Msc black card comp dinner

marcoigna

good day;

i am reading all these posts and getting more confused, so i just want to give a shout out to all that have full knowledge, what the current situation is with these scenarios?:

1/ 1 Black card member sharing in a room with a non-black card member:

- Is it 1 complimentary meal for 2 (yourself and 1 guest)

- Is it 1 complimentary meal only for the black card holder?

2/ 2 Black card members sharing one stateroom:

-1 complimentary meal for 2 (yourself and 1 guest) -whereby only 1 black card member gets the benefit?

- Is it 2 complimentary meals for 2? (yourself and each have a guest)

- Is it each black card member receives only 1 meal only for the black card member and no guest?

if you can copy and paste with the correct answer - sorry, everyone seems to be using different terminology - and quotes from here & there - - - -

If both of you are black card then each of you gets a dinner with a guest, so the two of you would be able to go to dinner twice as a couple. I just verified this with MSC agent as I had purchased the 3 restaurant dinning package and would not need that plus the black card dinning. I hope it is clear what I have said if not let me know. Two black card each card gets dinner with a guest.

On the Divina recently (Nov 2017) we (DH & DW) are both Black Card. We each had 2 meals/person for a total of 4. Apparently it may be different on each ship?

That is the way it was for us on the Divina last year. But now I am hearing that they are trying to make it by Cabin rather than by the number of Black Card holders in the cabin.

We are going on Seaside in February...I hope it remains the same as it was on Divina.

That is the way it was for us on the Divina last year. But now I am hearing that they are trying to make it by Cabin rather than by the number of Black Card holders in the cabin.

We are going on Seaside in February...I hope it remains the same as it was on Divina.

We are going on the Divina Feb 4, 2018 and Seaside Nov 2018. We also hope it remains the same.

Actually on the MSC Fantasia it wasn´t worth it. It´s been the Mexican restaurant only and the menu is limited for the Black Card dinner. Needless to say that food was far away from being Mexican at all. So we all didn´t feel that we had to go once more.

steamboats

Since the time of both of us attaining Black, we have always had 2 evening dinners in Speciality restaurants without question which has been on several occasions now on different ships.

We're currently on Orchestra so, when I saw this thread, I decided to ask the Cruise Consultant to clarify the situation so I could report back. He told me that the "official" policy is one dinner per cabin. He is aware that people aren't happy about this and he thinks it's an unfair policy, too. He wanted to give me a second voucher (we'd only received one, but I don't use them anyway. We just mention to the waiter that we're Black Card. We give my card one night and DH's on the second night). We had no plans to go for a second evening to Shanghai so I declined his offer.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

I just noticed this wording on the MSC website. The last sentence seems to be new, or perhaps it was always there and is now being enforced. I will not be happy if my wife and I don't each get a free dinner for 2 on Seaside.

"COMPLIMENTARY SPECIALTY RESTAURANT DINNER (no beverages)

Members are entitled to enjoy one tasty menu dinner for 2 during the cruise (beverages excluded) at one of our specialty restaurants (Galaxy, Kaito Sushi, Oriental, Eataly Steakhouse, or Tex Mex. Eataly Ristorante Italia excluded). Members may extend an invitation to one occupant of the same cabin. Members under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult in order to enjoy the privilege. Cabin occupant can enjoy this extended benefit only once."

Edited by MisterBill99

An update on this issue from our December 23rd sailing.

The voyagers club and future sales rep Velentina showed me paperwork from 1 moth ago saying that it is now 1 meal per cabin for Black card holders! I challenged her on this and showed her an email from 2 days before the cruise from MSC UK Voyagers club saying 1 meal per card holder for 2 people, she was adamant that it had been changed.

We received in our cabin 2 vouchers for 2 meals for two people signed by none other than Valentina!

The Left hand (management) are not telling the Right hand (staff) what is going on.

The voyagers club and future sales rep Velentina showed me paperwork from 1 moth ago saying that it is now 1 meal per cabin for Black card holders! I challenged her on this and showed her an email from 2 days before the cruise from MSC UK Voyagers club saying 1 meal per card holder for 2 people, she was adamant that it had been changed.

We received in our cabin 2 vouchers for 2 meals for two people signed by none other than Valentina!

The Left hand (management) are not telling the Right hand (staff) what is going on.

Another example of a Cruise Line not being consistent and informing their employees. Even from ship to ship things differ. They create their own problems.

