who would be interested in an adult only cruise

jaxw17

Zitsky,

I was recently walking out of my room (SKY leaving 11/13/17) and heard a dog barking. Steward said there was a small dog in there. Oh my! I thought I heard a dog barking prior!

I let it go since I am not well versed on pet vacations and how they are handled on cruises. Never looked into "rules" regarding pets. Never thought I had to. I continued on my way and had awesome time regardless.

I would be interested in an adult only cruise, but not on NCL.

I sail on NCL because it's a good fit for our entire family.

When we go as a couple, or I travel with my mom, we choose other lines.

I can understand the desire for a child-free Haven, but would not book this myself. Our last, our next, and any future possible NCL cruises would be only in the Haven. Perhaps there is a market for a "Family Haven"- could have features that make it particularly appealing to families, and thus satisfy the needs of all types of cruisers while keeping the regular Haven adult-oriented?

The Carnival Vista has a Family Haven type area called Family Harbor. If you book a cabin in this area you have access to a lounge/dining area for breakfast and snacks. They also offer movies,video and board games. Apparently there is a market for this as it seems very popular.

Did not see animals on Viking cruise. Sounds like it's a problem on NCL.

A "pet in a vest" is not the same as a service animal. Sadly, many "pet in a vest" owners (on any cruise line) are using that fact that many people cannot tell the difference between a true service animal (allowed) and a pet (not allowed) to bring their pet on a cruise. Misbehaving "pets in a vest" often give true service animals a bad reputation....just like misbehaving kids do the same to well behaved children.

A "pet in a vest" is not the same as a service animal. Sadly, many "pet in a vest" owners (on any cruise line) are using that fact that many people cannot tell the difference between a true service animal (allowed) and a pet (not allowed) to bring their pet on a cruise. Misbehaving "pets in a vest" often give true service animals a bad reputation....just like misbehaving kids do the same to well behaved children.

Well said :)

I am always amazed at the multitude of "false service vests" placed on animals. I agree "Misbehaving "pets in a vest" often give true service animals a bad reputation....just like misbehaving kids do the same to well behaved children".

We usually cruise "outside" of the main school holidays, on cruises that are longer than the "normal 7 days" and often with more "particular" cruise itineraries, and there are actually not many children "running around" on these cruises. But we have a few times been on cruises in the middle of summer, when there are a large number of families with younger children on board, without any significant "problems". I somehow just don't notice them anyway, I guess you could say that the children and I somehow don't hang out at the same "spots" on board, and therefore don't bother each other too much... ;p

An adults only cruise? Sounds great. But if there isn't one, then that is OK as well. I just make the best of it and enjoy my cruise anyway. :cool:

Hi

Just wondered how many of you would be interested in an Adult only cruise if NCL offered one.

I think there are times when it is nice to go away as a family and others where it is better that it is just adults the same as a land holiday.

Would such a cruise also have an adult theater with adult movies???:evilsmile:

Hi

Just wondered how many of you would be interested in an Adult only cruise if NCL offered one.

I think there are times when it is nice to go away as a family and others where it is better that it is just adults the same as a land holiday.

Absolutely!

I think kids onboard bring a different youthfulness to the cruise and the age of adults is younger too. I'd rather they make sure when they say something is adults only that they stick to it, I.e I'd love to get in a hot tub supposedly for adults without having small children get in.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Did not see animals on Viking cruise. Sounds like it's a problem on NCL.

no, not an NCL problem. You probably saw none because whatever cruise line you are using there will be so few service dogs you might not see one in 50 cruises, but all lines, if they are based in the USA have to abide by the pwd act. That isn't the exact initials but close enough. This goes for ships regardless of where they are flagged. I don't think Viking is headquartered in the USA>

I do think, as someone mentioned too many people are now labeling dogs as service dogs when they really are just pets.

Edited by newmexicoNita

no, not an NCL problem. You probably saw none because whatever cruise line you are using there will be so few service dogs you might not see one in 50 cruises, but all lines, if they are based in the USA have to abide by the pwd act. That isn't the exact initials but close enough. This goes for ships regardless of where they are flagged. I don't think Viking is headquartered in the USA>

I do think, as someone mentioned too many people are now labeling dogs as service dogs when they really are just pets.

I think you are looking for ADA. The Americans with Disabilities Act.

I think kids onboard bring a different youthfulness to the cruise and the age of adults is younger too. I'd rather they make sure when they say something is adults only that they stick to it, I.e I'd love to get in a hot tub supposedly for adults without having small children get in.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This more than anything!

Hi

A big yes from me on the adults only cruise, especially after a hectic Thanksgiving cruise on the Escape. I cannot place all of the blame on the kids after experiencing a crying baby in the Haven dining room at 8pm which was probably past the child's bed time. Nor can I blame the kids for the crying baby being held in its mothers arms while she drank at the Haven bar. The parents just dont seem to care if they disturb other people. We were very disappointed in our Haven stay but now we know not to cruise on a holiday or any time of year in which there will be a lot of kids.