FMI, What happens to people who don't attend the life boat drill?

Giantfan13

We missed the drill once in 2006. We had flown all night to Turkey and went straight to the ship. By the time we checked in, grabbed a bite to eat and found our cabin, we were exhausted. Decided to take a quick nap before muster and fell into a deep sleep. I heard the alarm but really didn’t wake up, husband didn’t hear it at all. So we slept through it, didn’t wake up until 730pm.

What happened to us? Nothing, no one said a word about it. No make up, no letter.

Sherri

I was in bed after a very long travel day from Ontario...I stayed put and ignored it.

I could only imagine parents having to wake little ones!

Maybe I’ve never been in the stateroom on Royal when the muster alarms start, but I have on Disney and it’s too loud to deal with. Let alone ignore. I doubt parents of little kids had to do anything to wake them. I don’t know how you ignored it. Unless it’s way quieter in the stateroom on Royal than Disney.

Attending will save you and your fellow passengers more time than you think unless you are too special.

Yes. They do have a brig.

Yes. They have made side trips to drop off those passengers who underestimated the ship masters authority.

Last time was two cruises ago. Many of the passengers were on deck at one in the morning to see us make a 20 minute pit stop in the Azores.

Two medical emergency passengers left in waiting ambulances.

And two shoplifters were left to their own resources to make their own way home.

Relax. Enjoy your vacation.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Attending will save you and your fellow passengers more time than you think unless you are too special.

Yes. They do have a brig.

Yes. They have made side trips to drop off those passengers who underestimated the ship masters authority.

Last time was two cruises ago. Many of the passengers were on deck at one in the morning to see us make a 20 minute pit stop in the Azores.

Two medical emergency passengers left in waiting ambulances.

And two shoplifters were left to their own resources to make their own way home.

Relax. Enjoy your vacation.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Shouldn’t the shoplifters have been handed over to the authorities?

2 thoughts.....

First ....can't stand those who arrive very late, names called over and over making all of us wait and wait. That's called being RUDE and INCONSIDERATE of others!

Second....purposely missing it enough cruises and your name may show up on a black list and your cruising days will be over!

Just go, be on time and yes, pay attention to the dumb movie they now play about safety. Be thankful we don't need to bring our life jackets with, tripping over the long straps people let drag along!

Shouldn’t the shoplifters have been handed over to the authorities?

Depending on the dollar value, it's usually a low level (misdemeanor) crime. Those passengers lost waaaaaaay more by being booted from the ship than they would if in a similar situation on land.

Just off the Allure and they specifically told us if we did not attend, there would be a mandatory make up drill the next morning. So if you think you're out of it, you're not. Just go and be done with it. Everyone else goes so why are you so different?

The drunken college boy in front of us was trying to use his phone during the drill, trying to stick a cocktail glass in his back pocket, and trying to take photos of people in line and as they walked by. He lost his phone to the security staff, and had his cocktail confiscated.

Let's grow up people. It takes 1/2 hour of your time to learn what to do in case of an emergency. Have consideration of your fellow cruisers who will have to stay until you are located. What better way to meet new friends than being cooped up with your lifeboat buddies!!!!

When we report for the life boat drill, they take your room number they make sure everyone has attended. But say you don't attend, what are the consequences, or are there any?

We know it is 'mandatory' but can they ask you to leave at the first port? Throw you in the brig? What are the consequences for never attending the drill?

Cheers

Len

SOLAS requirement: You WILL muster or you WILL NOT cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums