LITERALLY TERRIFIED of MSC DIVINA

plat0001

Hi all,

I have booked in a suite on the Divina on 12/16 however after reading more reviews I am LITERALLY TERRIFIED of the experience we will receive. I almost booked a Celebrity Concierge Suite on Celebrity but changed last minute because of the suite.

I'm not so picky about food but hearing that the ship is a cluster of people and the bad service are really turning me off.

I also called MSC to inquire about upgrading and got the WORST customer service agent in the world. I was FINALLY routed to a manager (the first agent out right refused to let me talk to a manager until I got really angry) and she is trying to help get us into the Yacht Club but other than that, I am honestly thinking about throwing away this money and booking something else.

As the manager said, "I don't want you to feel like you are going on this cruise because you have to" however this is exactly how I feel.

My boyfriend hasn't had a real vacation in years so we are really looking forward to this trip and want a nice experience.

What should I do??????

Appreciate your help.

Signed,

TERRIFIED of MSC

Please give me a break, you choose to read the bad reviews how about reading the good ones.We have been on the Divina 7x and it has been wonderful.

We sailed MSC Divina 7 days turned into 13 thanks to hurricane Irma, and had a fantastic time. Don't be scared because after 21 NCL cruises we decided to try something different. We had no problems, food, staff, cabins, entertainment all great. The ship never felt crowded, many pools - indoor, outdoor- adults only. The dinner and special dessert presentations were very enjoyable. Did status match from NCL to MSC black card and very much appreciated all the perks that came along with it. Free drinks at most bars prior to formal dinner, many parties and events. Lots of lounges with entertainment around the ship. Great time, and the staff handled everything with the hurricane very professionally. We wound up staying 3 days in Cozumel, but the extraordinary thing is that prior to the hurricane, we were very close to Cozumel and just could of stayed there, but there were people from Florida who really wanted to be home before the storm hit. So at full speed, we returned to Miami, off loaded people who wanted off, loaded more provisions all within a 2 hour window, and took off to Cozumel at full speed again. This cost the company much $$ in fuel costs, but they did it for their customers. No extra charges for the extra days, all perks still in effect, no extra port charges--all picked up by the company. As stated we were very impressed with MSC, and will sail on their ships again.

Safe sailing

PS-- Best pizza ever!!

Convincing the OP about Divina is a moot point at this stage:

I really appreciate all of the constructive feedback I received. It did make me feel MUCH better. I called MSC again and this time got a very nice, pleasant and wonderful agent who was very happy to help me. Polar opposite of what I experienced earlier this week. Since bailing on MSC really isn't an option, we have switched to the Seaside which I feel much more comfortable with. Again, thanks for the constructive feedback, it is very much appreciated.

That's the reason we will probably sail Divina again first, and let the new ship/Crew settle in. We did one of the early sailings on the Breakaway, but there was still alot of "adjusting" by the crew happening. We will wait until the ship us a little more nature

Safe sailing

Since bailing on MSC really isn't an option, we have switched to the Seaside which I feel much more comfortable with. Again, thanks for the constructive feedback, it is very much appreciated.
So, since you were beyond final payment and in the penalty phase with your 12/6 Divina sailing, how much of a hit did you take by switching to the Seaside? And were you able to snag a YC cabin? There was one open earlier this week on our 1/27/18 sailing.

That's the reason we will probably sail Divina again first, and let the new ship/Crew settle in. We did one of the early sailings on the Breakaway, but there was still alot of "adjusting" by the crew happening. We will wait until the ship us a little more nature

Safe sailing

From reports it sounds like the BA is still "settling". That is one ship we won't ever sail again.

The MSC Divina was by far my favorite ship, and the best overall cruise that I have had the pleasure of cruising. The "cluster of people" onboard will be a good mix of Americans/Canadians, and Europeans, and if you're someone like me who loves talking to people from other countries, it was perfect. The food was very good for a cruise ship. Granted, there were some things that weren't amazing, but we have encountered some not-so-amazing food on both Carnival and Royal. Food is very subjective. The ship was very clean, and very modern as well. I promise the onboard service does not reflect the customer phone service, as the MSC customer service is not the best, but once you get onto the ship, you will wonder how they're the same company. The onboard service is amazing.

Obviously none of us can speak for the Seaside just yet, and I personally cannot speak for th Yacht Club, but if I had a good experience in an OV on the Divina, I imagine you will LOVE YC on the Seaside. A lot of whether or not you enjoy something when traveling is your attitude going in. Go onboard expecting to relax and to enjoy yourself, and you will quickly find all of the great aspects of MSC. Go onboard expecting a Celebrity experience, and comparing everything that is not perfect to Celebrity, and you will find yourself upset, and not having recieved that vacation for your boyfriend. Hopefully my post and the posts of other people have helped you get a little more positive about your upcoming trip, it will likely come down to an open mind! I hope you enjoy yourself!

You need to think positive. If you too focus on negative review, you will create checklist in your mind and for sure you will not enjoy your trip. I had vacation with my relative few months ago on Divina. She read so many bad reviews and she would say "that was what I saw in the forum and they were correct" for very minor thing. It seemed like she was a detective onboard in order to prove all negative threads were correct.

