Honeymoon cruise

FSU Girl

What do you want out of your cruise to the Baltic? When cruising Europe, itinerary is more important than ship/line. If itinerary and price suit you needs, then by all means, Celebrity will be fine. EM

We want something romantic. Neither of us have been to those countries so it will be nice to experience together. But I think the cruise ship is important. We'll be on it for sea days and at night and I want to have a good time.

I'm new to these forums. I've been reading reviews of cruise ships but some of them are pretty negative so I thought here I'd get a better understanding

We want something romantic. Neither of us have been to those countries so it will be nice to experience together. But I think the cruise ship is important. We'll be on it for sea days and at night and I want to have a good time.

I'm new to these forums. I've been reading reviews of cruise ships but some of them are pretty negative so I thought here I'd get a better understanding

You should realize that Europium cruise are very Port intensive so relaxing is generally something you won’t be doing. I would suggest in Celebrity you go for an S class ship or the new Edge, more options for a nice dinner.

We went on our first cruise on our honeymoon in 1986 and have been hooked ever since!

We have cruised Carnival, Royal Caribbean and Celebrity. In my opinion, Celebrity would be perfect for your honeymoon! The S class of ships are wonderful. As you can see from my signature, we have been on the Silhouette to the Caribbean, Reflection to the Med and are going on the Equinox back to the Caribbean. We just booked the Baltic/Russia on the Reflection for summer 2019. Maybe we will see you on board! Don't fret about negative reviews. Take the good with the bad and consider that there are many, many more who are not on CC who had awesome vacations. I have no doubt that you will have a wonderful time!

We went on our first cruise on our honeymoon in 1986 and have been hooked ever since!

We have cruised Carnival, Royal Caribbean and Celebrity. In my opinion, Celebrity would be perfect for your honeymoon! The S class of ships are wonderful. As you can see from my signature, we have been on the Silhouette to the Caribbean, Reflection to the Med and are going on the Equinox back to the Caribbean. We just booked the Baltic/Russia on the Reflection for summer 2019. Maybe we will see you on board! Don't fret about negative reviews. Take the good with the bad and consider that there are many, many more who are not on CC who had awesome vacations. I have no doubt that you will have a wonderful time!

It's very possible you might see us 😊 Have you been on the Reflection before?

What are your concerns with the negative reviews? The ships in general or particular aspects of the cruise?

I've done a Celebrity Baltic cruise on the Eclipse and enjoyed it greatly. There were not too many sea days and the three day tour of St Petersburgh was excellent but not at all relaxing.

Have you decided what cabin you're interested in? That can make a huge difference to the overall enjoyment of a Celebrity cruise too.

What are your concerns with the negative reviews? The ships in general or particular aspects of the cruise?

I've done a Celebrity Baltic cruise on the Eclipse and enjoyed it greatly. There were not too many sea days and the three day tour of St Petersburgh was excellent but not at all relaxing.

Have you decided what cabin you're interested in? That can make a huge difference to the overall enjoyment of a Celebrity cruise too.

I think my biggest concerns are because I've never sailed with them before and want my honeymoon to be magical. That's great to hear you enjoyed your Baltic cruise!

For a cabin definitely a balcony, maybe something higher like a suite but not sure since I've never done that before. Does Celebrity have a concierge level like some other cruise lines?

I think my biggest concerns are because I've never sailed with them before and want my honeymoon to be magical. That's great to hear you enjoyed your Baltic cruise!

For a cabin definitely a balcony, maybe something higher like a suite but not sure since I've never done that before. Does Celebrity have a concierge level like some other cruise lines?

Hi, congrats on your upcoming nuptials:),,,,,,yes, there are multiple levels of cabin categories.......regular balcony,

Concierge Class, Aqua Class, and several levels of suites as well.

They have something called 'Concierge Class' but it's name is in my opinion very misleading. It insinuates that it is in someway superior service because of the name. In reality it's just a regular balcony room with a few added perks of minimal value.

Celebrity is very much a two service level cruise line, suite class and everything else. You'll find many threads on here discussing the pros and cons of Celebrity suites, though the overwhelming majority of people agree that it's very good. If travelling suite class you'll have access to a dining room called Luminae which is a big step up from the MDR in terms of food quality and service, a private lounge with a true concierge and a butler. The concierge and butler will work very hard to ensure that you have a great cruise. Just tell them what you want and they'll assist you the best they can.

You could also consider Aqua Class. These are regular balcony rooms but with access to their own dedicated restaurant called Blu. Whilst you'll find all kind of opinions about Blu, again the vast majority of comments are very positive. Service is definitely better than the MDR! You also gain access to the spa and have a few included perks in your room etc. Aqua Class is considerably cheaper than suite class but not always much more expensive than regular balcony rooms so you might want to investigate both further and see if you like the look of them.

They have something called 'Concierge Class' but it's name is in my opinion very misleading. It insinuates that it is in someway superior service because of the name. In reality it's just a regular balcony room with a few added perks of minimal value.

Celebrity is very much a two service level cruise line, suite class and everything else. You'll find many threads on here discussing the pros and cons of Celebrity suites, though the overwhelming majority of people agree that it's very good. If travelling suite class you'll have access to a dining room called Luminae which is a big step up from the MDR in terms of food quality and service, a private lounge with a true concierge and a butler. The concierge and butler will work very hard to ensure that you have a great cruise. Just tell them what you want and they'll assist you the best they can.

You could also consider Aqua Class. These are regular balcony rooms but with access to their own dedicated restaurant called Blu. Whilst you'll find all kind of opinions about Blu, again the vast majority of comments are very positive. Service is definitely better than the MDR! You also gain access to the spa and have a few included perks in your room etc. Aqua Class is considerably cheaper than suite class but not always much more expensive than regular balcony rooms so you might want to investigate both further and see if you like the look of them.

Great explanation of the cabin classes. Keeping for reference .

If you can swing it, I would definitely book at least a Sky Suite. The perks of being in a suite would enhance the romantic experience. In particular, Michael's Club provides a small, private space for drinks and Luminae is a much more romantic space than the main dining room. I think Celebrity is an excellent choice no matter what type of cabin you have. Have a wonderful honeymoon,

Carolyn

This board has certainly been very helpful to a novice cruiser in planning our upcoming cruise. You will definitely need to do your math to figure out the option that makes the most sense for you.

Another option you might want to consider is purchasing the specialty dining package. We wanted an aft view and when we booked the cost difference between an SV & C1 aft cabins was less than $40/pp, but an Aqua cabin would have been an extra $120/pp over the C1 cabin without the aft view. The C1 & 7 night dining package ended up costing us not much more than the A1 and this way we get the best of both worlds.

One thing to keep in mind about the Aqua class cabins on S class ships is that the majority of them are under either the pool deck, or the spa, so if noise is a concern, choose carefully. There are some that are under other cabins.

It look so like the Reflection is the ship that will be sailing in the Baltic 2019. Is this a good ship? It looks like it was built in 2012 so a little while ago but not too long. The suites look really nice but are really expensive. But it is a honeymoon so splurging might be worth it.

How are the shows on the cruise? For sea days I'm assuming swimming isn't a big focus on a Northern European cruise since it'll be cold?

I really think that you have the wrong expectations. You need it to be magiical????

When my wife and I got married we didn’t have two pennies to rub together. We took a honeymoon to Niagara Falls for 3 days using money that we borrowed from relatives. There were no credit cards. The magic was because we were married to each other and were alone and joying our first time together as husband and wife.

We have been united for 53 years.

If you need a cruise to be magical for your honeymoon you may be in for a disapointment.

Happy cruising 🌊🛳🇺🇸🌅

How are the shows on the cruise? For sea days I'm assuming swimming isn't a big focus on a Northern European cruise since it'll be cold?

We love the entertainment on all ships and have enjoyed Celebrity's entertainment. The one thing that might be missing is a comedian. Often, because comedy doesn't "translate" well to many nationalities, there is no comedy show on cruises that leave from European ports. At least that seems to be true with Celebrity. We can only hope! I do enjoy the comedians.

It look so like the Reflection is the ship that will be sailing in the Baltic 2019. Is this a good ship? It looks like it was built in 2012 so a little while ago but not too long. The suites look really nice but are really expensive. But it is a honeymoon so splurging might be worth it.

