Enchantment vs Majesty?

For those that have sailed on Enchantment and Majesty, which did you prefer? Differences? Pros/Cons?

We’re local to Port Canaveral and have the option of both. We have sailed with Enchantment before so we’re familiar with that ship.

Thanks!

Enchantment, Larger rooms, Balcony rooms,Larger ship and less passengers.

For those that have sailed on Enchantment and Majesty, which did you prefer? Differences? Pros/Cons?

We’re local to Port Canaveral and have the option of both. We have sailed with Enchantment before so we’re familiar with that ship.

Thanks!

Enchantment over Majesty by a wide margin. Enchantment has the adult Solarium and a huge main pool deck, plus Chops. Park Cafe is also very nice and open more than Compass Deli on Majesty.

I'm going to be the one vote for Majesty.

When we were on the Enchantment, maybe it was an off week for the crew, as cleanliness and service left a lot to be desired. I do however love that solarium, which the Majesty does not have.

The Majesty does have an amazing crew it seems, and the food was better in the dining room. Price being equal, I would likely choose the Majesty.

Have fun no matter what you choose. :D

We loved sailing on the Enchantment. Nothing truly negative to say about it.

We haven’t sailed on Majesty, but we sailed on her sister ship, the Monarch. While we enjoyed that cruise tremendously, the staterooms were terribly small.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Also been on both and like them both. The one thing that we noticed on Enchantment was that after they stretched the ship, we found it difficult to get seats in the theater. Lots of people standing to the point that if you were at the back of the standing group, you could not see anything...so, we left and went to the bar. Maybe that has been corrected now...have not been on Enchantment since she left Baltimore.

I'll cast my official vote in September. Its the last day of work and things are slow so I'll tell a little story. We sailed Majesty 3 times out of Miami, twice specifically because of Key West, but I also was leary of sailing out of Port Canaveral beause of the distance from the airport to the cruise port. In 2015 we sailed out of PC and I found my concerns were not justified and I liked sailing from PC. At the time Enchantment was in PC, I think a week before I booked Royal moved Enchantment to Miami , so it was Majesty two more times. After being on Majesty 5 times, I decided to book Empress out of Tampa. Shortly after I did so, Royal Moved Majesty to Tampa and gave me a 6th Majesty booking and changed the itinerary. So now I finally have Enchantment for next Sept. I think it will be the oldest ship that is new to me.

I'm a sucker for Viking Crown Lounges and Schooner Bars and I think Majesty's are better. Room size and venues Enchantment is better. At a similar price I probably choose whichever is easier for me to get to (to cruise out of Miami for a weekend at most I use a half day of PTO, if from Canaveral it's a different story).

Been on both several times...have been sailing on MJ (and on again in a couple of weeks) only because MJ replaced EN here in PC.

While we love the crew on MJ, the venues that we have come to enjoy are just not there.

Also on MJ you have to book a JS cabin minimum just to get a balcony cabin. We booked late on upcoming cruise, and all JS cabins and above were already gone. Outside cabins are very tiny.

Hands down prefer Enchantment...and love the fact she is coming back to PC, though only briefly...then Mariner coming in for the 3/4. Nice alternative there! :D

I cannot imagine a situation in which I would ever recommend Majesty over Enchantment.

Same here, except we prefer the HD who was on MJ and we also prefer Port Canaveral. So we've not been on Enchantment since she left PC. Now things are changing.

Same here, except we prefer the HD who was on MJ and we also prefer Port Canaveral. So we've not been on Enchantment since she left PC. Now things are changing.

We haven't done any of the short cruises since Enchantment left, it felt like such a step backwards getting Majesty.

Now with Enchantment then Mariner coming back... :D

We haven't done any of the short cruises since Enchantment left, it felt like such a step backwards getting Majesty.

Have not been on Mariner since our very first cruise. Will be good to see her again, and just booked one of her new sailings out of PC a couple of days ago. Actually will be the first cruise after coming out of dry dock...or so I gather with the missing dates mid May to June.

LOL.. and here I am being sad that Majesty is leaving and hoping to get one more on her before she does.

I am looking forward to Mariner though.

I cannot imagine a situation in which I would ever recommend Majesty over Enchantment.

Enchantment is more modern and overall a much better ship.

Haven't been on Majesty BUT her sisters. I can't imagine a world where that class of ship beats Enchantment.

Been on both several times...have been sailing on MJ (and on again in a couple of weeks) only because MJ replaced EN here in PC.

While we love the crew on MJ, the venues that we have come to enjoy are just not there.

Also on MJ you have to book a JS cabin minimum just to get a balcony cabin. We booked late on upcoming cruise, and all JS cabins and above were already gone. Outside cabins are very tiny.

Hands down prefer Enchantment...and love the fact she is coming back to PC, though only briefly...then Mariner coming in for the 3/4. Nice alternative there! :D

We must be neighbors! We’re about 20 our from Port Canaveral. 2018 cruises have Enchantment leaving from our port (March to be specific). We’ve sailed before and loved it!

Have not been on Mariner since our very first cruise. Will be good to see her again, and just booked one of her new sailings out of PC a couple of days ago. Actually will be the first cruise after coming out of dry dock...or so I gather with the missing dates mid May to June.

Mariner's dry dock is taking place before her arrival in Miami in June of 2018. She will have already been revitalized by the time she makes it to PC in 2019.

I love the crew on Majesty, but would choose Enchantment any day. I can't wait for her to get back to PC.

Always loved EN when we cruised with her, and missed her dearly when she

left us. Unfortunately she won't be here very long when she returns. Wish she could stay as the much needed third RCI ship in PC.

We must be neighbors! We’re about 20 our from Port Canaveral. 2018 cruises have Enchantment leaving from our port (March to be specific). We’ve sailed before and loved it!

We lived for 20 years on Merritt Island, (where it was nice to just take a taxi to the port ;)) and we could hear the ship's horns when they departed. Always made us wish we were also on board. Loved going to Grills at the port to watch sail away. :hearteyes:

Three years ago we moved out to "the swamp" which gives our other cruising love, "the land yacht", a covered RV port attached to our house in our RV friendly community. Indeed about 20 miles away. :)

Mariner's dry dock is taking place before her arrival in Miami in June of 2018. She will have already been revitalized by the time she makes it to PC in 2019.

Hmm...thanks for the information. The DH was worried about taking the first cruise fresh out of dry dock. For some reason I could not pull up the end of May...but can do it now.

We are going on Enchantment in April (first time on her). Does anyone know if the balcony doors can be opened between cabins on the AFT?

Just found out our best friends are going to join us and were able to get the AFT cabin next to us.