So, is the $7 stuff a bag good on ALL cruises?????

Lyndihop

We're taking a 24 day Europe/TA cruise next October, and I saw some posts about HAL laundry fees. This $7 seems like a bargain. Might make a difference how much I pack?

The $7 (maybe $9 in Europe) is for buying the whole cruise in advance. If you do it by the bag it is $20 (maybe $30 in Europe). The bag is left for your room steward to pick up, and is returned about a day later. All shirt and pants are on hangers, other items are folded and returned in a basket.

Some will respond that they had problems, but for the most part the service is very good.

If you pre-purchase for the entire Europe cruise it works out to $9.00 per day. If you just want to do laundry once or twice it is $30.00 for the bag each time. You can get tons into those bags! I did laundry twice on Koningsdam and could not believe how much we stuffed. Came back next day in very nice condition.

We love HAL laundry! We prefer the daily service. On our Thankagiving cruise I left it on the bed when we went to dinner and it was returned the next morning before noon.

Even at the $9/day charge for your 24 day cruise it would be just over $200. You could pack sooo much less and not have to save up all those dirty clothes to see if you could fit it in one small bag just to save a few $$. Plus it's fun getting you clean undies and socks folded and wrapped in tissue paper returned daily.😊

There are some things we probably do not remember about our HAL cruises, but the laundry service is definitely not one of them !! We just figure it into the cost and plan accordingly.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Forums mobile app

We're taking a 24 day Europe/TA cruise next October, and I saw some posts about HAL laundry fees. This $7 seems like a bargain. Might make a difference how much I pack?

Just to clarify - it's $7 per day for the duration of your cruise ($9/day for European based itineraries), not $7 per bag. Now THAT would be a bargain! We've always opted for the $7 or $9 per day, as neither of us is interested in spending any time in an onboard laundry (if there is one), or washing things out in the sink. Now that we're 4* (woo hoo! I never thought I'd ever get to say that!!), we don't have to worry about it, we just write 4* Mariner - complimentary laundry on the item list that we leave with the laundry bag.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

A bit off-topic , but what is the latest you can send out clothes and get them before the cruise ends?

I would like not to have to do laundry when I get home. :)

Usually 2 days, but if you have been using it regularly [or not], your room steward will warn you about the deadline. At least, mine always have.

A bit off-topic , but what is the latest you can send out clothes and get them before the cruise ends?

I would like not to have to do laundry when I get home. :)

Usually 2 days, but if you have been using it regularly [or not], your room steward will warn you about the deadline. At least, mine always have.

that's been my experience too - 2 days. I have had a steward say though, if you just have a couple of things though, I can sneak it in. We didn't take him up on his kind offer I have usually started packing by then ;)

they do want to make sure you have it back in time to pack ;) and a lot seems to go on the last minute.

that's been my experience too - 2 days. I have had a steward say though, if you just have a couple of things though, I can sneak it in. We didn't take him up on his kind offer I have usually started packing by then ;)

they do want to make sure you have it back in time to pack ;) and a lot seems to go on the last minute.

That makes sense. Thanks for the replies. :)

How do you sign up for the $7/9 per day option. Travelling on Volendam in February and haven't found it on the website.

You can do it on board when you send your first bag to the laundry. Just check off that option on the form that you complete and send with your clothes. Very easy.

How do you sign up for the $7/9 per day option. Travelling on Volendam in February and haven't found it on the website.

We ate lunch in the Pinnacle several times, and we got the 3 Star Discount. On our last cruise, we only ate in the Pinnacle Grill at Lunch.

...Now that we're 4* (woo hoo! I never thought I'd ever get to say that!!), we don't have to worry about it, we just write 4* Mariner - complimentary laundry on the item list that we leave with the laundry bag.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Isn't that a great feeling? We made 4-star a year ago, and I still get a little thrill every time I write 4* on the laundry slip. :D

Just to jump onto this, I was wondering how soon in the cruise can we use the service? We are spending time in Seattle prior to our cruise. It would be great if we can send out a bag on day 1 or possibly day 2. We are in a Neptune Suite so sending multiple times won't be a problem. I just want to know how to plan/pack.

Thank you!