LIVE - Mariner - Miami to Lima 1/5/2018 to 1/23/2018

irishwitchy

I don't think anybody thought the escargot weren't safe. Just that Robin almost didn't know they were on the menu.

I would've expected to find them under appetizers; but I always read the entire menu as I would never want to miss ANYTHING.

From what I read this evening, eating some types of escargot is not safe which is why I made the comment that I did.

I don't get why having the egg and truffles under the meat heading is an issue. I'm like you and read the entire menu. Not sure where else to put that appetizer. I suppose it could be under vegetables - if there was such a listing or under chicken except that eggs aren't chicken. And, the dish isn't a salad either I guess Regent could just list all appetizers alphabetically. Since this is the first time I've read about this issue, it is difficult to even think of a proper response.

Agree with Silver Sweethearts that tofu, when prepared properly, can take on just about any flavor that you infuse into it.

I do have one question ....... am I reading correctly that Robin got seasick while in the Panama Canal?

Kathy and Ron, had dinner with Robin in prime 7. Great dinner in most cases - small issue with sliders that was corrected. The three of us went up to deck 12 to see Olga and order the lemonchello that didn’t appear in Prime 7. That did in Robin, followed by my husband, but my head cold seems to be on almost gone and I hung out for a bit.

I should mention while we were on the ultra excited train, we passed a prison. My husband and I happened to be outside on the “rainforest” side, the only wild life we saw was a showering naked inmate waving at the train. Very funny- we waved back!

My husband and I left the ship last night as soon as we arrived in Panama. We were suppose to be able to tender at 8, but we arrived early and took the first tender around 6:30. We checked with guest services about restraurants at port and they were most useless. Reception was a bit better, but not much. I normally do lots of research, but didn’t in this case. We did have dinner in the port area, but expected a bit more knowledge from the regent staff. Funny story, we get on that first tender with about four crew members and someone from the Panama Canal port authority. The tender crew didn’t know where to dock the thing and we drove around in a few do loops. What is do loop, for those non technical folks, that is repeating multiple times the same loop again until you get it right.

We eat a dinner with sangria and clams in garlic sauce and plantains which we just ok. Get back on the tender and we take a very long slow ride back to the ship. Turns out they were getting a supplies delivered - that was quite interesting to watch. However, it was a perfect evening weather wise and we were seating by ourselves on the top deck of the tender with the lights of Panama City in front of us. Time for bed.

The famous room with a view got to me. Very rocky or something. I sat in deck 6 and loaded pictures on Facebook. I was fine once I left that space. Felt I would be sick in that room.

I have eaten in the marina in the past. No idea where and had fish. Several places to pick from.i was watching the tender service on that cruise to be back on time.

We did the wine lunch today and that a perfect afternoon. The wine and food were very good, I would like to see some of those dishes on the regular menu! Highly recommend if you like good wine. I discovered a chardonary I like and a Malbec I didn’t! (That is a blind tasting). After lunch the pool deck and sun seemed like a great place for a nap. Dinner in Compass Rose was very good and somehow I ended up with enough lobster for a few more people.

The piano player that joined the cruise was excellent and actually played a few songs past 1980! We heard Ride Sally Ride from one of the lounges again for like the 15 time. I actually happen to like the song, but really how about some Steve Wynwood on the piano, he is old, from the sixties and English! Crossing the equator in a few hours and to Manta tomorrow, we are taking a very simple local bus to do some shopping.

Well, you are rhe lucky ones. Inwent to lunch on rhe pool deck around 1 and the wind came and rain

Mad dadh to cabin and hot soup

I was cold.

Never realize the sun came out as i had shade

Meanwhile went to the 6 pm show amd dinner

Later danced for an hour in disco. They did play Mustrag Sally twice

Plus some good dance numbers

Hard to do rock with two people

Thanks Iriswitchey and Ellbon on for your continued live reports. Ida’s happy to hear you’re enjoying some dancing/late nite music. Are the Tritones the two that are playing the music in the lounge?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Iriswitchey and Ellbon on for your continued live reports. Ida’s happy to hear you’re enjoying some dancing/late nite music. Are the Tritones the two that are playing the music in the lounge?

As they are called the resident duo I am not sure. Just two European singers. Last night we had several dancers in there. Some nights just me. The band in another room but prefer this over them.

Wes, we were on the Mariner's Amazon sailing, and the Tritones Duo was indeed onboard. The current performers in the group are Janos and Svetlana (think I got it right). Elisabeta was not in the Duo onboard our sailing.

They performed in the Horizon Lounge for pre-dinner dancing, and I think later in the evening as well. I only saw them in their pre-dinner sets.

Thanks you ellbon and RJ2002. Ida enjoyed dancing to the tritones when Elisabeta was with Janos. So ellbon expect company

I am looking for dancers from 1030 on

Dance pre dinner

Now waiting dinner

Hope you enjoy Manta although not much to do. I spent almost a year there working for Uncle Sam and grew to love the country and its people. Coldest beer in town and Don Q rum was at the Oro Verde Hotel lobby bar and great seafood in the Malecón, or beach restaurants.

Z and TB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope you enjoy Manta although not much to do. I spent almost a year there working for Uncle Sam and grew to love the country and its people. Coldest beer in town and Don Q rum was at the Oro Verde Hotel lobby bar and great seafood in the Malecón, or beach restaurants.

Z and TB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We loved the bus ride to Manta with the band on the roof. It was crazy but wonderful fun. While we won't be in Manta on our cruise next year, we will be in Ecuador and look forward to it very much!

Manta is one of those places that you just need to embrace the local culture. We went to church at First Baptist Church of Manta. Of course, George speaks no Spanish, so I had to translate as much as I could, but it was a great experience. We were the honored guests. The people were so hospitable and happy we came to visit.

If you're staying on through Rio, my husband and I will be there to join you! I'm sure my in-laws will be as well!

Oh good! Wes, Ida and myself plus I am sure others, the duo bare good.

The bus ride was from Manta to,Monticrisco. I did not do that one but an air con tour with free time there. Onky one bus with the bd on top and the crew tour had a band,

Oh good! Wes, Ida and myself plus I am sure others, the duo bare good.

The bus ride was from Manta to,Monticrisco. I did not do that one but an air con tour with free time there. Onky one bus with the bd on top and the crew tour had a band,

How many buses were there? If "Onky one bus with the bd on top" and "crew tour had a band", that would be two buses. When we did it, there were probably 6 buses with half of them with a brand on the roof. Still feel that it was the most fun tour that we have ever done on Regent. Everyone was waving at us - even the police. We were wearing funny ties and had noise makers - it was better than New Year's Eve!

Today was great

Thank you Ron and Cathy

Still laughing over lunch

The silverware and mallet

Here is to great local beer and chocolate

Carhy please tell the lunch story as you can tell it better

Thanks for the memories

What do you think of a person using her cell phone to video a show on the ship.

Besides being ilegal to do

Taking brief clips is OK, IMO. What I don't like is when someone takes extended or continuous videos. It is distracting for others, especially if you are sitting right behind the person taking the video.

edit: if there has been a specific announcement to NOT take videos, then obviously it should not be done.

Agree that video of shows should not be taken when you are expressly told not take video. After all, people in the industry could be trying to copy routines, etc. This happens all too frequently.

In terms of taking video in the theater, when John Barron performs. he welcomes people to take videos (he says that when he is introducing himself before the shore). In this case, it is the responsibility of the person taking the video not to block anyone's view (we sit in the front row the few times that we have taken videos in the theater - mostly of John). If someone is blocking your view, you can politely let them know so that they can reposition themselves or the phone/camera.

This was a ships production show

Not sure but i believe illegal to tape any part of a production show. This also was the front row. Person told me to shut my damn mouth. Tried reporting it and her words but front desk called CD and said i was complaining about vidio and never said a word on my treatment nor has ahe called me on policy