On the Divina recently (Nov 2017) we (DH & DW) are both Black Card. We each had 2 meals/person for a total of 4. Apparently it may be different on each ship?

Same with us. It was a great, and very delicious, benefit to enjoy.

Dave ............... I asked our Cruise Consultant on Orcherstra last week about this when I saw this thread. It looks like MSC Black Card benefits are being further eroded! Our CC also offered to give me a second voucher, which I respectfully refused as we really didn't fancy a second night in Shanghai. We'd already had the same menu twice in Oriental Plaza on Magnifica in October and couldn't face it again! I believe the CCs are willing to ignore this latest introduction from HQ as they are in the firing line from disgruntled Black Card members. Also, they tend to disagree with a lot of the negative changes made to the 'Loyalty' club and understand our POV.

I believe that I read in a different thread that someone who had not gotten their dinner vouchers just gave their server their card for the first meal and their spouse's for the second and it worked. So that would imply that the benefit is available on each card even if they're claiming that the feature has been reduced.

Just back from the December 23 sailing. We had 2 Black Card holders and 2 non-Black Card holders. We did Butchers Cut and the 2 without Black Cards were the 1 guest per card holder.

It was a wonderful dining experience too by the way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just back from the December 23 sailing. We had 2 Black Card holders and 2 non-Black Card holders. We did Butchers Cut and the 2 without Black Cards were the 1 guest per card holder.

Great to hear! Did they give you each a voucher or did you just go to the restaurant and given them your Sea Pass card?

Woo-hoo!!! Were all 4 in the same cabin?

When we sailed on Meraviglia in September/October just gone we had 2 two meals for two people in Butchers Cut simply by showing our black cards to the restaurant supervisor. No vouchers were needed or indeed offered.

This is from the T&Cs of the UK MSC web site, today, and clearly there has been a change of the conditions pertaining to the complimentary meal for Black card members.

"Complimentary Speciality Restaurant “Tasting Menu” Dinner (no beverages)[black] per cabin. Members are entitled to enjoy a tasting menu dinner for 2 at a speciality restaurant once during the cruise (beverages excluded). Members may extend their invitation to one occupant of the same cabin only once and only if the cabin mate is not a black card member. Privilege and speciality restaurants may

not be available on all ship classes. Privilege is not available if the members decides to eat dinner at self-service buffet. Members under 18 must be accompanied inorder to enjoy the privilege"

Pete

When we sailed on Meraviglia in September/October just gone we had 2 two meals for two people in Butchers Cut simply by showing our black cards to the restaurant supervisor. No vouchers were needed or indeed offered.

This is from the T&Cs of the UK MSC web site and clearly there has been a change of the conditions pertaining to the complimentary meal for Black card members.

"Complimentary Speciality Restaurant “Tasting Menu” Dinner (no beverages)[black] per cabin. Members are entitled to enjoy a tasting menu dinner for 2 atspeciality restaurant once during the cruise (beverages excluded). Members mayextend their invitation to one occupant of the same cabin only once and only ifthe cabin mate is not a black card member. Privilege and speciality restaurants may

not be available on all ship classes. Privilege is not available if the members decidesto eat dinner at self-service buffet. Members under 18 must be accompanied inorder to enjoy the privilege"

Pete

That was the same for us when we were on Meravigilia this past June. However, I am reading mixed messages about this on Seaside - whether it is 2 per card or 2 per cabin.. Just waiting to DCL Sailing if they 4 people were in the same cabin.

Great to hear! Did they give you each a voucher or did you just go to the restaurant and given them your Sea Pass card?

We had a formal invite with our Stateroom mail which we brought with us but they only asked for our cards with the bill. Also, someone called us asking to make specialty dining arrangements after we boarded.

My advice would be to book early!

Just of the Meraviglia. Here are the facts:

* EACH Back Card Member gets ONE(1) complementary Specialty Restaurant Dinner for two

*The SECOND Passenger for the Specialty dinner DOES NOT have to be in the same cabin as the Black Card holder who's dinner benefit you are using.

*YES, SOME of the Black Card benefits are remunerated by an invitation (Free Specialty Restaurant Dinner; FRee One Hour Thermal Suite Pass) but in most cases the invitations are not needed.

*There is a Special Section of the menu that you order from. In the case of Butcher's Cut, it's from a menu that's normally 39 Euros, which in MY opinion is quite expensive if you had to pay!

Yay! Thanks!!