One Custom Agent at PE's Terminal 26: C'MON MAN !

RedneckBob

Could any of you who have global entry tell me if you use the ID card GE issues at a cruise port? We have only recently gotten our numbers but never received the ID cards. We have no issues at airports because # is loaded onto the boarding pass. In the meantime the program has changed names to "trusted traveler". I think we fell though the cracks with the ID cards because when i call the phone numbers listed on the GE website they are all disconnected. Be very curious to know how the system works at cruise ports. Thx, Sue

Yes, you use the GE card to prove you have GE, and will be allowed into the GE line. There is no visible note on your passport indicating you have GE.

Early on, it was pushed that the GE card had little or no use. However, there are now a number of uses, like getting into shorter, faster "trusted traveler" security lines at various airports.

By the way, your number is not on your boarding pass. It needs to be in your frequent flyer account, or given when you book the ticket. "TSA Pre" appears on your boarding pass.

Made it BB Kings many times. Musicians were excellent.

The band on the 11/19-11/26/17 cruise disembarked on 11/26. The new band will be on the ship 4 months. Male singer very good, female singer is good but has high voice. I don't think their names were Carlos and Ashley.

Talked with several of the musician and surprised that the band is put together by BB King Inc and do not stay together like regular band.

Thanks! I had heard that Carlos and Ashley were on the Eurodam so I'm guessing they left on the 26th. I'm sure we'll enjoy whatever group is there now.....we spend most evenings at BB Kings on our cruises... :)

Where can that be done?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you google "global entry" or "trusted traveler program" it should bring you to the website for the US Customs and Border Patrol. The application is there as are all the different locations available for interviews. Where you go for the interview will depend on where you live. We live just north of Palm Beach, FL and they had a location there so it was easy. The interview was 5 minutes; the fingerprinting another 5 minutes. The longest part is waiting for them to notify you that your application has be accepted and you need to go online to set an interview date. We returned to PE on Nov. 26 and it took about 5 minutes from getting our luggage to getting to the curb. It's worth every penny.

Helen

If you google "global entry" or "trusted traveler program" it should bring you to the website for the US Customs and Border Patrol. The application is there as are all the different locations available for interviews. Where you go for the interview will depend on where you live. We live just north of Palm Beach, FL and they had a location there so it was easy. The interview was 5 minutes; the fingerprinting another 5 minutes. The longest part is waiting for them to notify you that your application has be accepted and you need to go online to set an interview date. We returned to PE on Nov. 26 and it took about 5 minutes from getting our luggage to getting to the curb. It's worth every penny.

Helen

So what kind of questions do they ask you at the interview? Just curious.

Where can that be done?

Filling out the paperwork on-line is very easy. I had resisted getting GE because it meant a two hour drive

each way to the DC area for the interview. Then they opened an office 25 minutes away in Richmond. It was not until after they had my $100 that I found out the next available interview in Richmond was on April 3 (I will be in Cape Town then) so I ended up having to make an appointment at Dulles Airport after all. Luckily a friend had also applied and needed hers before April 3rd, so we are riding together and are going to have a nice lunch on the way home.

Where can that be done?

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-traveler-programs/global-entry/enrollment-centers

Most of the actual questions come online. The interview (I think) includes a photograph, fingerprint, and mostly explanation of the program.

Roy

Yes, you use the GE card to prove you have GE, and will be allowed into the GE line. There is no visible note on your passport indicating you have GE.

Early on, it was pushed that the GE card had little or no use. However, there are now a number of uses, like getting into shorter, faster "trusted traveler" security lines at various airports.

By the way, your number is not on your boarding pass. It needs to be in your frequent flyer account, or given when you book the ticket. "TSA Pre" appears on your boarding pass.

Just wanted to reiterate that you should carry those GE cards as CruiserBruce said. When we disembark at PE (including as recently as 11/26) that card has gotten us into that Global Entry fast lane.

I'm surprised the agents were only focusing on specific groups. I have never seen that before. I always get an agent who is working both the GE line as well as the adjacent line. In fact, there is usually an usher directing people to the next available agent to minimize delays.

I'm surprised the agents were only focusing on specific groups. I have never seen that before. I always get an agent who is working both the GE line as well as the adjacent line. In fact, there is usually an usher directing people to the next available agent to minimize delays.

They finally did do this once the Non US Citizen Line and Global Entry had no more passengers which was at 8:45 am; an hour and a half after embarking started. That left over 500 passengers waiting in line at 8:45 am. If a Non US Citizen showed up at 8:46 am they walked to the custom agent with no wait since by then there was no line for them while US Citizens waited 30-45 minutes