Is there any incentive now to book 9 months in advance

pinklady65

In the old latitudes system you would get extra points for book 9 months ahead of the cruise. I know this has now ended but do NCL offer any incentive to purchase well in advance. I thought I read that you could apply 2 cruisenext deposits if you booked this far in advance but can't seem to find it now only the current offer until 15 October.

Thanks in advance for any insight anyone can provide

I must have dreamt about the x2 cruise next deposit!

The US site was showing a deal to use two certificates when you booked a balcony or higher 6 mos out. It may have ended, but I did last see it sometime in Sept. or Aug.

https://www.ncl.com/popup/cruisenext_terms Sept 22- Oct 1. That promo didn't state 6 mos out. I missed it. There was another which may be available.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

A question about the double points that the OP brought up....

We booked a cruise a year in advance when NCL was still offering double points. This cruise is for this coming December. Will we be entitled to the double points since it was the offer when we made the booking or will they only offer us the single points since the policy changed prior to us actually taking the cruise?

The ability to use two CruiseNext certificates on balconies and above if booking six months or longer out is no longer just a limited time promo. On our recent September Escape the CruiseNext agent on board said it is a permanent change. It was also printed on their literature at the desk and that they sent to our rooms. I'm making it a habit to buy two certificates each cruise and plan ahead.

Just called a few days ago and booked our first Bliss cruise with two certificates:cool:

I went to the link posted above and I am confused. I used two certificates on Oct 2nd to book my Bliss cruise. And as I stated above, on my September cruise I was told this is a permanent change. Not sure why they have listed you can only do this until Oct 1st in there T&Cs (copied below), but I know it still worked on Oct 2nd.

CRUISENEXT PROMOTIONS

Apply two of your Cruise Reward, CruiseNext or CruiseNext Haven deposits to your next eligible cruise when you book a balcony or above stateroom.

When you book in a balcony or higher stateroom, you can apply two Cruise Reward, CruiseNext or CruiseNext Haven deposits to your reservation.*

Booking Window: 9/22/17 4pm – 10/01/17 11:59pm EST

A question about the double points that the OP brought up....

We booked a cruise a year in advance when NCL was still offering double points. This cruise is for this coming December. Will we be entitled to the double points since it was the offer when we made the booking or will they only offer us the single points since the policy changed prior to us actually taking the cruise?

In my experience you SHOULD get the double points, but don't quote me on it.

--Michael

I went to the link posted above and I am confused. I used two certificates on Oct 2nd to book my Bliss cruise. And as I stated above, on my September cruise I was told this is a permanent change. Not sure why they have listed you can only do this until Oct 1st in there T&Cs (copied below), but I know it still worked on Oct 2nd.

CRUISENEXT PROMOTIONS

Apply two of your Cruise Reward, CruiseNext or CruiseNext Haven deposits to your next eligible cruise when you book a balcony or above stateroom.

When you book in a balcony or higher stateroom, you can apply two Cruise Reward, CruiseNext or CruiseNext Haven deposits to your reservation.*

Booking Window: 9/22/17 4pm – 10/01/17 11:59pm EST

You have company being confused..... on May 2017 cruise it advertised the 2x was a permanent change and now it seems to have disappeared from their T&Cs.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

I agree with numersguy, you should get the double points from what I remember reading when the changes came about.

Also I see that a lot of cruises show up in the latitudes rewards newsletter giving you double points for booking cruises listed there.

In my experience you SHOULD get the double points, but don't quote me on it.

--Michael

It depends on the date you booked. We booked ours 9+ months out but the day AFTER they changed the policy. We sail Oct 21. If you booked in December you should get double, but I don’t remember if the cutoff date was in January or February.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I agree with numersguy, you should get the double points from what I remember reading when the changes came about.

Also I see that a lot of cruises show up in the latitudes rewards newsletter giving you double points for booking cruises listed there.

If they only offer me single points, I am going to call NCL and quote "Numersguy" and say he told me I get double points.;p

It depends on the date you booked. We booked ours 9+ months out but the day AFTER they changed the policy. We sail Oct 21. If you booked in December you should get double, but I don’t remember if the cutoff date was in January or February.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We booked the cruise on December 28th, 2016 for our sailing date of December 28th, 2017. With what I have heard from posters here, I hope to get my double points. Thanks for your input.

Thanks everyone, unfortunately we aren't able to cancel in the UK and I agree you do tend to get the best price. I must have dreamt about the x2 cruise next deposit!

It used to be that (for UKers) cruises booked for sailings in Europe only - you could apply 2 x cruise deposits. The rep Kimberly on board kind of threw us a lie on that one - She said to us "Oh you are in the UK - you can use 2 x cruise deposits).. She didn't add "when sailing in Europe".

Still its a great deal. Also, as yes, as you say we lose deposits as soon as we place them if we cancel. My feelings are now "its only a $125 dollar risk" - I bought $1000 worth for $500 making it 4 x $125 deposits.

Instead of laying out per person - its one voucher per cabin per cruise - so that's a $125 dollar deposit. Not so much to lose if we are undecided about a cruise but want to grab a deal.

I don't know if the "2 credits per cabin" rule still applies for Euro sailings - haven't checked.