One Custom Agent at PE's Terminal 26: C'MON MAN !

RedneckBob

Hi y'all, Redneck Bob hear.

Me and the Misses just completed a fabulous 14 day cruise on the beautiful and elegant Eurodam; until we arrived back in Port Everglades, Terminal 26, yesterday. Embarking starting around 7:15 AM yesterday with those "Cant Wait to Get off The Ship" (expedited) passengers. We got off around 8:10 AM, third colored tag called. Once we went down those escalators and looked ahead all we could see was a mass of people in this long line at custom inspection. We got a bags and stood in line with all those other passengers; I estimate 300. When we finally got through the process some 40 minutes later I guess there were 500 people in line. What happened ?

Apparently there were only two custom agents but three separate lines; one for Non US Citizens. one for US Citizens and one for Global Entry. One agent was handling Global Entry only so that left the rest for one custom agent. Then at 8:25 AM a third custom agent arrives but he only is handling Non US Citizens. Now since the ship was probably 80% to 85% US citizens, this was great! I have no issue with Global Entry but it became obvious that there was maybe a 5 minute wait or line for NON US Citizens and same for Global Entry while the balance of us waited 30-40 minutes to get through. I'm proud to be an America, but C'MON MAN, can we get a little love by US Customs.

I'm Redneck Bob and " I see it like I tell it, I mean tell it like I see it"

When we got off Zuiderdam on 11/26, thee were two agents handling the regular people and one in the Global Entry. However the Global Entry person had only a couple of passengers, so he was accepting us regular people. The big problem was that hundreds (not dozens) of passengers elected the expedited and it was slow from the beginning of the process.

Jim

When we got off Zuiderdam on 11/26, thee were two agents handling the regular people and one in the Global Entry. However the Global Entry person had only a couple of passengers, so he was accepting us regular people. The big problem was that hundreds (not dozens) of passengers elected the expedited and it was slow from the beginning of the process.

Jim

This has been our experience as well. When the GE agent doesn't have a GE member, they handle others.

We got off Eurodam Nov 5. Over 2/3s of the pax were Canadian. There were 4 agents working. At 9:15, the line was probably 200 deep. We breezed through with GE. Outside in less than 10 minutes after arriving in the baggage area.

We get the government (including staffing) that we vote for (at least most of the time majority in voting wins).

If there is no funding to provide staff, then there is no staff.

I doubt if the problem is lack of funding for staff. It is a matter of inefficiency on the part of the particular agents assigned to that particular post. That is why in other cases, the agents cooperate with each other to clear the lines more efficiently. I know, because DH retired from what was then the Immigration Service and cleared both planes and ships. Many were the tales of similar inefficiencies.

Same experience here as well! Looks like nothing has changed. 3/15 we did a 14 day cruise on Eurodam. Got off to a zoo! Stood in lines forever and only 3 agents!!!

We have Global Entry now and it’s a breeze

International .

Seems like nothing has changed since we were there! Will see in 2019 doing a TA!

Denise:)

We arrived on 11/29 at Port Everglades. I had set up Mobile Pass after reading about how it works, only in Port Everglades, just like Global Entry. The app was easy to setup and load with the required information, took the selfie, answered the questions and got the receipt. Disembarked and grabbed a porter who was thrilled to hear that we had the Mobile Pass, since we would supposedly zip right through and he could get back to another customer. All was well until we got to the Global Entry line and was told that it could not be used because they did not have the scanner necessary to read the receipt on the phone. What? On line all was good, let us go through the whole process then tell us in the terminal that they aren't equipped to complete the process.

Fortunately, after some insistence on my part, we went up to the customs agent who just looked at our passports and let us go on through.

Does anyone have any idea when this process will be fixed?

We lucked out. Disembarked the Eurodam yesterday at 8:00 a.m. The porter who loaded our luggage said to follow him. We saw a long line of passengers snaking around Disney ropes and wondered how long it would be to finally get through customs.

We followed our porter who took us right up to the front of the line and we breezed through. Husband got the car from garage, picked me up with the luggage where the porter put me. We were on the road home at 8:30. Porter got a nice tip.

We arrived on 11/29 at Port Everglades. I had set up Mobile Pass after reading about how it works, only in Port Everglades, just like Global Entry. The app was easy to setup and load with the required information, took the selfie, answered the questions and got the receipt. Disembarked and grabbed a porter who was thrilled to hear that we had the Mobile Pass, since we would supposedly zip right through and he could get back to another customer. All was well until we got to the Global Entry line and was told that it could not be used because they did not have the scanner necessary to read the receipt on the phone. What? On line all was good, let us go through the whole process then tell us in the terminal that they aren't equipped to complete the process.

