Msc black card comp dinner

marcoigna

On 1/4/2018 at 12:33 PM, lifeasme123 said:

SWEET! Our DD (7 Years Old) is also Black Card - I hope she gets the dinner as well! 🙂

yeah, but if both of you are black, then she will have to find someone else for the other free one 🙂

When booking the Seaside for last Jan. was told 1 dinner for 2 each for both my wife and I. When booking on the ship was told the same. Went first time,no charge. When I went second time I confirmed with waiter that this would be my second free Black card dinner. He checked with supervisor and said"Yes.no problem". Charge showed up on my account next day. Went to GS and contested the charge and explained the OK from Supervisor. They basically called me a liar and did not remove the charge. No more MSC for me!!

1 hour ago, diesel1973 said:

When booking the Seaside for last Jan. was told 1 dinner for 2 each for both my wife and I. When booking on the ship was told the same. Went first time,no charge. When I went second time I confirmed with waiter that this would be my second free Black card dinner. He checked with supervisor and said"Yes.no problem". Charge showed up on my account next day. Went to GS and contested the charge and explained the OK from Supervisor. They basically called me a liar and did not remove the charge. No more MSC for me!!

Unless you signed for the charge, it can't be added to your account.  In fact, often you're asked to sign even when the bill is 0.00

I did not sign but they still charged my account! I disputed this with GS but they were very stern with their answer!That was not the only unwarranted charge on that cruise. Like I have stated before,they do what they want to do, not what is expected of them. Can't understand why anyone would cruise with them when they don't know what to expect. Look at all this turmoil about the drink packages.

45 minutes ago, diesel1973 said:

I did not sign but they still charged my account! I disputed this with GS but they were very stern with their answer!That was not the only unwarranted charge on that cruise. Like I have stated before,they do what they want to do, not what is expected of them. Can't understand why anyone would cruise with them when they don't know what to expect. Look at all this turmoil about the drink packages.

Do a chargeback on your credit card for the disputed amount.

5 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Unless you signed for the charge, it can't be added to your account.  In fact, often you're asked to sign even when the bill is 0.00

This is MSC we're talking about. Worst customer service I've dealt with on a ship. They had a real problem saying "yes".

57 minutes ago, diesel1973 said:

Don't really consider it a vacation when you have to deal with liars and thieves!!!! Done with MSC!!!

Exactly! The way they quietly changed this policy after getting people to book the cruise because of the status match and offer of 2 free meals was really terrible. I actually had a chance to switch to Interior Yacht Club cabin a few months before my cruise but didn't because I was looking forward to my 2 free meals in speciality restaurants. Bad move on my part. Won't make that mistake again.

I have taken over 20+  European cruises and land tours with various lines and have never been subjected with so much lies and deceit? Have been to Europe over ten times and have never had  problems with service or quality of food. All I read is this is the European style of cruising. Who are they trying to kid???? 

9 hours ago, MisterBill99 said:

Exactly! The way they quietly changed this policy after getting people to book the cruise because of the status match and offer of 2 free meals was really terrible. I actually had a chance to switch to Interior Yacht Club cabin a few months before my cruise but didn't because I was looking forward to my 2 free meals in speciality restaurants. Bad move on my part. Won't make that mistake again.

Maybe you could explain why ? because regardless of whether you are in a Bella Inside cabin or the Royal Suite you still get the meal for 2 people if you are at Black card level! what you are are saying is utter nonsense.

3 hours ago, sidari said:

Maybe you could explain why ? because regardless of whether you are in a Bella Inside cabin or the Royal Suite you still get the meal for 2 people if you are at Black card level! what you are are saying is utter nonsense.

When I booked my cruise (and up to around 2 weeks before it), each Black Card member got a meal for two people. So if both people were Black Card, you ended up with 2 meals for 2 people.They changed the policy to say that the 2nd person on the free meal could not be a Black Card member. So basically I got one meal for two people instead of two meals for two people. 

We have done 3 cruises since the new policy was introduced (which was about this time last year).  Here's our experience:

Orchestra Christmas 2017 - I had just heard about the new policy here on the forum.  Onboard, I spoke with the Cruise Consultant who offered us a second voucher (as only one had been issued), so we had the opportunity to enjoy 2 nights complimentary in the (only) Speciality Restaurant.

