Celebrity Luggage Valet Review

JonnyCT81

LUGGAGE VALET QUESTION

We used Luggage Valet Nov 2017 for the first time and LOVED it.

We flew with United from Miami to Toronto (Canada)

I want to book a qualifying flight for our cruise Dec 2018 and when I called Celebrity they said that this service was only available for flights in the US. Has it changed ???

We could fly from Buffalo, NY USA if this is the only option but Toronto is closer.

She also said that the window for flights in Miami was 11:00am - midnight - I thought it was 2:00pm

It sounded like the person at Celebrity was simply reading from their information and did not really know anything about it.

I understood the details to be as follows:

FLIGHTS FROM MIAMI

2:00pm - 11:59pm American, Delta (domestic only) and United

FLIGHTS FROM FT LAUDERDALE

11:30 - 11:59pm -- American, Delta (domestic only), Jet Blue, United

11:30 - 6:00pm -- Southwest

I look forward to ANY information from anyone who recently used this service or is sailing in the near future and can find out.

Thanks!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for posting the information. We have yet to be able to make use of this service for one reason or another. Maybe we will for our upcoming Jan cruise out of Port Everglades.

Ok, I just have a couple of questions on this subject. Do you have to use Celebrity flights? and Is there a fee if you are a suites passenger? This sounds like a great program and I am hoping I can use it on my upcoming Equinox cruise.

It hasn’t been mentioned here, so just to clarify, this is not a celebrity program; it’s not Celebrity’s luggage valet program. It’s an independent contractor that has an arrangement with Celebrity, as well as other cruise lines as well. Just saying this to make sure no one either blames or gives too much credit to Celebrity for doing this. I don’t see this as a problem, and Celebrity actually makes a little money on this, but that’s cool, because it’s the only way to go. I’ve used it over 15 times and never has an issue!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Luggage Valet is on a limited basis: you have to be flying on a limited pool of airlines (we were flying AA), and you have to be leaving out of MIA or FLL. The service costs $25 per person, plus any baggage fees that are charged by your airline.

I believe luggage valet is also available in Seattle.

Regarding the $25 pp fee from Celebrity for this service. Twice now we have had one single suitcase for the two of us. I objected to being charged $25 pp when there was only one piece of luggage. Both times Celebrity waived the $25 fee for the second person and we were charged $25 total for this service (+ what the airline charges). Even though we only paid the one $25 fee to Celebrity, on both occasions they printed out both our airline boarding passes and delivered them to our room. So if you have fewer suitcases than passengers, ask if they will waive the $25 fee for any extra people.

I believe luggage valet is also available in Seattle.

Regarding the $25 pp fee from Celebrity for this service. Twice now we have had one single suitcase for the two of us. I objected to being charged $25 pp when there was only one piece of luggage. Both times Celebrity waived the $25 fee for the second person and we were charged $25 total for this service (+ what the airline charges). Even though we only paid the one $25 fee to Celebrity, on both occasions they printed out both our airline boarding passes and delivered them to our room. So if you have fewer suitcases than passengers, ask if they will waive the $25 fee for any extra people.

Yes it is available in Seattle. The Seattle port provides it for free, presumably as an incentive to draw more cruises.

• 2 months later...

Another satisfied Luggage Valet user.

We used it out of Miami once and FLL twice with Delta. Worked as advertised.

We will use it again when available.

Used luggage valet when we went to Alaska. OP is absolutely correct on procedure. We went cross country from Seattle to Miami. It was great not having to take our bags with us thru the Airport. All baggage was waiting for us when we landed in Miami. Definitely will use them again.

If disembarking from PortEverglades:

FLL - - Flights after 11:30am

MIA - - Flights after 1:30pm

If disembarking from the Portof Miami:

MIA - - Flights after 11:30am

FLL - - Flights after 1:30pm

Also Seattle on the West Coast.

• 1 year later...

Be careful what you put in your valet bags- we used it from Miami in February of 2019 and our luggage was left in Miami in a warehouse. Don’t pack anything you need first thing Monday morning when reality rears it’s ugly head and you have to go back to work😞. We got our luggage delivered by Fedex on Wednesday from our Sunday flight.