Heading to Costa Rica in Feb. I cannot find anything that looks fun?

screamin400

Taking the Reflection to Costa Rica in Feb. It appears that I cannot find a singe excursion that I like. Best one so far is the Train, Boat, Bus adventure but can find very little about that. I watch youtube to see what the excursions look like and find almost nothing. I am thinking just staying in the port? I prefer excursions provided by Celebrity. Thanks folks.

Taking the Reflection to Costa Rica in Feb. It appears that I cannot find a singe excursion that I like. Best one so far is the Train, Boat, Bus adventure but can find very little about that. I watch youtube to see what the excursions look like and find almost nothing. I am thinking just staying in the port? I prefer excursions provided by Celebrity. Thanks folks.

Not a Celebrity tour, but we did this 2 years ago and loved it!

http://www.tortuguero-wildlife.com/en/tortuguero-wildlife-tours.htm

Not much offered through Celebrity. :(

We did a wildlife tour with Jorge Romirez Moral through our Roll Call and really enjoyed it. We also took a boat ride down the Tortuguero canal and then had a wonderful oceanside lunch together as part of the tour.

Wildlife Resue place that we visited - www.jaguarrescue.foundation

Guide - www.portlimon.com/about/testi Email: jorgel.cr@hotmail.com

A few years ago, we did the Tortuguera canals cruise...amazing wildlife..

We also noticed that the boat used by X tour company was sturdier, with some shade compared to some of the other pvt tours.

The boat part of the tour started in one location...and concluded elsewhere for the bus..buy souveniers at first stop..if it's the same tour.

Costa Rica is a beautiful place......would be a shame to miss out, but a tour of some sort is the best way to go to really see anything.

The actual port area and surroundings...rough!

We did a celebrity tour to the Sloth sanctuary. I loved it and was one of the best cruise line provided excursions we’ve been on. It helped that we were in a minibus rather than a typical coach so the small group made it feel more personal. We learnt a lot and had an interesting canoe ride through the sanctuary to see some of the other wildlife.

A few years ago, we did the Tortuguera canals cruise...amazing wildlife..

We also noticed that the boat used by X tour company was sturdier, with some shade compared to some of the other pvt tours.

The boat part of the tour started in one location...and concluded elsewhere for the bus..buy souveniers at first stop..if it's the same tour.

Costa Rica is a beautiful place......would be a shame to miss out, but a tour of some sort is the best way to go to really see anything.

The actual port area and surroundings...rough!

Was any of this done with a train also? You tube has nothing

Just got back from a Panama cruise. We participated in a Gio Tour - 8 in 1 in Puntarenas, CR . It was great! I set it up ahead of time via our Roll Call. It is one of the best excursions I've ever done - and reasonable price too!

Was any of this done with a train also? You tube has nothing

The one we took did not have a train component...bus pick up at port, nice ride with guided tour, stopped at an outpost...bathrooms, coffee, nature oriented tee shirts, local crafts for sale etc. Then onto the tour boat...then back to a small pier area and back to a bus,,sane guides throughout..

Amazing nature, animals etc throughout...was awhile ago so I do not know what they offer now...but cruising the canals was worthwhile

Why. There are lots of great private tours available in Costa Rica.

DON

We visited Costa Rica on a sailing cruise and had some wonderful excursions! A lot depends on which coast you dock on, Caribbean or Pacific. Country isn't too big but roads aren't great between coasts so your excursions could be limited.

San Jose is a very interesting place for a walking tour. There's a very nice museum, theater,butterfly farm, and history.

Also the National Parks like Manuel Antonio are absolutely stunning. Beaches on Pacific side are exquisite. The tour of the coffee plantation was very interesting and the coffee and chocolate were delicious. and there's always zip lining!! We did a tram tour of the canopy, which was nice but I wouldn't recommend it because it was mostly boring. I tried to find excursions on X website but new web page isn't as easy to navigate as old one.

DON

Here's a good reason for some ports...esp when you can't easily get back to the port on your own. (your post jogged my memory)

On the Celeb excursion I mentioned in Costa Rica, the comfy A/C bus lost power.. and broke down on the way back to port, on a jungle road in the middle of who knows where...No A/C either! Company sent a replacement bus and we were assured ship would not sail without us

. Have had a few other situations over the yrs where this connection to X and guarantee has come in handy.

Here's a good reason for some ports...esp when you can't easily get back to the port on your own. (your post jogged my memory)

On the Celeb excursion I mentioned in Costa Rica, the comfy A/C bus lost power.. and broke down on the way back to port, on a jungle road in the middle of who knows where...No A/C either! Company sent a replacement bus and we were assured ship would not sail without us

. Have had a few other situations over the yrs where this connection to X and guarantee has come in handy.

I think we might have been on the same cruise! Panama Canal..Infinity.....April, 2013?

Which port of call do you have in Costa Rica?

I think we might have been on the same cruise! Panama Canal..Infinity.....April, 2013?

Can't recall but the cruise we were on was a partial transit...I think Infinity goes all the way across..Did you do the Tortuguero Canals or did your bus break down?

While on the Equinox a few years ago, we did the X canal, train, bus tour which did a very interesting stop at a Dole banana plantation. It was a very good tour.
We also did this tour and had a good time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Iamthesea indicated a tour with Jorge Ramirez at the below address. I heartily give him a "two-thumbs up" review. He took us to the Tortoguero canal to see all sorts of wildlife (including sloths, monkeys, and exotic birds). His canal tour had our small group of 5 on a private boat, while everyone else on the cruise was boarding 50-60 passenger boats. We also saw a banana plantations, stopped at some fresh fruit stands for real coconut milk, a wonderful lunch at a seaside restaurant (where Jorge dined with us and translated everything). Finally, he took us to a grocery store in Limon where the locals by their own Costa Rican coffee at "locals" prices. We had such a good time that we "Facebook friended" at the end of the tour, and we had the privilege of meeting him here in the states a couple years ago. Such a great guy, and passionate about Costa Rica. Anytime we go back (and we want to!), he will our guide. If you do use his services, tell him "hi" from Dale and Brenda in Phoenix, AZ. His site is below...

http://www.portlimon.com/about/testi

(quote) I prefer excursions provided by Celebrity. Thanks folks.

DON

Not everyone wants to do a private excursion. I travelled solo on my B2B last January on the Equinox. Most of the roll call tours were walks in the rain forest, private flights etc. that I did not think I would want to do or felt I could not keep up with the group. Also -- I am not interested in starting private excursions.

I took a Celebrity excursion which was the Train-Boat-Bus Adventure (PL02 4.5 hours) and I enjoyed the tour.:)

the OP said that they preferred ship excursions and asked for suggestions. There is no reason to question why they did not want to take a private tour.

Different strokes for different folks - some do ship tours and others private tours.

We visited Costa Rica a few years back on a Royal Caribbean cruise. We did a zip line canopy tour in the rain forest and it was phenomenal. 12 zips between 13 different platforms. Some long and slow so you could really take in the scenery; others short/steep/fast for a thrill. We saw tree sloths, howler monkeys, toucans and more. If you're adventurous I highly recommend it!

We also did the Celebrity canal boat trip....it really was excellent. Lots of cappuccino monkeys, toucans, tiny frogs, Jesus lizards and even a sloth...

Our boat had a canopy (good for sun and rain), many boats didn’t....If you do a private tour worth checking.