just got on a Wait List for exactly one week from now

CHEVSTRISS

against my better judgement I gave a deposit to be put on a waitlist for a sailing Dec 27. Has anyone ever done this or it worked out? I've booked less than a week out on NCL but this is my first HAL experience, these dates worked out but started showing sold out 2 days ago when we finally decided to go for it.

We would have to know by Monday as its a 12 hr drive to the port.

There are folks that will have to cancel the week before the cruise - so there's hope.

DH and I had a cruise booked to sail Dec 9th. On the 5th he was hospitalized and we found he would need a heart procedure ... we had to cancel 4 days ahead.:loudcry:

He's doing fine now and we're perusing the offerings for a future cruise.

PS ... We DID buy insurance and we will be getting back all of our fare and port/tax fees.:)

Zuiderdam to Panama Canal on wednesday Dec 27
Oh dear, at this point I wouldn't get my hopes up. They will be closed Sunday and Monday, so unless you get a Christmas miracle, then perhaps you can start planning for another cruise. Fingers crossed for you!

WE GOT IT WE GOT IT! The email arrived at 5:50 pm est and I saw it 30 mins later and jumped on the cel sitting in the parking lot to finalize it

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Wow! Congratulations! Knowing it's a holiday weekend, I wasn't holding my breath. So good to hear, and thanks for letting us know. :D

We were wait-listed on our last HAL cruise with less than a week before embarkation day. Our confirmation was just a few days before sailing. The important thing is to let HAL's FlightEase handle the flights as they were VERY good at getting low cost fares at the last minute. I would also recommend that this be done through HAL's personal cruise consultants rather than a third party agent. We did get to go on the cruise, but would have been able to walk away from the whole deal (flight and cruise) without a financial loss if we did not care for the offered cruise and airfare.

I would do it again, at least for a short cruise.

igraf