best foods on Princess

Cancruizer

There are also some very good desserts at the International Cafe which I don’t see elsewhere on the ship. We sometimes skip dessert in the dining room and have it at the International cafe along with a good cup of coffee. My absolute favorite is the chocolate and white chocolate mousse cups.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We really enjoyed two different "cerviche" appitizers on the Grand last year. I was kind of surprised as it was mass produced and sooo good!

Another dish I loved was the "Belgium Waffles" served from the Ice cream station just outside the buffet. I don't know what they use for the batter but they're delicious.

There are also some very good desserts at the International Cafe which I don’t see elsewhere on the ship. We sometimes skip dessert in the dining room and have it at the International cafe along with a good cup of coffee. My absolute favorite is the chocolate and white chocolate mousse cups.

They also have chocolate and peanut butter mousse cups that are wonderful. I often prefer to have dessert a few hours after dinner and the IC is the best place to go. (That’s why if I’m booking interior, I book Plaza Deck rooms on the older ships!)

Barramundi is a well known thick white flesh fish caught in Australian waters. It is sweet and delicious fresh fish heaven especially if fried in a light beer batter. Fisherpeople in our country prize their catch of Barra. It is not to be confused with some of the fish that Asians call baramundi. If you get a real one you'll know the difference.
good on ya mate. Aussie Aussie oi oi !

Do you pay for everything you eat at the International Café? We've never tried it.

There's no extra charge for the food items at the IC, except for gelato on those ships that have it.

Chicken salad at the IC: yum.

Chocolate chip cookies: even yummier.

cheesecake was shockingly excellent and i regret not getting a 2nd..3rd..stashing them in my fridge

• 7 months later...

Some of my favorite Princess foods (besides the twice baked goat cheese soufflé) include:

Chicken korma, on the MDR lunch menu. They bring out this giant platter of condiments to dress up your curry.

Vegetarian pumpkin entree served on the same menu with the beef wellington. It is divine. I would rather eat it than a dessert any day.

Cuban sandwiches in the IC

Ship-made ice cream in the MDR. They have several flavors every lunch and dinner. You can just go in and order dessert, too.

Fresh fruit salads and cocktails, on the breakfast, lunch and dinner MDR menus. The flavors are not mixed together too crazy and they cut and present the fruit so beautifully. I often ordered a fruit salad from the dinner appetizer menu as a dessert. I also liked that some of them came with fresh mint or lemon peel or something like that as an enhancement.

Cold fruit soups listed as appetizers on the dinner MDR menus--not something I ever make or eat at home, but they are very tasty. Again, a good choice for dessert.

Oatmeal in the MDR for breakfast. They bring hot milk and condiments. You can also order banana.

Bagels & Lox in the MDR for breakfast--the presentation is so pretty. You can ask for a half portion and get just half a bagel and all the same toppings.

Ploughman's Lunch at the pub lunch. One half of our pair gets fish & chips and the other gets the Ploughman's lunch. This is a platter with British cheese, some sort of meat spread, bread, pickles, and some accompaniments. Sort of like British-style tapas. We then share the two entrees.

Vegetables! In the MDR, asking for extra vegetables yielded big beautiful bowls of a variety of steamed vegetables. My husband & I both love vegetables and sometimes found we weren't getting enough as side dishes. This trick was a game changer for us.

I am in the camp that their desserts are prettier than they taste, but I am partial to my own baking.

apparently, there is no Parmesan bowl Alfredo anymore...

We enjoyed it in April of 2016 on Regal, but in Nov 2016 it was absolutely horrible on Caribbean princess.

No, there is not. But the Alfredo is still really good!

The goat cheese souffle is amazing!

Also the Black and Blue onion soup in the Crown Grill is delish!!

Edited by suzyed

We were having breakfast on the last day with friends, who had done the driving. We usually don't eat the last morning -- too depressing and stressful.

She said we absolutely had to have the James Beard french toast --- french toast is not something mass-producing kitchens would normally do well, but we ordered it on her instance. It was incredible.

We leave next week on the Ruby and I'm already looking forward to the last morning (I'm told they usually have on some other days as well - we'll be watching for it) :D

2Q==

Oh yeah!! Forgot about the French Toast...this is the first time I didn't have it.

It is on the lunch menu as a "brunch" item on the left side of the menu at the top!

Do you pay for everything you eat at the International Café? We've never tried it.

You pay for nothing! Unless you get gelato, everything else is free! The shirimp salad on the coissant is very good!

Oh yeah!! Forgot about the French Toast...this is the first time I didn't have it.

I love that french toast! On our 12/17 Regal sailing I asked about it early on even though it wasn't on the breakfast menu. They came back and said they would have no issues making it for me so I enjoyed it a few of the mornings.

I usually love the dessert souffles but, apart from the embarkation day lunch one which was as good as ever, all the rest were stodgy and tasted undercooked. They certainly weren't the light fluffy souffles I expected. I stopped ordering them halfway through the 22 night cruise.

I think it depends on who the chefs are on each particular cruise. I have dishes that I've raved over on one cruise that have been at best ordinary, and at worst very disappointing, on other cruises. It isn't as consistent as it should be.

So far they haven't stuffed up the escargot or the onion soup (both MDR and black and blue versions) yet.

Love the Souffles and Creme Brulee...however am sometimes so stuffed after dinner I can't eat a dessert.

Also love that salmon is always available as it is my favorite fish. We usually enjoy most of the fish and seafood entrees.

Husband loves his ceasar salad every night.

Sounds like we need to try the goat cheese souffle.

Oh, and we think Princess has the Best Dinner Rolls!...hard not to eat just one!

we love the smoked duck breast- its usually on the same night as the stilton cheese mouse and if you combine those two things they are amazing- the first cruise we had tat as an appetizer and ended up ordering it for dessert! I also love the Burnt rhubarb napoleon with the nectarine ice cream- yummy!