Is the C&A Balcony/Suite discount going the route of the Dinasours

nelblu

Did some mock booking on the last few for sales/promosoffered by RCL and it seems that the balcony discount is not applicable. The present sale of 50% off 2nd pax, for a balcony (Anthem) offers$75 instant savings and $175 OBC. Is RCL doing the slow dance ofeliminating the C&A discount. If so, it's one of the most importantbenefits accruing to C&A members. Will see what shows up on theirnext sale.

Even if you are logged in, it may not automatically show the C&A discount like it used to. You may have to click the “see if you qualify for discounts” link and enter your C&A number to get that discount applied.

This has been happening to me for a long time now (months) -- you sign in and when you click to explore/book cruises it, seemingly, forgets you are signed in. Each cruise I explore, I need to put in all my information -- i.e. state, C&A #, etc...... Pretty damned annoying, but I'm sure it is considered an "upgrade" by IT. ;p

Mike

The "instant discount" is the latest way RC has of taking benefits away from C&A members. It's not combinable with the balcony discount, This way they can lower prices for all but their C&A members with the balcony discount. If they had just lowered the "regular" price $175, and not "deemed" it as a instant discount, then the balcony discount would be combinable. So by changing some words, they come up with a method of deprecating the balcony discount without actually saying that. You've got to admire their ability to obfuscate.

The "instant discount" is the latest way RC has of taking benefits away from C&A members. It's not combinable with the balcony discount, This way they can lower prices for all but their C&A members with the balcony discount. If they had just lowered the "regular" price $175, and not "deemed" it as a instant discount, then the balcony discount would be combinable. So by changing some words, they come up with a method of deprecating the balcony discount without actually saying that. You've got to admire their ability to obfuscate.

RC have never let me combine Diamond balcony discount with an OBC offer but inside and outside cabin guests can get the OBC.

Hmm. So that is why I am not seeing the balcony discount when I mock book while signed on. So I will try the area where I have to input my C&A number and other info. I know that the discounts have been reduced by a percentage over several years during the "special" promos. I always just let my TA tell me what the rate would actually be.

Not only balcony discounts are getting harder to take advantage of, just got off Anthem yesterday & now reserved seating for shows are only for Star, Sky & Pinnacles, no Diamond Plus allowed. Forget about BOGO benefit for Diamond Plus now anyone can purchase 2 night BOGO for $30 which works out less then for Diamond Plus couple dining nights 1 & 2. For Gift Preference they replaced SPRING water with PURIFIED water. What next will RCL be taking away, they already started converting Concierge Lounges into Suite Lounges?

RC have never let me combine Diamond balcony discount with an OBC offer but inside and outside cabin guests can get the OBC.

You are right. However, when you logged in it presented you with the best option in the pricing of the cruise.

Hmm. So that is why I am not seeing the balcony discount when I mock book while signed on. So I will try the area where I have to input my C&A number and other info. I know that the discounts have been reduced by a percentage over several years during the "special" promos. I always just let my TA tell me what the rate would actually be.

Even though I was logged in, in the selection mode it still asked me for me to log-in. So I logged in again, it welcomes me, but no change whether logged or not.

Not only balcony discounts are getting harder to take advantage of, just got off Anthem yesterday & now reserved seating for shows are only for Star, Sky & Pinnacles, no Diamond Plus allowed. Forget about BOGO benefit for Diamond Plus now anyone can purchase 2 night BOGO for $30 which works out less then for Diamond Plus couple dining nights 1 & 2. For Gift Preference they replaced SPRING water with PURIFIED water. What next will RCL be taking away, they already started converting Concierge Lounges into Suite Lounges?

Really, on my Brilliance Med, cruise I got 4 bottles of Evian from the LA in my cabin, along with 2 diet cokes.

Even though I was logged in, in the selection mode it still asked me for me to log-in. So I logged in again, it welcomes me, but no change whether logged or not.

On the page when you are booking a cruise that asks you for number of guests there should be an option to select to see if you qualify for exclusive savings. This is where you enter senior / military / state and you must enter your C&A number here even if you are logged in.

• 2 weeks later...

Another sale and still no C&A balcony discount. Did a mock booking for Feb. 2, 2020 out of San Juan and no discount. From the booking feedback, RCL is rewarding the non-refundable option with a $100 obc and none for the refundable option. What gives?:(

On the page when you are booking a cruise that asks you for number of guests there should be an option to select to see if you qualify for exclusive savings. This is where you enter senior / military / state and you must enter your C&A number here even if you are logged in.

Another sale and still no C&A balcony discount. Did a mock booking for Feb. 2, 2020 out of San Juan and no discount. From the booking feedback, RCL is rewarding the non-refundable option with a $100 obc and none for the refundable option. What gives?:(

Did you try what Ken suggested. Your balcony discount no longer automatically appears when you are logged in. you have to enter it manually

I called royal recently to inquire about my platinum discount for a balcony (on a cruise I already booked) and was told that my C&A discount could not be used with my non-refundae deposit discount. I was a little miffed at that.

Now if my C&A discount was greater than the non-refundable discount I could use it instead and have a refundable deposit but big woop.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I called royal recently to inquire about my platinum discount for a balcony (on a cruise I already booked) and was told that my C&A discount could not be used with my non-refundae deposit discount. I was a little miffed at that.

Now if my C&A discount was greater than the non-refundable discount I could use it instead and have a refundable deposit but big woop.

I never heard of that. Try calling again

This is from their terms Q and A

10. Are nonrefundable deposit programs combinable with promotional offers and other discounted fare options?Nonrefundable deposit fares are combinable with promotional onboard credit and instant savings offers, Crown & Anchordiscounts, restricted discounts, Shareholder Benefits, NextCruise benefits and Interline Rates. Such fares are notcombinable with ant other offer or promotion, including but not limited to Standard Group fare, Travel Agent, Travel Agentfriends & family, net Rates and Weekly sales events. Combinanility is dependent upon qualified benefits.

Just did a mock booking on SY for March 2020 one with entering my C&A info and one without. The cruise I entered it for was $226 cheaper (diamond discount) than the cruise that I did not enter it for.

Both cruises were for a NRD balcony.

Did you try what Ken suggested. Your balcony discount no longer automatically appears when you are logged in. you have to enter it manually

Unless I'm doing it wrong, when the passenger info appears, I entered the C&A # manually and no change. Are you guys successful in getting the discount.

Unless I'm doing it wrong, when the passenger info appears, I entered the C&A # manually and no change. Are you guys successful in getting the discount.

It's BEFORE you get to the passenger info. First there is a page that asks the number of cabins you need, then a page where it asks for the number of passengers and below that is (in blue I think) an option to see if you qualify for exclusive savings like Ken explained above. There is a field there for your C and A number

I just booked a cruise on Allure for next Nov. Great perks were offered but could not use D+ discount. So my brother who has only been on 3 RCCL cruises gets the same price and perks as me who have been on over 30 RCCL cruises. And yes the BOGO free dinner now we all can get. Thank goodness I like my wine. At least I still can get free drinks between 5-8:30. Don't get me wrong, I am glad my brother got a great price too, but mine should have been even better. Call me selfish, but I hate it when something was available to me, but now can't use. It's like going to Macy's with coupons. Nope can't use it on that item. :o

Just did a mock booking on SY for March 2020 one with entering my C&A info and one without. The cruise I entered it for was $226 cheaper (diamond discount) than the cruise that I did not enter it for.

Both cruises were for a NRD balcony.

Hmmm maybe it's because mine is merely a puny platinum discount and not diamond..or the rep didn't know what they were talking about.

The reason I has to call the was because I was one of the lucky few recently whose discounts fell off their bookings. I just assumed they forgot to add my C&A discount.

Hmmm maybe it's because mine is merely a puny platinum discount and not diamond..or the rep didn't know what they were talking about.

The reason I has to call the was because I was one of the lucky few recently whose discounts fell off their bookings. I just assumed they forgot to add my C&A discount.

The rep may have also explained it incorrectly.

You will get the higher of the C&A discount or the oromotion that is being offered. If you were getting $100 OBC or discount from a promotion and the balcony discount was only $75 then you would get the $100 and not be able to use the balcony discount. As a diamond my discount is $225 so I would get that but not the $100.