Born To Dance

Geoffa30

I have just contacted customer service at Princess to let them know of your posting of pictures from their copyrighted 'production number'.

I'm sure the people around you really appreciated your flash going off during the 'show'

The message before the show is video and tape recording is not permitted. Neither is flash photography. I did not use flash during the show as have a decent camera.

Happy to be proved wrong if voljeep hears back from customer services.

Will know better next time than to share pictures on Cruise Critic. Thought they might be well received but obviously not. Perhaps best to stick to moaning about not getting enough butter.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The message before the show is video and tape recording is not permitted. Neither is flash photography. I did not use flash during the show as have a decent camera.

Happy to be proved wrong if voljeep hears back from customer services.

Will know better next time than to share pictures on Cruise Critic. Thought they might be well received but obviously not. Perhaps best to stick to moaning about not getting enough butter.

Ignore the naysayers. I'm not personally a big fan of shows, but your pictures are very nice. One consistently negative opinion does not represent this entire community. Unfortunately, some folks come from other special interest bulletin boards where this type of bullying post is commonplace and there are those that thrive on it. Fortunately, for a vast majority of Cruise Critic participants the intent here is to share their love of cruising and to exchange information and goodwill.

It must be hard being so cheerful.

It was actually a very good show. In fact you might class it as a truly special production number.

Princess really is fighting a losing battle with passengers such as yourself.

Yeh Yeh lighten up friends, there is a saying all publicity is good publicity. In this case if there was no infringement on other peoples enjoyment of the show what's the problem? Many thanks to the OP. Thinks! must get the grey matter around posting photos like these

You can all rest easy in your beds tonight. Being the sharing type, I had also tweeted the pictures to the official Princess Cruises account. They have just liked said pictures. Phew. Hope you have some success with customer services voljeep [emoji8]

Nothing wrong with posting stills of the performance. Only possible issue Princess could remotely have is taping copyrighted music they paid to use. Which is why the warnings are only against audio and video taping.

So thanks for sharing; I wish this new show would have been on Royal last week rather than the coma - inducing Colors Of The World and Sweet Soul Music. Which featured rudimentary choreography, middle of the road arrangements and the most soulless Tempts-vs-Tops medley ever to see a stage.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I didn't think you are allowed to photograph and/or record their production shows.

Yes you are as long as you do not use your camera flash. A camera taking still photos with no flash is not a problem at all and is not in contravention of their policy.

It was actually a very good show. In fact you might class it as a truly special production number.

We just found out that this is the show on our upcoming cruise, so I'm really glad to see your pictures and to hear that you enjoyed the performance. Thanks for sharing.

We were pleased that the show was about 45 minutes (those 30 minutes ones are not worth the effort), but I chose a poor seat near handicap area as we encountered water dripping from the ceiling (air conditioner?)! An attendant roped the seats out of use!

Sent from my SM-T710 using Forums mobile app

Just out of curiosity what lens were you using for those shots?

It was an 18-55mm kit lens on a Fujifilm X-E3 body. I think the Fujifilm kit lenses are considered to be of better quality than those supplied by some camera brands. At least that’s what I have read. Only got the camera just before coming on this cruise so haven’t had chance to get to know it yet. Previously had an old Canon DSLR but wanted something smaller so went for a mirrorless.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 months later...