Neptune help

a.madruga

We're cruising on NA in April and doing a Neptune suite. What are the many perks or benefits...thanks for all help and great cruising to all
Go to HAL's home page, scroll down to light blue background with 4 columns and look in column under Plan a Cruise (not under the plan a cruise search window -a little lower) and click on e-Brochures. Open the Cruise Atlas brochure and look on page 13 or 14. I does a good good job of breaking out the perks. There's a wealth of info on that site - go explore.

Go to HAL's home page, scroll down to light blue background with 4 columns and look in column under Plan a Cruise (not under the plan a cruise search window -a little lower) and click on e-Brochures. Open the Cruise Atlas brochure and look on page 13 or 14. I does a good good job of breaking out the perks. There's a wealth of info on that site - go explore.

thanks

a.madruga here ya go:-

Neptune Suite Amenities include:

• New Bose® Bluetooth-enabled Soundlink
  • New complimentary mimosas with in-suite breakfast
  • New premium duvet, and soft, cotton bathrobes and slippers
  • New binoculars for use during voyage
  • New expanded line of Elemis bath amenities
  • New in-suite coffee and espresso machine
  • Neptune Lounge:
    A very special amenity exclusively for guests cruising in a Neptune or Pinnacle Suite, the industry-leading Neptune Lounge features a private place to relax, socialize with other suite guests and enjoy the personalized service of a concierge. The fleet-wide lounges provide worktables, large screen television, library, sofas and chairs, refreshments throughout the day and wi-fi for a small charge. One-Touch 24-hour Concierge Service is available when the Neptune Lounge is closed.

Also, you can go to the Pinnacle Grill for a nice quiet breakfast! :) I don't see it mentioned but when I stayed in one we had unlimited free laundry, afternoon tea delivered to your room and hors d'oeuvres

a.madruga here ya go:-

Neptune Suite Amenities include:

• New Bose® Bluetooth-enabled Soundlink
  • New complimentary mimosas with in-suite breakfast
  • New premium duvet, and soft, cotton bathrobes and slippers
  • New binoculars for use during voyage
  • New expanded line of Elemis bath amenities
  • New in-suite coffee and espresso machine
  • Neptune Lounge:
    A very special amenity exclusively for guests cruising in a Neptune or Pinnacle Suite, the industry-leading Neptune Lounge features a private place to relax, socialize with other suite guests and enjoy the personalized service of a concierge. The fleet-wide lounges provide worktables, large screen television, library, sofas and chairs, refreshments throughout the day and wi-fi for a small charge. One-Touch 24-hour Concierge Service is available when the Neptune Lounge is closed.

Also, you can go to the Pinnacle Grill for a nice quiet breakfast! :)

Oh my, I just love marketing speak! This is one place (suites) that HAL is behind others, sometimes, way behind.

Our first HA cruise was in a Neptune Suite and the one we're doing next month is in a Neptune Suite. We really enjoyed it, especially the extra space. It was also nice to go to the lounge for treats/coffee, etc. during the day. I also found the Concierge there very helpful. I was charged incorrectly for two visits to the hairdresser (I never set foot inside the salon), on the last day and I just went to him, and he took care of for me. He also arranged to have a bottle of bubbly we had in our room and not drank delivered to the Pinnacle for our dinner. You also get on the ship first, which was nice. It is a treat.

The concierges will take care of nearly everyting for you. Reservations in specialty dining, shore excursions, issues, whatever. No need to go to the front desk.

A good concierge is a real plus :D

[*]Neptune Lounge:

The fleet-wide lounges provide worktables, large screen television, library, sofas and chairs, refreshments throughout the day and wi-fi for a small charge.

I’m currently in a Neptune Suite on the Nieuw Amsterdam and the Neptune Lounge doesn’t have a “library”. I had to ask for HAL cruise brochures since other than the daily “newspapers” there is NOTHING to read, not even “O” magazine. The concierge told me that headquarters (or he might have said corporate) is no longer allowing reading material in the Neptune Lounge! That’s true on the Nieuw Amsterdam -- no paperback exchange, no travel guides, no coffee table books, no magazines, no HAL cruise brochures, no nothing. I’m very disappointed that these types of reading material are no longer in the Neptune Lounge. Are other Neptune Lounges now anti-reading rooms, too?

And the paperback exchange in Crow’s Nest is 99.9% German. There have been three or four English paperback books but they’ve been sci-fi/vampire books. And yes, I have an iPad loaded with ebooks but very much prefer paperbacks.

I’m currently in a Neptune Suite on the Nieuw Amsterdam and the Neptune Lounge doesn’t have a “library”. I had to ask for HAL cruise brochures since other than the daily “newspapers” there is NOTHING to read, not even “O” magazine. The concierge told me that headquarters (or he might have said corporate) is no longer allowing reading material in the Neptune Lounge! That’s true on the Nieuw Amsterdam -- no paperback exchange, no travel guides, no coffee table books, no magazines, no HAL cruise brochures, no nothing. I’m very disappointed that these types of reading material are no longer in the Neptune Lounge. Are other Neptune Lounges now anti-reading rooms, too?

And the paperback exchange in Crow’s Nest is 99.9% German. There have been three or four English paperback books but they’ve been sci-fi/vampire books. And yes, I have an iPad loaded with ebooks but very much prefer paperbacks.

Wow, I am surprised to hear this. N Amsterdam didn't have any type of extensive library per se when we were on, but there were lots of magazines, etc. In the Neptune Lounge.

We were on the Rotterdam which does have a nice little library, tons of magazines, etc. Hopefully your experience is a one off.

Am very disappointed that no reading material will be in the Neptune Lounges.

It's a very strange decision from HAL.

Think it was on Noordam, there was a lower drawer containing books.

I have already posted this in another thread but will ask here too. The one thing that we've always had when staying in a Neptune suite is complimentary laundry and dry cleaning. In fact, this past New Years we were on the Eurodam and had the benefit of laundry, etc. I have read the amenities offered and did not see this, so it made me think they have discontinued it. Could someone please advise me. Thank you so much.

I have already posted this in another thread but will ask here too. The one thing that we've always had when staying in a Neptune suite is complimentary laundry and dry cleaning. In fact, this past New Years we were on the Eurodam and had the benefit of laundry, etc. I have read the amenities offered and did not see this, so it made me think they have discontinued it. Could someone please advise me. Thank you so much.

Yes complimentary laundry, dry cleaning & pressing is included for Neptune Suites. I checked the amenity list as well and it is there :D

Yes complimentary laundry, dry cleaning & pressing is included for Neptune Suites. I checked the amenity list as well and it is there :D

Yes, it is there, but sometimes you have to search two different places to find it. If you look under the specific ship, Neptune Lounge, it will be there. But if you look under the website (I can't remember the route, at the moment) which describes "Signature ships and Suites", laundry is not listed. Hal's website leave something to be desired.

/quote]

Did the concierge give an explanation for corporate's latest innovation?

I just used the free laundry service for Neptune Suite folks two weeks ago on the Amsterdam (14-day Great Alaska Explorer September 11-25).

I know this isn’t the place for this question, but we cannot understand why the complimentary mimosa is only for in-suite breakfast. Why can’t you get it in the Pinnacle too?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have no idea. I was so tempted to order room service just for the mimosa on one of our sea days and take it to the PG. But of course, DH wouldn't have it :loudcry::')

I think it's because it is on the room service menu and the stuff that is "extra" for others is free for NS category & above. Who knows? HAL is not always logical.

The Neptune Suites are nice, I like the breakfast at the pinnacle grill, the laundry and pressing perk, priority boarding...the real perk for me is I the view that I get from the aft Neptune suites with the wraparound balcony!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In case, when you were reading the Holland America web site you didn't see the information re: Nep tune Suites, here is a lilnk , click the tabs that interest you on that page.

https://www.hollandamerica.com/pageByName/Resp.action?requestPage=ships_suites_staterooms&showHeader=true&