Splendida  April 2018 (28 nighter!!) - We received just the one voucher and the Cruise Consultant would not budge on the issue.

Poesia   Sept 2018  -  We received 2 vouchers in our cabin - no problems.

My instinct is that the policy is only being enforced on ships that have popular speciality restaurants.

On Seaside Xmas 2017 we received 2 Invites which gave us 4 meals after a discussion with the VC rep, in April on the same ship with the same VC rep we received one Invite for 2 meals! Divina at Xmas I am expecting just one Invite for 2 meals.

I'll see what the new speciality restaurant on Armonia is like, first, before checking out how flexible the VC rep is  :classic_unsure:   From what I've read, it sounds good.  :classic_smile:  :

Highlights of the Cuba cruise include the following:

NEW ONBOARD CULINARY ENHANCEMENTS

A new, mouth-watering specialty restaurant MSC Armonia will introduce a brand new specialty restaurant to the culinary line-up. The 38- seat “Surf & Turf” will serve a delectable menu, where guests can select an appetiser, main course and dessert from an assortment of gourmet options. For main courses, the Surf & Turf offers the best of both worlds, with a delicious filet mignon and tempting cold water lobster tail. Additional entrée highlights include a Lobster Thermidor, baked in shell with a mushroom cream sauce, and the 18 oz Certified Angus Beef Bone-in Ribeye. Desserts are as varied as they are divine with a Guava cheesecake, dressed in a warm Rum sauce, a Red Velvet Cake, and a Seven Layers Mexican Chocolate cake.

We never bothered going a second time on either Orchestra or Poesia - the Asian menus weren't our cup of tea. 

Edited by Beamafar

2 hours ago, sidari said:

On Seaside Xmas 2017 we received 2 Invites which gave us 4 meals after a discussion with the VC rep, in April on the same ship with the same VC rep we received one Invite for 2 meals! Divina at Xmas I am expecting just one Invite for 2 meals.

So you knew exactly what I was talking about in my earlier post which you claimed was "utter nonsense". I don't know why I let myself get involved in situations like this.

Edited by MisterBill99

1 hour ago, MisterBill99 said:

So you knew exactly what I was talking about in my earlier post which you claimed was "utter nonsense". I don't know why I let myself get involved in situations like this.

I think you misunderstood what sidari was saying, sidari was pointing out you would have got the same black card benefits regardless of YC or any other cabin, you had suggested you turned down the YC to keep the black benefits.

Edited by ziggyuk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ziggyuk said:

I think you misunderstood what sidari was saying, sidari was pointing out you would have got the same black card benefits regardless of YC or any other cabin, you had suggested you turned down the YC to keep the black benefits.

I passed on the YC because I figured I'd be eating in specialty restaurants for two of the seven nights so it wasn't necessarily worth paying extra to eat in YC, plus I figured I wanted to try the regular stuff. Obviously a poor decision on my part, exacerbated by my only getting one free meal in the specialties.

Edited by MisterBill99

24 minutes ago, sidari said:

MB ... Plenty of people in the YC go to the speciality restaurants.

Yes I know. I'm tired of explaining my thinking. Suffice to say that if I was going to get 2 free specialty meals, I didn't think it was worth it to upgrade to YC. I was wrong. Not that it matters at this point, since we won't be back on MSC.

12 minutes ago, cruisecrazy82 said:

Do you have to go to one of the specialty restaurants as soon as you board to make the reservation for the free dinner?

Referring to Seaside/Divina.  No, you will find many people trying to sell you specialty meals as soon as you board.  You can make reservations with them, but I'm unsure how much priority that has if there are conflicts.  There are more popular dates and times so if it is of supreme importance it might be better to head up to the specialty restaurant receptionist to make the reservation.  Divina was less of a problem as the specialties were rarely busy.

1 minute ago, Até said:

Referring to Seaside/Divina.  No, you will find many people trying to sell you specialty meals as soon as you board.  You can make reservations with them, but I'm unsure how much priority that has if there are conflicts.  There are more popular dates and times so if it is of supreme importance it might be better to head up to the specialty restaurant receptionist to make the reservation.  Divina was less of a problem as the specialties were rarely busy.

Thank you!  We’ll be on the Seaside. I just wanted to make sure it wasn’t something I needed to race to get done as soon as we are onboard.