Fortunately, after some insistence on my part, we went up to the customs agent who just looked at our passports and let us go on through.

Does anyone have any idea when this process will be fixed?

Same thing happened to us. Between the mess at the airport (even worse experiences) and this, I'm glad we don't fly/sail out of Fort Lauderdale very often.

Last month, we got off the Royal Princess in PE, expedited disembark, Global Entry. From the time our ships cards were scanned at the gangway until we were on the street waiting for our ride was less than 5 minutes!

Moral to that story: GET GLOBAL ENTRY (BTW - it includes TSA Pre 100%.

Were there lots of ships in Port Everglades with the Eurodam? If the port was packed, they needed Inspectors at all the busy terminals.

Just 5 ships compared to seven the previous 2 weeks. The port did not seem busy at all the way the ships were parked

Redneck Bob:

Nice to see you back. Will look forward to one of your ever-pleasing reviews (please!!).

Well. Hi Y'all.

Didn't plan on it but maybe. Have to wait until my tummy slims down so I can be closer to the typewriter. You see we did something that we never did before; in 14 days we went to the four gala nights in the MDR but ate the other 10 nights in those Speciality Restaurants. I think I ate 10 lbs of meat, 3 lbs of seafood, 2 lbs of potatoes and a partridge in a pear tree :D

Hey Redneck Bob - I'm sailing on the Eurodam in 34 days (not that I'm counting ;) ) for two weeks. Did you get to the BB Kings at all and if so, did you note the names of the lead singers? My cousin and I are big fans of Carlos and Ashley and have been lucky enough to have them on the last two cruises I've taken and I'm hoping that we get lucky three years in a row.....

I'm glad to hear the food is as good as always.....I'm so looking forward to eating my way around the Caribbean!

Well. Hi Y'all.

Didn't plan on it but maybe. Have to wait until my tummy slims down so I can be closer to the typewriter. You see we did something that we never did before; in 14 days we went to the four gala nights in the MDR but ate the other 10 nights in those Speciality Restaurants. I think I ate 10 lbs of meat, 3 lbs of seafood, 2 lbs of potatoes and a partridge in a pear tree :D

It's the partridge, you know. They ALWAYS add on the pounds.

Sounds as if you had a good cruise, dinner-wise, at least. When you slim down, please think about writing a review, as your Christmas present to your avid readers on this board!

We lucked out. Disembarked the Eurodam yesterday at 8:00 a.m. The porter who loaded our luggage said to follow him. We saw a long line of passengers snaking around Disney ropes and wondered how long it would be to finally get through customs.

We followed our porter who took us right up to the front of the line and we breezed through. Husband got the car from garage, picked me up with the luggage where the porter put me. We were on the road home at 8:30. Porter got a nice tip.

You were very lucky. The porter was supposed to be in the line like all the other porters I saw in line with bags

Hey Redneck Bob - I'm sailing on the Eurodam in 34 days (not that I'm counting ;) ) for two weeks. Did you get to the BB Kings at all and if so, did you note the names of the lead singers? My cousin and I are big fans of Carlos and Ashley and have been lucky enough to have them on the last two cruises I've taken and I'm hoping that we get lucky three years in a row.....

I'm glad to hear the food is as good as always.....I'm so looking forward to eating my way around the Caribbean!

Made it BB Kings many times. Musicians were excellent.

The band on the 11/19-11/26/17 cruise disembarked on 11/26. The new band will be on the ship 4 months. Male singer very good, female singer is good but has high voice. I don't think their names were Carlos and Ashley.

Talked with several of the musician and surprised that the band is put together by BB King Inc and do not stay together like regular band.

You were very lucky. The porter was supposed to be in the line like all the other porters I saw in line with bags

Porters have sometimes done same with us. He loads our luggaeg e on his ccart, tells us to follow him and wow, thre we are right in front of the Official. Not my request, or as a resultr of anything w said or did. . We did as we were tol. d whatever large tip DH gave the porters was more than fine. :(

It's the partridge, you know. They ALWAYS add on the pounds.

Sounds as if you had a good cruise, dinner-wise, at least. When you slim down, please think about writing a review, as your Christmas present to your avid readers on this board!

Counting you and the Misses I think I have two avid readers.

Bah Hum boll weevil, I mean humbug :D