Move Over

KevintheIrishDJ

Well, depends and they didn't assume and asked. Now if you lived in the departure port area (no flight involved), and have someone like me so that you are already packed and ready to go on the original cruise, then depending what they offered, I might grab it. Would all depend on what they added to make it worth my while. I wouldn't do it for nothing, even if I could!

Pooh

It really does depend on the circumstances. It would greatly depend on the offer and on where one lives. If flights are involved it would likely be a deal breaker for most but there are an awful lot of folks who live within driving distance of the port and who are already packed days in advance. there may also be hotels and excursions booked that would be deal breakers as well. For some folks it might well be a great offer. As to whether or not they are "nuts' it really depends.

Well to get someone from out of town (as there are no Princess cruises in the New York area in December) to drop everything and fly out two days earlier with barely 24 hours notice, the offer would have to be completely nuts. Substantially more than just the 100% of fare as refundable OBC. Is the replacement cruise the longer? (just the same number of days certainly wouldn't cut it). How many category upgrade? Any future compensation to sweeten the deal? In other words, give us the details!

ETA: just saw that the OP is on the Pacific Princess 14 day holiday cruise leaving on 12/22. They better have offered the sun moon and stars to abandon that cruise for a larger ship. Certainly a back-to-back plus another FCC, as likely the fare paid is way more than can be spent as OBC on the replacement cruise.

We got a move over request on 12/12 for a cruise on 12/16. We took it and were given a 50% refund and an upgrade from a corner aft balcony to a club mini suite with 2 beverage packages. A good deal for us.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just got a call to "move over" from 12/22 to a cruise leaving tomorrow 12/20. Are they NUTS.

When ever a poster describes a move over offer here, they get replies like "how come I never get an offer?",

or "who do I call for an offer?"

There is probably someone who would accept.

My personal experience is -- if no one accepts -- princess will keep increasing the offer.

ETA: just saw that the OP is on the Pacific Princess 14 day holiday cruise leaving on 12/22. They better have offered the sun moon and stars to abandon that cruise for a larger ship. Certainly a back-to-back plus another FCC, as likely the fare paid is way more than can be spent as OBC on the replacement cruise.

The returned fare offered as OBC is always refundable.:D

I just got a Move-Over offer for a cruise leaving this weekend. But it is for a downgrade cabin (from mini-suite to balcony), not for a different cruise. If the offer is sweet enough, I'll take it, up to the time I actually occupy my cabin.

We received an excellent move over offer a few years ago, which we were able to accept, less than 24 hours before sailing. We could take it, because it was an Alaska cruise and we're in Vancouver. There will usually be somebody who lives close enough who can take advantage of these last minute offers.

Princess called back today and offered thesame Pacific Princess Dec. 22, 2018, 14 day cruise, a big upgrade in our cabin and100% refund. We accepted.

So what were you "moving over" from? I understand move over offers to be to a different sailing. If they needed your cabin, why didn't they just upgrade you for no additional cost? I don't understand the 100% refund part...?

Princess called back today and offered thesame Pacific Princess Dec. 22, 2018, 14 day cruise, a big upgrade in our cabin and100% refund. We accepted.

Huh? A 100% refund and cabin upgrade on your original cruise? This doesn't seem to make sense. Maybe they really are nuts! :confused:

Huh? A 100% refund and cabin upgrade on your original cruise? This doesn't seem to make sense. Maybe they really are nuts! :confused:

They were leaving on the cruise in 2017 and now are taking the same cruise in 2018 instead. They postponed for a year. Got the same cruise they were doing in 2017 plus a great cabin upgrade and a full refund of what they paid for the 2017 sailing. Unless I'm reading it incorrectly which has been known to be done!!

what necessitates these offers from princess?

So what were you "moving over" from? I understand move over offers to be to a different sailing. If they needed your cabin, why didn't they just upgrade you for no additional cost?

In a word....OVERBOOKING.

And I am still insanely curious as to what the first move over offer was that involved embarking two days earlier. Which ship? How many days? OBC or refund? Any other sweeteners?

They were leaving on the cruise in 2017 and now are taking the same cruise in 2018 instead. They postponed for a year. Got the same cruise they were doing in 2017 plus a great cabin upgrade and a full refund of what they paid for the 2017 sailing. Unless I'm reading it incorrectly which has been known to be done!!

Sorry......My bad! You are not the one reading incorrectly, obviously I didn't notice the "minor " difference of 12 months. So now who is nuts? I think I know.:o;p