Hi all,

I have booked in a suite on the Divina on 12/16 however after reading more reviews I am LITERALLY TERRIFIED of the experience we will receive. I almost booked a Celebrity Concierge Suite on Celebrity but changed last minute because of the suite.

I'm not so picky about food but hearing that the ship is a cluster of people and the bad service are really turning me off.

I also called MSC to inquire about upgrading and got the WORST customer service agent in the world. I was FINALLY routed to a manager (the first agent out right refused to let me talk to a manager until I got really angry) and she is trying to help get us into the Yacht Club but other than that, I am honestly thinking about throwing away this money and booking something else.

As the manager said, "I don't want you to feel like you are going on this cruise because you have to" however this is exactly how I feel.

My boyfriend hasn't had a real vacation in years so we are really looking forward to this trip and want a nice experience.

What should I do??????

Appreciate your help.

Signed,

TERRIFIED of MSC

Well to start with you shouldn't read bad reviews, they're all written by trolls grinding their axes. I just got off Divina again on Saturday and I have never experienced what these trolls complain of, as far as I'm concerned these complaints are completely unfounded.

I am a germophobe. I am the pickiest eater I've ever known. I, in general, dislike people, and normal children annoy me. I will be back from the DIvina on Dec. 16. I will let you know if I survive. I think I will, simply because I want to have a good time...despite the germs, food, and people, which, essentially, plague every developed spot on the planet...yes, even I may have a good time, so you probably can too.

Hi all,

What should I do??????

Appreciate your help.

Signed,

TERRIFIED of MSC

Hate to be a naysayer but hesitant or unsure I would go but terrified No. I think the manager sensed this and felt maybe another type of vacation would be more suitable. Vacation is too precious to waste being fearful and no one can assure you that this cruise will suit your desires.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You might want to check the youtube channel of the sea cruisers. They filmed daily, comprehensive blogs of their journey on MSC Divina; It might give you some perspective and reassurance!

Was able see the first video but how do I subscribe?

Was able see the first video but how do I subscribe?

You don't need to subscribe, you just click on the option 'playlist' within their youtube channel and you can see all episodes listed there. When you watch a video, just look at the menu on the right hand side of your screen and the other episodes will also be mentioned there.

The second video, for example is at

Hi all,

What should I do??????

Appreciate your help.

Signed,

TERRIFIED of MSC

OPT OUT ASAP my review won't be posted for a day or 2, but i titled it, calling it the spiritair of cruising is an insult to spirit. however bad you think the customer service it's way worse than that. food is awful, service around the ship is worse. it is horrible for americans. we're not used to this poor service. it's like in an italian movie of the 1960's where they're screaming at each, but 7 different languages. just get out if you can. did you take insurance, if you get real sick, real soon. please for your sanity opt out.

OPT OUT ASAP my review won't be posted for a day or 2, but i titled it, calling it the spiritair of cruising is an insult to spirit. however bad you think the customer service it's way worse than that. food is awful, service around the ship is worse. it is horrible for americans. we're not used to this poor service. it's like in an italian movie of the 1960's where they're screaming at each, but 7 different languages. just get out if you can. did you take insurance, if you get real sick, real soon. please for your sanity opt out.

Happysmom is talking total bollocks, and this is a prime example of a biased, prejudiced review that should be ignored. Not just taken with a pinch of salt, ignored!

No reason to be terrified. Really. Of course everyone has different expectations and opinion. Our first cruise was on Disney in 2014 and even with Disney I was worried as believe it or not I had read bad reviews about service being poor, food terrible, ship dirty. We had a blast. My husband is a picky eater. He doesn't like restaurants and prefers home made meals. There was no complaint on Disney. In april 2017 we did the eastern Caribbean on the divina. Again I had read bad reviews, food terrible,service poor, ship dirty, rude passangers. Was I Worried? A little bit yes. But then again we had a blast. The ship was sparkling and hubby didn't complain about food either. We found the service to be excellent. Honestly we would prefer msc over disney any time and not just because of the price. I used to work in the travel business and I know from experience thathe there will be unhappy guests no matter what.

That might be your experience - but thousands of people every sailing are enjoying themselves

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I often think people who write "bad service" are compensated to do so on here OR think good service is when the staff smile and fake interest in your life and do the whole cartwheel and dancing show for you. Service is much more refined on MSC. It is there when YOU request it, not in your face style. If you need service, ask. You will get professional and courteous service.

You might want to check the youtube channel of the sea cruisers. They filmed daily, comprehensive blogs of their journey on MSC Divina; It might give you some perspective and reassurance!

I think the good ship perspective has long since sailed for the OP or the post wouldn't have sounded quite so hysterical. Lots of people have aprehensions when trying something or somewhere new but there was a whole level of dramatic above that going on there. The majority of reviews are positive as thousands of people enjoy great cruises on Divina, if a few negative ones cause that reaction nothing we could've said would make any difference.