The Reflection is a beautiful ship. It is the newest and largest in the Celebrity fleet until the launch next year of the Edge. There is a lovely indoor pool, so if interested in swimming on sea days, it's available. We have sailed on many of the Celebrity ships and have loved every one for different reasons. We have done ocean view, verandah, concierge and aqua. Without exception service has been great, food in the MDR, Blu and the specialty restaurants has been good. Our favorite specialty restaurant is Murano. It's an intimate space with superb service and many tableside preparations. Try not to miss it.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding, FSU Girl.

I tend to read a LOT of reviews. IMO it seems that people who want to complain will do it on the reviews forum. They can be helpful, but I find the Boards is the best place to get info. Opinions are subjective, though. So I try and read as much as I can. We are "glass half full" people, so always find a way to have a great experience. Being on a cruise ship is better than just about any other place. :D

We just took our first Celebrity cruise in September, and booked our second while on board. Think we may have found a "home" with Celebrity. We found they offer very nice touches...welcome glass of champagne, attentive hard-working staff, classy elegance (not "gaudy" or tacky), very good food. We are not experienced with suites or concierge+ levels, just ocean-view or veranda. Whatever you choose, I am sure you will enjoy. We believe Celebrity would be an excellent choice.

Hi FSUgirl,

Just a couple of things that may, or may not be of interest to you....

Firstly, you will find some guests in the 20/50 age range but many guests are definitely more vintage (us included!). We like the fact that there is some age diversity. Obviously, we don’t know you age group or if this is important to you. There are some lively events but a ‘party ship’ Celebrity isn’t....I don’t mean this as a negative in any way, I do just think it is something to be aware of. We have found the focus on Celebrity to be more about fine dining and relaxation than organised activities. If this is what you are looking out for in a cruise then Celebrity could be a great fit.

Re pool in colder regions....there is an adult only inside pool. Very nice area to relax in.

The only negatives I can see from your choice of cruise itinerary is that in warmer climates most guests really enjoy sitting out on their balcony late at night, drink in hand, enjoying the sound of the waves and looking at the stars in the sky...We may be ‘vintage’ but we still find doing this romantic! Obviously on a Baltic cruise you may need to be well wrapped up!

Re rooms. We do always book a suite and enjoy spending time in the room itself Michael’s Club and Luminae. We do also visit other venues but not so much. As this is your first Celebrity cruise you may want to spend time at all the different bars, try out all the speciality restaurants, attend all the shows...If you do then you may be better just booking a good balcony with a drinks and dining package with some of the money you have saved....Booking a suite is only worth it if you are going to really utilise the perks that come with it.

Sincere best wishes for a wonderful wedding and a fabulous, magical honeymoon!

I'm 28, but I'm not a big partier and going to a bar everybody night does not interest me. I love shows on ships. My last cruise was on Disney and their shows were amazing.

I've been reading through this forum and many people seem to like Reflection, but some mention over crowding. Is it really noticible?

How are Celebrity run tours? I'm the type to book through the ship since they won't leave you behind and seems less stressful. We've never been to any of these countries so I'm okay with really long days to get a lot in.

Good morning,:) since you are going to be on your Honeymoon, I am hoping you will have a wonderful time:D

As for comparing Celebrity's shows to Disney? I have not sailed with the Mouse, but from knowing what they do,

I would tell you Celebrity's shows are not going to be Disney.........that is part of what "DISNEY DOES".......

extravaganza shows..........

Some of the shows I have enjoyed over the years, some, ehhh...not so much.........if having Disney type entertainment

is important to you? I think you may be disappointed with that aspect. And I am not saying that will any malice, just being

honest. If you do a search of "Celebrity Entertainment" you will find many threads with different opinions about it.

I am on the Reflection right now for my honeymoon. So far, it has been an amazing vacation (other than getting pickpocketed last night in Cartagena, but that's a whole nother post!)

We are in concierge class, which we booked mostly for cabin location. We have a balcony cabin all the way aft, with a wake view, and that has been amazing. My husband and I are in our mid thirties, and we we are definitely some of the youngest cruisers on the ship. Though that could be because of the length of the cruise (14 days). We are not much for nightlife, so can't really comment there.

Highly suggest a dining package. We have a 6 night package, and so far those nights have been the highlight of the cruise. We have not loved the MDR. The tables are placed extremely close to each other, which doesn't exactly spur romance!

Overall, highly recommend Celebrity for a honeymoon. The staff have been amazing, and every time we are in a speciality restaurant, they have acknowledged that we are honeymooners.