can't get your original cabin back there should be some sort of compensation. That is awful. This happened to us a couple of cruises ago. Thank God for a sharp travel agent. She called to inquite about something and learned our reservation had been cancelled. NCL gave us a better cabing and was able to re-book us except we were not going to get the 3 UDP only the 2. For us, that was fine as we are platinum and get free dinners anyway. I sure hope you can work something out. :confused:

The "computer error" excuse should affect the second person who was able to book a room confirmed to a first person.

You need to make them clearly understand this very simple and basic concept in a reasonable, calm, concise manner. Phrased like this:

"How is it reasonable that I have a confirmation for Cabin XXXX dated MM/DD/YYYY and you are giving preference to someone who booked that cabin after that date?".

The response, if as I expect it to be, will be hilarious.

I agree with prior posts. The error should be applicable to the second booking, not the first. I would escalate the matter as a matter of right.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This presumes the OP booked first. Given the booking error it is not out of the realm of possibility that other errors have been committed and someone else, (not necessarily the current holder), booked first.

This presumes the OP booked first. Given the booking error it is not out of the realm of possibility that other errors have been committed and someone else, (not necessarily the current holder), booked first.

Agree with the above (it is unknown who actually booked first). Plus, what's to stop NCL from just claiming that "Oh, that person booked 5 minutes before you did..." even if it isn't true?

Which stateroom was booked? Maybe there is a better alternative on Escape....

This is the person you need to contact

Vivian Ewart| Vice President, Passenger Services

North America and China

vewart@ncl.com

305-436-4011 | fax 305-436-4036

NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE

7665 Corporate Center Drive | Miami FL 33126

Don't be afraid to ask for more either, such as if you are in an inside ask for an OV. In an OV ask for a balcony etc, take a peek and see what cabins are available in the new class first. The worse they can say is no and be sure to phrase it in a way such as "instead of making the other people move this is what would work for me and keep me happy, so how about moving me to a balcony for my trouble?" Again like others have said be firm and polite but not rude and express how disappointed and upset you are that this happened.

This is the person you need to contact

Vivian Ewart| Vice President, Passenger Services

North America and China

vewart@ncl.com

305-436-4011 | fax 305-436-4036

NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE

7665 Corporate Center Drive | Miami FL 33126

If you call be sure to follow up with an email so there is a paper trail. List what was discussed etc.

NCL should be willing to contact both parties and offer some sort of compensation to request that one of them switch. They should offer the affected passengers a choice between perks such as higher category room, OBC, a dining package or a drink package. It seems possible that one set of the two booked passengers would be happy to move for one of those perks. You shouldn't lose your confirmed room without getting some perk in compensation. It's their mistake, and they should try to do something to try to compensate for it.

Before contacting NCL, decide first what you want and what would make it work for you. I always decide what I want from a negotiation before beginning . That way, you can stay calm and focused. Practice what you want to say so you can stay on point. " I appreciate your position but a ...fill in the blank..would resolve this issue for us".

Recently sent email to NCL regarding an issue. I included that an OBC would be a satisfactory solution. Received it in response email from NCL.

Now I have a decent OBC for our cruise in February.

Agree with the above (it is unknown who actually booked first). Plus, what's to stop NCL from just claiming that "Oh, that person booked 5 minutes before you did..." even if it isn't true?

Which stateroom was booked? Maybe there is a better alternative on Escape....

this is very true, but regardless an error was made and it is up to NCL to make amends in some way.

Of course the other side ot the coin; is the new assigned cabin a bad one? is there some reason you have to have the first one? If not, I guess no real harm has been done. Yes, check your on line reservation and see what the number of your cabin is.

Edited by newmexicoNita

Before you call I would check and make sure your room wasn't "upgraded." I had something happen to me where our cabin was moved to below lido deck because it was an "upgrade." I didn't think the location was nearly as desirable but it was a higher deck and I hadn't marked our reservation "no upgrades." In the end we got some OBC for it but we didn't find out till we were on the ship.

So their official response was they checked into the logs of the booking, and found that it wasn't a person who made the change, but it was the computer that reassigned the room. They gave me a choice, that I could choose a different room, and one opened up, so that was OK. They offered me $50 OBC to take the new room, or they could call the other people and offer them the $50 OBC to give that room back to us. We decided to just take the new room and the $50. Originally all the rooms in that category were gone, so happy one opened up! We are staying in a large picture window right at the front of the Escape. I hope we like it!

So their official response was they checked into the logs of the booking, and found that it wasn't a person who made the change, but it was the computer that reassigned the room. They gave me a choice, that I could choose a different room, and one opened up, so that was OK. They offered me $50 OBC to take the new room, or they could call the other people and offer them the $50 OBC to give that room back to us. We decided to just take the new room and the $50. Originally all the rooms in that category were gone, so happy one opened up! We are staying in a large picture window right at the front of the Escape. I hope we like it!

Glad it worked out and you got something for the trouble. And thanks for telling us how it resolved!

P.S. Computers only do what people tell them to do. Somebody released the room. They just aren't telling!

Glad it worked out and you got something for the trouble. And thanks for telling us how it resolved!

P.S. Computers only do what people tell them to do. Somebody released the room. They just aren't telling!

They are now making computers so lifelike that if one makes a mistake, such as this, that the computer blames the computer next to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is no paper with email.

:confused::confused::confused:

Emails can be printed out for a paper trail. Phone calls can't.

Excatly.

paper trail

n. InformalA series of documents providing evidence of one's actions: