NCL Gem 2017-11-11 Cancelled

bronzey214

Thanks. I was pretty much attacked and told to suck it up by the myriad retirees on here who don't care about changing travel plans because they don't work. Cancelling your bingo game is a hell of a lot easier than rescheduling time off of work.

I was also told to think about the millions that NCL will lose. I searched my pockets for all the ****s and couldn't find them. They did 2 billion in q1 of this year. Sorry. Not sorry at all.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

You might know this already, but some accts. on here are NCL accounts.

I understand that 50% off may not mean that the next cruise is half price but it's still better than to only get the money already paid back.

The 50% off is 50% of what you paid for this cruise which if you booked last minute is 50% of not much and I very much doubt it includes the port charges/taxes as they do not go to the cruise line.

I booked a solo OV for a client yesterday afternoon for under $700...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've always though the money given for airline is for change fee, not to pay for new airline tickets.

That is exactly right. If you don't have flights booked in connection with the cancellation, you don't get the $300.

They wouldn't give you the same perks you had on the Gem?!?!??! That's horrible by them and would really tick me off.

I'm willing to bet its a limitation in their reservation system. There is probably no way for the CSR's to override pacakages/pricing or to add promos retroactively.

For promos, all they would have to do is create a few new promo codes to apply to those who are re-booking. Not that big a deal, a supervisor task.

Thanks. I was pretty much attacked and told to suck it up by the myriad retirees on here who don't care about changing travel plans because they don't work. Cancelling your bingo game is a hell of a lot easier than rescheduling time off of work.

I was also told to think about the millions that NCL will lose. I searched my pockets for all the ****s and couldn't find them. They did 2 billion in q1 of this year. Sorry. Not sorry at all.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Just because folks didn't agree with you, doesn't mean they were attacking.

Very good question this is why people never should cruise without a passport.

Looks like they are missing St Thomas and going to Grenada instead I have a couple of friends on there one flying back to Belgium hope she's not leaving Saturday... how will they manage to fly that many people back to New York in a timely manor..

I doubt ncl is smart enough to be this proactive but I really hope they realize not every pax needs to nor should be flown to NYC

Plenty of flights to Europe from Barbados. If they can charter a plane to NYC they can also put their pax on a commercial flight direct to Europe or Chicago or Toronto if need be from Barbados

No time for ncl to be penny foolish here.

Just wondering...if your friend misses their flight to Belgium and needs a hotel in NYC because ncl couldn't figure out it would have been more efficient to perhaps get them to Europe instead, will ncl pay for it?

Dcl did when we got caught up in hurricane Frances in 2004

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I doubt ncl is smart enough to be this proactive but I really hope they realize not every pax needs to nor should be flown to NYC

Plenty of flights to Europe from Barbados. If they can charter a plane to NYC they can also put their pax on a commercial flight direct to Europe or Chicago or Toronto if need be from Barbados

No time for ncl to be penny foolish here.

Just wondering...if your friend misses their flight to Belgium and needs a hotel in NYC because ncl couldn't figure out it would have been more efficient to perhaps get them to Europe instead, will ncl pay for it?

Dcl did when we got caught up in hurricane Frances in 2004

Not sure why NCL would have to pay for the ticket, all the passenger would have to do is change their ticket and ask NCL to pay for the change fee. Those that might have a non-refundable, non-rebooking ticket, could take the charter to New York and catch their original flight home.

Not sure why NCL would have to pay for the ticket, all the passenger would have to do is change their ticket and ask NCL to pay for the change fee. Those that might have a non-refundable, non-rebooking ticket, could take the charter to New York and catch their original flight home.

Chances are most people will miss their connections home by the time NCL flies them to NY I know when I cruise I plan to be out of NY by noon.. which is not an issue usually

Sitting in a hotel in Niagra Falls enjoying holiday, looking forward to going to New York tomorrow. Just heard the Gems cancelled so looks like I'm spending time and money on my mobile tomorrow calling my UK tour op.

Wonder how long until we get our money back from NCL!!

FEEL SICK

<snip>

I'm one of those myriad retirees. Bingo isn't my game, though. :) Every time my least favorite airline manages to take off about 3-4 hours late I get a LITTLE snippet of what all the people who are booked on this cruise must be experiencing. I believe most people don't cruise off for a week+ anywhere without making lots of arrangements and doing some planning. For me, lots of planning, but I do enjoy that. And, if they are like me, they have expectations (warranted or not) of having a good time. I know I would be disappointed and no doubt a little angry at that situation.

Your post reminds me that telling someone to suck it up when they are upset, isn't particularly helpful. Particularly when it is done through the cold medium of typing in a public community board. Recently, when a friend died, another acquaintance told me to get over it...it must be God's will. I wanted him to meet his maker right then although I resisted saying it or doing anything that would have resulted in non-recreational handcuffs.

I hope NCL can make this right for everyone. I am sorry for everyone who has been affected by the Gem's issue.

Lets do the math for the flights..... Figuring 2000+ passengers....and planes which can hold 200... That equates to approx 10 chartered flights. No way in hell that can be accomodated on same day. Granted there are other flights to US which I'm sure will be used (any open seats). But this has to be a logistic nightmare. And this is just to get people to NY. Then come the connection challenge. I'm thinking Norwegian better have some local hotels lined up in NY. Atleast they can still use the ship for accomodations while coordinating all the flights out. I guess its lucky the Gem is one of their smaller ships...otherwise it would have been a real mess!! What a mess and hen the work place issues for a delayed return!!

I doubt it but I'm sure a lot of these smaller incidentals are covered under peoples travel insurance.

My guess is they charter buses to appropriate airport or back to the pier based on your previous post cruise travel plans

Those of us on board have not been asked our preference.

My guess is they charter buses to appropriate airport or back to the pier based on your previous post cruise travel plans

Those of us on board have not been asked our preference.

Probably a good guess, Wiz. Sorry you are having to go through this but if you are the kind of person who rolls with the punches it can always turn out to be a fun adventure. Hang in there.

Probably a good guess, Wiz. Sorry you are having to go through this but if you are the kind of person who rolls with the punches it can always turn out to be a fun adventure. Hang in there.

Thanks for kudos.....however, I don't fly and not sure how I'm going to get back to NYC...extended cruise???? Hope they extend my internet and drink package!