Seattle hotel

nana51

Picked my cruises and port. I didn't take the package because I'm cheap. I'm paying for two this time. We live in San Diego and don't anticipate any problem arriving the morning of the cruise but just in case I change my mind what hotel does HA use, If it is too expensive does anyone have any suggestions, I'm not really cheap usually stay 4* and up.

Picked my cruises and port. I didn't take the package because I'm cheap. I'm paying for two this time. We live in San Diego and don't anticipate any problem arriving the morning of the cruise but just in case I change my mind what hotel does HA use, If it is too expensive does anyone have any suggestions, I'm not really cheap usually stay 4* and up.

Hello, fellow San Diegans here and I commuted to Seattle for 2 years. Here are my thoughts. Doubletree is okay and near the airport, but you will be an early stop for shuttlebus and it will make many stops before getting to the cruiseport. But there is nothing to see or do around there. If you dig 4 and 5 star hotels (and who doesn't) opt for a nice downtown like Westin, Sheraton or for older and a bit more stylish the Rennaisance is great. The nice thing about the downtown hotels is you will be closer to the end of the stops if using HAL transport and you will be able to enjoy the Downtown vibe if you are arriving a day ahead.

If flying on Alaska Airlines on same day, they have a superb on-time reputation and you can board the same day no problem although it helps if you leave at 6:am. We have done that.

I've stayed in almost all 4.5-5* hotels in Seattle, and there are lots of great choices. Despite there being some grand hotels, I return time and time again to Kimpton hotels which are smaller boutique hotels, my favorite being the Hotel Monaco. There is a wine reception in the evening and coffee/tea/hot chocolate in the morning which is a nice perk. Sign up for free to their Karma Rewards program and you will have access to last minute deals (posted each week) and get sent offers by email too. They have several hotels in Seattle that offer the same perks but vary wildly in their interior decor style. Since someone else mentioned Sheraton, I'll say they have the best location for walking to everything and if you can get a Club room even better. Seattle can be expensive, but usually Fri/Sat nights are the cheapest as weeknights the hotels are often filled with business people attending conventions.

We stayed at the Sheraton using the PCC recommendation back in June of 2016. I believe it was around $400 per night. We weren’t impressed for the price and would probably stay near SeaTac in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Another possibility is to stay on Bainbridge Island, the taxi to the ferry is $5 from the two hotels, and from the ferry dock in Seattle you could take an Uber or taxi to Pier 91. Ferry fare is $8 or $4 if a senior.

You could even stay in Poulsbo, a charming Norwegian village with great restaurants and take the bus ($2) to the ferry on Bainbridge. Hotels here are much cheaper than downtown Seattle. I don't know if they let you leave your car parked there while on the cruise.

Either way, great views of Seattle and the cruise ship from the ferry.

We stayed at the Sheraton using the PCC recommendation back in June of 2016. I believe it was around $400 per night. We weren’t impressed for the price and would probably stay near SeaTac in the future.

It may not be the fanciest hotel for the price, but you can't beat the location if you want to enjoy the waterfront/Pike Place area of downtown. I have found that all downtown hotels near attractions in major cities are horribly expensive, unfortunately. If location downtown is important to you, it just goes with the territory IMO.

Since We have points from our Southwest CC, we're flying into Seattle the day before the cruise...Staying downtown at StayPineapple at Hotel Five. We'll be landing at 11:30am, so will have plenty of time to take in the sights! We're five minutes from the scenic train to Vancouver. Better a 4 hour train ride, than the cruise provided bus transfer...? Right? I hope I'm right. This might be an instance where I end up regretting "going rogue"

Since We have points from our Southwest CC, we're flying into Seattle the day before the cruise...Staying downtown at StayPineapple at Hotel Five. We'll be landing at 11:30am, so will have plenty of time to take in the sights! We're five minutes from the scenic train to Vancouver. Better a 4 hour train ride, than the cruise provided bus transfer...? Right? I hope I'm right. This might be an instance where I end up regretting "going rogue"

We loved the train from Seattle to Vancouver (did it in Sept) but be aware that it can run a bit late (we were about an hour). Plus had to wait another 30 minutes for a taxi to our hotel in downtown Vancouver (got to Hyatt around 1:30 - 2 PM as I recall). You might want to research the train's track record for on time performance and how late you can get onboard your ship.

Well since I’m only staying to make sure we are time for the cruise, it doesn’t have to be close to anything. I’ve been many times. I would like to see pike market as that is always fun. I’d like a real restaurant in the hotel, although I’m sure there are tons of places to eat. I usually drive to my sisters. As the previous poster noted, $400. a night is too much.

We loved the train from Seattle to Vancouver (did it in Sept) but be aware that it can run a bit late (we were about an hour). Plus had to wait another 30 minutes for a taxi to our hotel in downtown Vancouver (got to Hyatt around 1:30 - 2 PM as I recall). You might want to research the train's track record for on time performance and how late you can get onboard your ship.

We live in the area, so have taken the train from Everett to Vancouver a couple times. But the last time it took an hour longer than it should have and like Dave we had to wait awhile for a taxi. I would do it again if I were going to spend the night in Vancouver, but not if the cruise is the same day. Too many things can happen.

If I recall correctly the train gets us to the port several hours around 10:45am, and there's a free area shuttle. I think we'll be fine. I'm stressing already! The train ticket is the only leg of transportation I havent booked yet.

OK...I need to get off this computer and pay attention to my husband on New Years!

Happy New Year!

We live in the area, so have taken the train from Everett to Vancouver a couple times. But the last time it took an hour longer than it should have and like Dave we had to wait awhile for a taxi. I would do it again if I were going to spend the night in Vancouver, but not if the cruise is the same day. Too many things can happen.

Hi Carolyn

Is Evrett near Seattle?

Did you have to wait for a taxi to get you from the train station to the ship?

We would have flown into Vancouver instead of Seattle, but the trip had 2 plane changes and we’d have to leave from NYC.... which is no way to start a vacation ( if you’ve ever driven there, you’d understand.:(

I always wante to see Seattle anyway!

Do they have Uber in Vancouver?

We stayed at The Moore Hotel, upon recommendations on CC. We had a-large room 2 dbl beds. No AC but all windows open. Best part cost was about $165/night. Would definitely stay there again.

I have stayed there twice. Both times during a heat wave, so we did miss the AC. But it was nice to easily walk down to the shoreline which was very cool. I would stay there again, but I was fortunate enough to get an early discount of $149 at the Courtyard Downtown......currently $349. I especially like this hotel because it is close to a light rail station so I don't need to pack all our HC stuff in a van for the ride from the airport. I also like that it is a near a less steep access to the waterfront.

If I recall correctly the train gets us to the port several hours around 10:45am, and there's a free area shuttle. I think we'll be fine. I'm stressing already! The train ticket is the only leg of transportation I havent booked yet.

OK...I need to get off this computer and pay attention to my husband on New Years!

Happy New Year!

You need to recheck this, as I am pretty sure we were scheduled in around 11:45 am and it was close to 1 PM when we actually arrived. Short wait for baggage and Customs, then about 30 minutes for taxi. Ride to pier about 15 minutes I am estimating.

You might ask this question on the Canada departures board as they have alot of good information there.